The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

16 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Mo pretty much said this yesterday in a interview...They were waiting for the Gray trade to sort of set the market.

Yep, Don't think we're the only ones either. The Cubs struck ahead of the market in getting Quintana. Other than that though, most notable name to be moved was Jaime...

I think once/if Gray goes the dominoes will start to fall...

30 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Yep, Don't think we're the only ones either. The Cubs struck ahead of the market in getting Quintana. Other than that though, most notable name to be moved was Jaime...

I think once/if Gray goes the dominoes will start to fall...

I think I was overreacting because all I've grown up to is winning.  Buster Olney tweeted about Lynn a bit ago as did Goold

What sorta return would we expect if we traded Lynn & Grichuk/Pham

8 minutes ago, yoinesh123 said:

I think I was overreacting because all I've grown up to is winning.  Buster Olney tweeted about Lynn a bit ago as did Goold

What sorta return would we expect if we traded Lynn & Grichuk/Pham

probably 3 mediocre prospects...but I'd hope they go hard after one guy in their top 5. 

Tommy Pham's value is such a mystery, so it really is hard to say what he and Lynn could get in a trade if they were packaged together. Pham is on pace for a 6 WAR season...if there weren't so many ?s regarding his health, I'd say he alone is worth a top 70 prospect. 

Edited by holt_bruce81

7 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

probably 3 mediocre prospects...but I'd hope they go hard after one guy in their top 5. 

We know Mejia would be off limits and I don't think we'd be able to pull McKenzie either. I'd like to see them pull one of Zimmer or Chang (both top 5) and then a prospect in the 15-25 range...

Well, can't say I'm shocked after what I posted earlier. It was worst case scenario leading into the deadline.  Even though we have gaping holes and inconsistent team as can be, we're just too close to striking distance for the FO to sell. Kind of shocked they didn't add either...

All I can say is we'd better offer the QO to Lynn now...

The off-season is now the target to retool this roster...

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Well, can't say I'm shocked after what I posted earlier. It was worst case scenario leading into the deadline.  Even though we have gaping holes and inconsistent team as can be, we're just too close to striking distance for the FO to sell. Kind of shocked they didn't add either...

All I can say is we'd better offer the QO to Lynn now...

The off-season is now the target to retool this roster...

What makes you think anything is going to change in the offseason?  It was wishful thinking that the Cardinals were going to find their MOTOB during the deadline, and I'm not sure who tweeted it but it came across that the position player trades pretty much cratered.  Nobody was getting dealt.

And that's the frustration I have with this FO, they're conservative almost to a fault.  I'm not asking them to give away prospects like they're candy, but we're constantly seeing this team finishing runner up on FA and we're constantly a move or two behind.  The Cardinals literally did nothing to help the big league club now or in the future at the bullpen, they sat on their hands.  And I'm not going to fault them for not moving Pham if teams weren't willing to give up much of anything of value for him, but the notion that Lynn couldn't fetch at least 2nd round DP value is crazy to me.