2023 Lions Roster

Louis Friend

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

It’s amazing what adding multiple quality players at a position can do for your talent/depth. 

would have loved to have done that at IDL. 

I mentioned it before but it bears repeating:  Brad Holmes is becoming one of the better GMs in the league but there are only so many problems that can be fixed in a single off-season.  He upgraded our most glaring needs at RB, LB, and DB.  I get the feeling Broderic Martin is going to give us a significant boost at DT.  It would have been nice to get a long-term solution at PK but considering how many other problems we addressed, we are still a much better team.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

How do Lions fans like their roster going into the season? Where are you thin/need help? 

I’m not comfortable with IDL. Alim slimed down to play more 3T. Buggs has played well but when Lions re-signed him, they said they wanted to reduce his snap count and get more depth there. 3rd rd pick Brodric Martin has potential but Benito Jones and Levi Onwuzurike do not instill confidence in me. 

Lions upgraded the talent and depth at multiple positions, especially in the secondary. I just wish they would have done more to address our biggest need and our weakest position, IMO. 

I think this is the most talented team, top to bottom, in my life. Barring significant injuries, I see no reason why they shouldn’t compete to win the North for the first time ever. My gut tells me 11-6. But they’ll win a game or two they shouldn’t and lose a game or two they should win. 

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

I’m not comfortable with IDL. Alim slimed down to play more 3T. Buggs has played well but when Lions re-signed him, they said they wanted to reduce his snap count and get more depth there. 3rd rd pick Brodric Martin has potential but Benito Jones and Levi Onwuzurike do not instill confidence in me

I like what I've seen from Onwuzurike in the preseason, I'm just worried about his back.

• Like 2

This may be only semi-related to our current roster but I am really glad Brad Holmes had enough sense to not give TJ Hockenson the kind of contract he got from the Vikings.  He is a good TE but he shouldn't be paid like the best TE in the NFL.  That contract might hamstring the Vikings in the same manner as the Kirk Cousins contract.

• Like 3