Howie getting Greedy: Eagles sign CB Greedy Williams

EaglesPeteC

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I wonder if this is kinda like the Linval and Suh thing last season.

Slay was probably going to leave so they started talking to Greedy, Slay decided to work with them / wasn’t seeing the market he wanted  and Greedy said he was still into coming here.

Could also just be someone that howie liked in the draft process

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

And in the Slay thread and whatnot. 

I don't think he has learn a lot TBH. He is still overly attached to his favorite guys and still has a tendency to go power drunk and stab people in the back. He is pretty awesome in trades though. 

All I was going was warning him that trouble may be incoming. I've experienced it firsthand. Moving on now .. let's talk about Greedy & Howie

Howie has learned and "his guys" are all gonna be done soon enough so that'll stop in the next year or two. So we won't have to worry about that. 

Who has he stabbed in the back? Did I miss something? 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

18 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

All I was going was warning him that trouble may be incoming. I've experienced it firsthand. Moving on now .. let's talk about Greedy & Howie

Howie has learned and "his guys" are all gonna be done soon enough so that'll stop in the next year or two. So we won't have to worry about that. 

Who has he stabbed in the back? Did I miss something? 

Howie has always had a reputation of compartmentalizing (sp?) so he can come out on top, in this case Doug, tried to so with Chip and Tom Gamble. Who I agree, needed to be fired and at the time, so did Howie at the time. Thankfully he wasn't, and maybe, this time he has changed but it doesn't look to be the case. 

Remember the fist bumping "incident" with Tom Donahoe and everyone was kind of concerned because of the image of Howie at the time? He had such a reputation that coaches like Daboll actively stayed away from him, Payton advised Joe Brady not to work with Howie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Howie has always had a reputation of compartmentalizing (sp?) so he can come out on top, in this case Doug, tried to so with Chip and Tom Gamble. Who I agree, needed to be fired and at the time, so did Howie at the time. Thankfully he wasn't, and maybe, this time he has changed but it doesn't look to be the case. 

Remember the fist bumping "incident" with Tom Donahoe and everyone was kind of concerned because of the image of Howie at the time? He had such a reputation that coaches like Daboll actively stayed away from him, Payton advised Joe Brady not to work with Howie.

See this is the kind of stuff that gets no play with me lol. One moment caught on camera? People under Howie must not like him! Daboll stays in Buffalo? He didn’t like Howie! People directly advised coaches not to come to Philly cause of Howie!

It’s all just speculation and narrative. No one on this forum has a clue what happened and why people made certain decisions. Using these “stories” as a detractor for Howie just holds no wait for me. Results are all that matters and Howie has done pretty well in that department. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

See this is the kind of stuff that gets no play with me lol. One moment caught on camera? People under Howie must not like him! Daboll stays in Buffalo? He didn’t like Howie! People directly advised coaches not to come to Philly cause of Howie!

It’s all just speculation and narrative. No one on this forum has a clue what happened and why people made certain decisions. Using these “stories” as a detractor for Howie just holds no wait for me. Results are all that matters and Howie has done pretty well in that department. 

Well it is out there for a reason. I wouldn't defend it. 

12 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

where there's smoke there's fire

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

where there's smoke there's fire

I just don't care to speculate on that stuff. It literally holds no weight. Howie is far from perfect, but I am not going to let hit pieces from a media base like Philly's judge someone's character.

Funny how in 2020 every one was reporting about how horrible Howie was and then we make the playoffs 2 years in a row with a SB appearance and suddenly they all disappear? It's like drama sells or something.

17 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I just don't care to speculate on that stuff. It literally holds no weight. Howie is far from perfect, but I am not going to let hit pieces from a media base like Philly's judge someone's character.

Funny how in 2020 every one was reporting about how horrible Howie was and then we make the playoffs 2 years in a row with a SB appearance and suddenly they all disappear? It's like drama sells or something.

It's more the fact that no one dares to criticize players/coaches/staff when they're doing good, which is pretty much what goes on in here, but if you are a public no one would want to point out the flaws on the darling of the moment. 

