The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

On 6/5/2022 at 12:11 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

So Donovan has secured himself a roster spot even with O’Neil and Carlson back, right? My guess is Noot goes back to Memphis. The other spot is either Yepez going down, or Dickerson to the IL or DFAd. Yepez has cooled off tremendously and his power will be replaced by the TON and Carlson(hopefully). I was hoping Yepez was here to stay, but I don’t think we’re seeing the last of him. 

Donovan has to stay right now. He's getting on base at a 44% clip, can play all over the diamond, getting those clutch hits.

Oh did I mention he's 1 of 2 players in the entire MLB that Hansen taken more BBs than K's. That is amazing.

He stays for me. He probably can't sustain this level, but I'm riding this devil magic as long as I can.

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

You called that one. Its unfortunate that it happened right after he hit 2 HRs (although he looked bad in his other ABs that game

He hasn’t looked comfortable at the plate this year. I suppose I never really watched him before this year, so maybe that’s how he always swings. But it isn’t pretty.

Donovan has been a stud lately but how about Bader? Definitely not a liability with the bat anymore and obviously one of the best CFs in baseball. Not sure what this lineup will look like once Carlson and O’Neill come back next week but I find it hard to take Donovan’s bat out. Do we keep Nootbar or Yepez up? O’Neill could very well resort to how he was playing earlier in the season, so I’d definitely keep the better bat in Yepez up. 

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Donovan has been a stud lately but how about Bader? Definitely not a liability with the bat anymore and obviously one of the best CFs in baseball. Not sure what this lineup will look like once Carlson and O’Neill come back next week but I find it hard to take Donovan’s bat out. Do we keep Nootbar or Yepez up? O’Neill could very well resort to how he was playing earlier in the season, so I’d definitely keep the better bat in Yepez up. 

Brendan Donovan is going to be your super-sub as long as he continues to hit.  You can rotate him at a bunch of different positions.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Brendan Donovan is going to be your super-sub as long as he continues to hit.  You can rotate him at a bunch of different positions.

They won’t, but Sosa should be an option to be sent down right now (mostly due to Donovan)

20 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I think Nootbar goes to Memphis for sure. Yepez might join him. Dickerson could also hit the IL due to his injury, or he may be outright released

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

O’Neill surprisingly is back tonight. Let’s see if he continues to be the worst hitter or the team. Hopefully he resorts back to some of the 2nd half of last season.

He was pretty hot in Memphis during his rehab. Hopefully that’s a sign of things to come.

9 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Last nights loss was rough. Down to 2 outs after the awesome Nolan play. Then to give up a 3 run bomb to a scrub. Ruined another awesome start by Hudson. If he keeps pitching like this…. Sheesh

Hudson is killing it, no doubt. The sinker/slider combo is so ridiculously good. It’s no wonder every pitcher in the league does it now. If Jack comes back like Jack, and TON looks like last year, we’re a legit WS contenders