Cardinals sign LB Kyzir White (2 years, $11M)

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Reports have been we’re likely moving to a 4-3, so it’ll be White/Zaven/Simmons 

Was tongue in cheek, as they’re probably one of the worst duos of LBers in the league. 

If they wanted that trio then Arizona should’ve signed Edwards, now they’ve got two guys that can basically only play weak side.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

gannon isn't running the defense

As in he isn't calling plays? I have a hard time believing you just took our DC and LB coach, promoted them both, and all of a sudden they are going to run a completely different scheme than they both installed here lol. I haven't followed the Cards news closely at all though so anything is possible.

20 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Was tongue in cheek, as they’re probably one of the worst duos of LBers in the league. 

If they wanted that trio then Arizona should’ve signed Edwards, now they’ve got two guys that can basically only play weak side.

I actually think Zaven played pretty well last year. He definitely took a step in the right direction at least. Simmons is just so boom or bust so yeah he kinda sucks 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You will be playing mostly from nickel with a lot of 5-2 looks. Gannon doesn't play much base which is pretty common in the NFL nowadays of course.

That’s kind of what I’ve been anticipating. Gannon has talked a lot of scheme flexibility, which generally speaking when coaches say that they just mean we’re going to play nickel. I more just anticipate less nose tackle, more DTs and edges with their hand in the ground than 3 LBs on the field

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

He is a JAG which is how he is getting paid so it works out for the Cards. Decent pass defender but pretty poor in run defense. Definitely best in a defense where he can be the third LB and play on passing downs mostly.

Exactly why he’s no longer with us. Still would have liked him back as a Charger though.