The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

18 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Maybe he'll get to AAA and can teach Walker a thing or two 🤣

My guess is he'll be in the FCL for a few weeks before bumped up to High-A.  Maybe a taste of AA at the end of the year.

• Like 1

What are the chances we make a move of any real significance in the next 5 days?

Also, its time they moved the Trade Deadline back, with the expanded WC too many teams still believe they are in it with 60 games to go

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

What are the chances we make a move of any real significance in the next 5 days?

Also, its time they moved the Trade Deadline back, with the expanded WC too many teams still believe they are in it with 60 games to go

I'd put it at 1%.  I think we're probably a small move or two, but nothing that drastically changes their outcome.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'd put it at 1%.  I think we're probably a small move or two, but nothing that drastically changes their outcome.

Probably true and such a shame. We could make noise if we brought in a couple solid pieces. 

Until further notice, Paul Goldschmidt is Matt Stafford.  Stat padding worthless SOB.  But hey, he was 2-5 with a home run, and got his 2,000th career hit.

Also Dylan Carlson should be working the overnight shift at McDonalds.  What a bum.  Speaking of which, I bet some of the homeless guys I pass on the way to work could hit .200 with no home runs.  Screw that guy.  

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

so nobody?   🤣

There's value on the roster.  If the Cardinals were willing to move Sonny Gray, he'd easily jump to atop the market in terms of trade value.  Willson Contreras definitely would have value if the Cardinals were willing to move him.  They probably won't fetch a ton by Kyle Gibson and Miles Mikolas probably have value as a deadline trade.

57 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's value on the roster.  If the Cardinals were willing to move Sonny Gray, he'd easily jump to atop the market in terms of trade value.  Willson Contreras definitely would have value if the Cardinals were willing to move him.  They probably won't fetch a ton by Kyle Gibson and Miles Mikolas probably have value as a deadline trade.

Arenado and Goldy I still think have value to contenders especially Nolan.