The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

33 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Rumors are that Reds are asking for package similar to what Berrios took last year. Basically a top 20 MLB prospect and another higher end prospect. 

Not that they would trade him to is anyway, but no thanks to that.

Yeah no thanks. Go get Jose Quintana for a third of the cost. 

6 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Cooper Hjerpe signs for $3,182,200 (full slot). 

Cardinals also signed their 2nd round pick Brycen Mautz for $1.1 milllion ($1,246,200 slot value) 

That's pretty much the entirety of the excess in the bonus pool.

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Has anyone seen a draft recap for us with little breakdowns? I usually see such content on VEB, but I didn’t this year. Maybe I missed it. 

Nope.  Feels like it's been pretty quiet this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

With Matz being removed last night with the left knee strain, all but ensures we're going to be securing a starter at the deadline.

Just hope we don't grossly overpay for a guy like Montas vs. Getting the bargain arms (like last year).

Quintana is my ideal target this year. He’s been mentioned in here a lot, I’m not trying to claim I just thought of him. 

Anyone have any opinions on Carlson as a full time CF? Obviously Bader is the superior defender, but Carlson is looking really solid and has a chance to be a much better hitter. This is super wishful thinking but maybe we could look at shipping Bader out next year to move Carlson to CF and give Walker a spot in RF? Imagine the offensive firepower with an OF of TON - Carlson - Walker. Then long term Carlson slides back to a corner once Walker gets a spot in the IF and we find another CF. Just spitballing.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Anyone have any opinions on Carlson as a full time CF? Obviously Bader is the superior defender, but Carlson is looking really solid and has a chance to be a much better hitter. This is super wishful thinking but maybe we could look at shipping Bader out next year to move Carlson to CF and give Walker a spot in RF? Imagine the offensive firepower with an OF of TON - Carlson - Walker. Then long term Carlson slides back to a corner once Walker gets a spot in the IF and we find another CF. Just spitballing.

I would assume that O'Neill would slide over to RF, and Walker would play LF.

• Like 1