2023 Lions Roster

Louis Friend

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Marcus Peters was released.  We keep talking about needing CB help and I think he could be a solid pick up down the stretch.  Feels like this was a release to let him find a winning team more than because he has been bad based on Karnage’s stats posted in the other thread. 

I like him. He'd either make us a lot better or worse and it's hard to see it being much worse. He doesn't tackle and he gambles a ton. He's been pretty average this season. I'm not sure why people think he's been "bad".

11 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Marcus Peters was released.  We keep talking about needing CB help and I think he could be a solid pick up down the stretch.  Feels like this was a release to let him find a winning team more than because he has been bad based on Karnage’s stats posted in the other thread. 

There were also comments about effort in at least two games. Peters is a splash play guy who's going to also come with a downside. It doesn't feel like a culture fit even though we could use the position but maybe not the player. 

Pierce benched cornerback Marcus Peters midway through the second quarter after the latest olé on a tackle attempt by the veteran. The two had a brief exchange on the sideline at halftime before Pierce walked away and Peters watched the second half by himself wearing a beanie.

Pierce wouldn’t go into detail on his decision, but there have been several instances this season when it looked like Peters gave minimal effort on some plays, dating back to costly plays in the losses against the Chicago Bears and Miami Dolphins.

Peters was almost cut earlier this season, according to team and league sources, and is not expected back when the team returns from its bye week.

https://theathletic.com/5091912/2023/11/26/raiders-loss-chiefs-marcus-peters-released/

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

There were also comments about effort in at least two games. Peters is a splash play guy who's going to also come with a downside. It doesn't feel like a culture fit even though we could use the position but maybe not the player. 

https://theathletic.com/5091912/2023/11/26/raiders-loss-chiefs-marcus-peters-released/

Valid concerns and most likely rules him out.  I am sure he would try harder on a contender but the rest of LV seems to be playing hard for AP so definitely concerning that Peters did not.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Valid concerns and most likely rules him out.  I am sure he would try harder on a contender but the rest of LV seems to be playing hard for AP so definitely concerning that Peters did not.  

I'm going to guess that a former defensive player knows when one of his own players is or isn't putting in effort. You don't get into a shouting match and then cut a guy on such a whim. 

It's unfortunate that is the case because we could certainly use a player of his skillset. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, General Tso said:

Looking at some FAs that signed this past year.. wish we were in on Clowney and Leonard Floyd, they both signed for cheap 1 year deals.

If the team continues to get better maybe they can latch onto a couple one year type guys down road who want to enjoy the culture. Weird to say .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What do you think we should do with Hendon Hooker when he reaches the end of is NFI window?  Apparently he is doing well in practice and is starting to take some reps running the scout team.  If they add him to the roster it means someone else will have to get pushed off the roster for the playoff run.  If they put him on IR he is basically on the shelf--they can't coach him or get him any practice reps.  Personally, I think he needs all of reps he can get at this point.  Shutting him down won't help him and wouldn't help us add an impact player.  I think they should add him to the active roster.  What do other folks think?

17 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

He’ll be on the roster and they’ll designate one of the guys to the practice squad we don’t use. Probably Stephen Gilmore and/or Antoine Green. 

I just read that Teddy Bridgewater is going to retire at the end of this season.  We definitely need to get Hendon Hooker all of the reps and coaching he can get this year.

Just saw a couple stats that make me smile. 

With a starting OL of Decker, Jackson, Ragnow, Glasgow, Sewell we average 38.4 pppg, 421.2 ypg, 179.4 rush ypg, and Goff has a 121.73 rating.  We need to focus on keeping that OL as healthy as possible going into the playoffs. 

Another is that Sewell is the highest rated tackle in all of football per PFF at a 91.3.  The next highest rated OT is Tyron Smith at an 84.0.  He is the highest rated run blocker at a 93.4 and the 10th highest graded pass protector at an 80.1.  Definitely a big reason our run game is so strong this year and he is on pace to sign the largest OT contract in NFL history when he is due for an extension after next year.  

Ragnow is the 2nd highest rated C in the league per PFF as well. 

• Like 2