GDT: Pittsburgh (9-2) at Cincinnati (5-6)

skywlker32

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

Concussion or contusion? Or are they the same thing? Any info you can give us would be helpful, I haven't heard much about it yet. Hope you're ok btw.

Contusion.  Different things.  It's a tough injury because everyones spine reacts differently.  Like Tommy Maddox, I missed a little over a week.  The issue isn't the short term issue and recovery, but rather the long term effects.  I get random pains in my lefts, have issues feeling my toes some days.  Mine was a bit worse as I had a broken transverse process along with it.  Being a lacrosse player my standard for movement is a little different (not much slower though, I ripped off a 4.40 back in my day) but the process from injury to the field is very similar.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Contusion.  Different things.  It's a tough injury because everyones spine reacts differently.  Like Tommy Maddox, I missed a little over a week.  The issue isn't the short term issue and recovery, but rather the long term effects.  I get random pains in my lefts, have issues feeling my toes some days.  Mine was a bit worse as I had a broken transverse process along with it.  Being a lacrosse player my standard for movement is a little different (not much slower though, I ripped off a 4.40 back in my day) but the process from injury to the field is very similar.

Off beat question but how long did you have no feeling in your extremities?

57 minutes ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

I really hope that the Steelers won't be on another Monday Night Game. I know they will but the announcers are a joke.

I've been begging for years that Gruden would take a coaching job so I wouldn't have to listen to him anymore.  I can't stand his constant slurp jobs of players and how every week its " this guy right here.  this guy is the best at what he does.  this guy is so great."  I mean i guess it makes sense that casual fans would like him because they only watch when their team is playing and he makes them feel good about a player on their team.  But i would be so happy to never hear the words "Gruden grinder" ever again.

Soooo.....

Anyone smarter than me who paid better attention have an opinion on Cam Sutton's first real action??

I don't remember him getting abused like I do vividly with Sensabaugh but I do remember the Bungals dropping some easy catches.

On 12/6/2017 at 1:26 AM, grubs10 said:

Soooo.....

Anyone smarter than me who paid better attention have an opinion on Cam Sutton's first real action??

I don't remember him getting abused like I do vividly with Sensabaugh but I do remember the Bungals dropping some easy catches.

Sutton played more press man coverage than I have seen from the Steelers in a long time.  Especially vs Green

54 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Sutton played more press man coverage than I have seen from the Steelers in a long time.  Especially vs Green

Fits his skillset, similar to Burns, similar to Haden.  Sensebaugh is the square peg in a round hole in that he can't man up all that well.

On 12/6/2017 at 1:26 AM, grubs10 said:

Soooo.....

Here's a good article about him.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-film-room-breakdown-analysis/2017/12/7/16744066/steelers-film-room-rookie-cb-cameron-sutton-is-already-making-an-impact-analysis-commentary-review

Archived