The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

7 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Opening day!!! I am a little worried about the rotation. Seems they’re really banking on young guys to step up and Mikolas to somewhat repeat last year especially after that contract he received. Hopefully Reyes and once Martinez gets back can push Waino out of the rotation for good.

We have a really strong starting 4, especially if Wacha stays healthy. I got a hypothetical question for you guys....If Wainwright struggles, who do you want filling his spot in the rotation?

Guess the logical answer would be a healthy Carlos Martinez. But what if he comes back and is lights out down in the BP? a Bullpen of...Alex Reyes - Andrew Miller - Carlos Martinez - Jordan Hicks has by far more potential of any Cardinals bullpen I can remember in the past decade.  

4 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

We have a really strong starting 4, especially if Wacha stays healthy. I got a hypothetical question for you guys....If Wainwright struggles, who do you want filling his spot in the rotation?

Guess the logical answer would be a healthy Carlos Martinez. But what if he comes back and is lights out down in the BP? a Bullpen of...Alex Reyes - Andrew Miller - Carlos Martinez - Jordan Hicks has by far more potential of any Cardinals bullpen I can remember in the past decade.  

CMart no doubt.

17 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I don't think Fowler is in there if we were talking our best lineup. And I want no part of Molina in the 3-hole. 

I meant out of what we're going to put out there. If we were just talking our true best lineup mine would be

Carp, Goldy, Martinez, Ozuna, Dejong, Molina, Bader, Wong

I’m glad Wong started the year off hot. I really think he’s in for a big year. He seems really confident and not just ups and downs. I think Shildt has done wonders for his head. I could really see him hitting .285, maybe 15-20 HRs, 20 SB, and a gold glove. 

Also, I’m glad we used the bottom of our bullpen yesterday. I’m tired of seeing the same relievers day in and day out regardless of score. 

I want to see Flaherty get us a lead today and move into the high octane relievers. Reyes, Miller, Hicks is making me hot under the collar.