The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

Tommy Edman is on pace for between a 4.9 - 6 WAR (depending on which site reference you use). That is an incredible season for most MIF, let alone a guy who has been shifted all over the field. 

The guys that are ahead of him this season? You're talking about guys like Machado, Goldy, Arenado, Judge, Bogarts, Jose Ramirez, Austin Riley, Trea Turner.

Edited by kgarrett12486
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Tommy Edman is on pace for between a 4.9 - 6 WAR (depending on which site reference you use). That is an incredible season for most MIF, let alone a guy who has been shifted all over the field. 

The guys that are ahead of him this season? You're talking about guys like Machado, Goldy, Arenado, Judge, Bogarts, Jose Ramirez, Austin Riley, Trea Turner.

For The Boys Stud GIF by Barstool Sports

20 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It's impressive that he doesn't even look like he's close to as good as he could be too. Using my eye test it looks like he was better last year. I think it's because he moved around a lot, the numbers clearly don't bear that out. Dude is a stud no doubt. 

Just want to throw something out there, while Atlanta is getting all the talk because they caught the Mets, have you guys looked at the Cardinals record since the ASB? We are 31-13 (.704), thats a 114 win pace.

If you look just since the Start of Aug, we are 27-9 (.750) which would be a 121 win pace. 

This is a darn good team, who was bolstered with the right pieces, and we can play with anyone. Just need to keep it strong through the final 25 games and into the playoffs

• Like 2

Was having this conversation the other day, if we arent able to catch the Mets/Braves for the 2 seed, who do you pitch in that Wild Card series?

We would likely be playing SD or PHI, but all games in St. Louis. With that being the case, I think I would start off with Wainwright in Game 1. Other than the obvious "potential final postseason start at Busch" stuff, Wainwright is just as good as the rest of our guys when hes on, and he is never more on than at home under the bright lights.

This also could really set up us well, if we get that Game 1 win, I would like to toss Monty in Game 2, because that sets us up for Mikolas as either the Game 3 do ro die guy, or if we get the Sweep, we are already set up with him to toss Game 1 of the Division Series.