Hell, there's still some question marks about Siriani as a choach. Would anyone say that at this moment? 

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

It's more the fact that no one dares to criticize players/coaches/staff when they're doing good, which is pretty much what goes on in here, but if you are a public no one would want to point out the flaws on the darling of the moment. 

Hell, there's still some question marks about Siriani as a choach. Would anyone say that at this moment? 

Everyone takes plenty of criticism when deserved. Gannon was regularly crapped on for his defense. Michael Clay was relentlessly crapped on for the first half of the season. My point is that the media is there to get clicks and make money. They are going to string up whatever narratives do that at the time. I am not going to put stock into that past what it is due.

This board criticizes coaches and the FO plenty. People have different opinions. Some more reasonable than others but we are here to discuss the difference in those opinions. As far as Sirianni goes there is questions about literally every single coach in the NFL outside of Andy Reid at this point. These people are human they aren't perfect. It is about having realistic expectations and taking the good with the bad. It would be ridiculous to focus on whatever qualms you have with Nick when the positives so clearly outweigh the negatives to this point. That is just realistic.

So you can focus on all the bad that Howie has done like you regularly do to try and act as some sort of "balance" in the forum if you feel so obliged. That said this forum isn't filled with Howie lovers like you apparently think is the case. There are just people who recognize that Howie has done a lot more good as of late than bad. That doesn't mean he is perfect and we agree with everything he does. It just means we like what he has done as of late. Sure in a few years if we start losing and sucking people might change their tune. That doesn't mean they are hypocrites. It means they are reasonable lol.

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Yeah I forgot about the first bump thing.

Not to take defend Howie cause he looks like he could be a prick on the low but so does Daboll. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Everyone takes plenty of criticism when deserved. Gannon was regularly crapped on for his defense. Michael Clay was relentlessly crapped on for the first half of the season. My point is that the media is there to get clicks and make money. They are going to string up whatever narratives do that at the time. I am not going to put stock into that past what it is due.

This board criticizes coaches and the FO plenty. People have different opinions. Some more reasonable than others but we are here to discuss the difference in those opinions. As far as Sirianni goes there is questions about literally every single coach in the NFL outside of Andy Reid at this point. These people are human they aren't perfect. It is about having realistic expectations and taking the good with the bad. It would be ridiculous to focus on whatever qualms you have with Nick when the positives so clearly outweigh the negatives to this point. That is just realistic.

So you can focus on all the bad that Howie has done like you regularly do to try and act as some sort of "balance" in the forum if you feel so obliged. That said this forum isn't filled with Howie lovers like you apparently think is the case. There are just people who recognize that Howie has done a lot more good as of late than bad. That doesn't mean he is perfect and we agree with everything he does. It just means we like what he has done as of late. Sure in a few years if we start losing and sucking people might change their tune. That doesn't mean they are hypocrites. It means they are reasonable lol.

It's not filled anymore, there's like 3 now if you include me. 

But I also see post that literally say "I never turned on Howie and never will". That is what sucks, and I've been saying all this time. We should always question and never have anyone be untouchable. Howie did a crap job from 2018-2020, we should have learned that from the past debacle. 

14 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I think this is good, helps us have depth and he can learn n replace slay or bradberry if either drops off. 

This def solidifies us going DL/OL in the 1st round

Yeah 100% in the belief we go D-Line this year again.

Just now, Danger said:

Yeah 100% in the belief we go D-Line this year again.

Is it ever going to be a finished product? 

We are worse that the Andy Reid days with OL. Or that stretch when we were what the Detroit Lions were to WR, but for us DT. We are going the Commanders route.

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

Is it ever going to be a finished product? 

We are worse that the Andy Reid days with OL. Or that stretch when we were what the Detroit Lions were to WR, but for us DT. We are going the Commanders route.

I dont' think it's necessarily going to be a DT, it very also could be and EDGE.

I could easily see us trading down 3-8 spots and taking any one of Myles Murphy, Lukas Van Ness, or Cajiah Kancey.

• Like 1