The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

31 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I dont think we can?

I thought it was because we’d own the tiebreaker over them with a win tonight. That puts us 7.5 up. They have 8 games left and we have 7. They could tie if they won all 7 and we lost all 8 but I believe we own the tiebreaker with a win of tonight or tomorrow night. Season series would be 10-9 with a split these next two games. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I thought it was because we’d own the tiebreaker over them with a win tonight. That puts us 7.5 up. They have 8 games left and we have 7. They could tie if they won all 7 and we lost all 8 but I believe we own the tiebreaker with a win of tonight or tomorrow night. Season series would be 10-9 with a split these next two games. 

Ah, maybe thats it, Im just going buy all the Magic Number trackers that say 3 games

13 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Mikolas - Quintana - Montgomery

Best shots at wins IMO. 

I really think it's going to depend on the draw. if we drew a team who struggles against lefties (i.e Brewers) I would 100% trot that 1-3 out. 

However, if we draw someone like the Phillies, who destroy LHP they might take a different approach. 

I heard interview yesterday with Adam Wainwright who basically laid out that his 'dead arm' is not a fatigue issue and it's a mechanical problem. He said he's been having issues with his leg drive and it's causing him not being able to get his velocity (when you shave 2 MPH off a 91 MPH fastball, it's a huge deal) and causing his arm to drag and not giving him the bite on his breaking pitches. He said his recent side session he threw they corrected this and he's confident now.

Reason I bring this up is Sunday's start for him is going to be very important. Even thought it's against the Pirates, we'll be able to tell if his stuff/command is back or not. If so and he has good outing, I still think he's pitching one of the 3 games. 

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?