The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

We have to be looking to re-sign Juan Nicasio right? He pitched pretty damn good in the late innings for us down the stretch...

Another name to keep an eye on is Kelvin Herrera of the Royals. Royals will be going full on sell mode this off-season and I know Cards have expressed interest in the past...

I'm down for re-signing Nicasio.  He's been pretty good.  Any idea what kind of contract he'd command?  I don't get the sense that he'll be crazy expensive.

Just now, kgarrett12486 said:

I think we all need to stop and realize the offensive year Tommy Pham is going to end up having. He'll be 1 of 3 players in the last 10 years to have .300/.400/.500 triple slash with 20/20/20 HRs, steals and doubles...

The other two are Trout and Altuve...

Yes.  Really impressive.  I think I read he's the only Cardinal since 1900 (I don't know if that means there was someone before 1900 or if that's just how far back the stats go) to go 20/20/20 and hit .300.  

Also read this on Twitter today (from @CardinalMetrics): Tommy Pham has a 6.0 WAR this year. That’s top 10 in MLB. Only player with higher WAR and less games played than him? Mike Trout.

8 hours ago, tttmikeb said:

Bob Nightengale just said on 101 ESPN that he thinks a package of Grichuk and a mid-level prospect would be enough to acquire Donaldson.  That's less than I would have guessed.  Thoughts?

I think he's gone senile...that's not even close to what it'd take to get Josh Donaldson.

12 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I think we all need to stop and realize the offensive year Tommy Pham is going to end up having. He'll be 1 of 3 players in the last 10 years to have .300/.400/.500 triple slash with 20/20/20 HRs, steals and doubles...

The other two are Trout and Altuve...

He's also 6th in fWAR...and he's got 100 less PA than everyone ahead of him except Anthony Rendon who has 76 more PA.

15 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

He can be for actually breaking news, but for speculative or forecasting he's out of touch with reality. Similar to Jim Bowden...

That's probably the best comparison.  Both make really off-base trade offers that don't make sense.