Falcons sign WR Mack Hollins (1y/2.5mil)

Trojan

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Good special teams guy but if he's starting for you at WR, that probably means your WR group is pretty terrible. Dude legit ran the wrong route like 50% of the time

Depends on what you consider starting i imagine he would be like #4 on our depth chart at WR.  London, Pitts, and i imagine whatever WR we take in the 1st 4 rounds is probably going to be the top 3.  We line Pitts up at WR 75% of the plays usually and with Jonnu Smith at TE now im quite sure it will stay that way.  Patterson we line up at WR as well at times.   If by starting you mean our #1 or 2 guy then highly unlikely.

48 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Depends on what you consider starting i imagine he would be like #4 on our depth chart at WR.  London, Pitts, and i imagine whatever WR we take in the 1st 4 rounds is probably going to be the top 3.  We line Pitts up at WR 75% of the plays usually and with Jonnu Smith at TE now im quite sure it will stay that way.  Patterson we line up at WR as well at times.   If by starting you mean our #1 or 2 guy then highly unlikely.

I'm interested to see how you guys use Pitts / Jonnu, that's one of the most versatile TE duos in the league. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'm interested to see how you guys use Pitts / Jonnu, that's one of the most versatile TE duos in the league. 

Me too honestly and if we keep Pruitt as well thats a great TE group.  I liked what i seen of Pruitt alot last year after Pitts went down.  He made quite a few really good plays for us and became a minor fan favorite by the end of the year. 

On 3/20/2023 at 10:48 PM, NYRaider said:

Good special teams guy but if he's starting for you at WR, that probably means your WR group is pretty terrible. Dude legit ran the wrong route like 50% of the time

Our WR Group is pretty terrible. Outside of Drake London, the other WRs in Atlanta are Josh Ali, Jared Bernhardt, Frank Darby and Ra'Shaun Henry. I'd be shocked if more than 1 of those guys is on the roster at the end of camp. And honestly, it's probably the biggest need area in Atlanta right now. 

That being said, Hollins is probably our 4th or 5th option in the passing game right now:

1) Pitts

2) London

3) Jonnu

4/5) Darby/Cordarrelle

On 3/21/2023 at 12:56 AM, NYRaider said:

Pitts will probably be used out wide, in the slot and in-line depending on the formation and the call. Just all over the place.

Jonnu more of an H-back when he's not being used in-line, but will see snaps in the slot, out wide and even at FB at times.

Falcons can run 12 personnel in a 5-WR set now, though. 

Mack Hollins - Cordarrelle Patterson - Jonnu Smith - Drake London - Kyle Pitts

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

Our WR Group is pretty terrible. Outside of Drake London, the other WRs in Atlanta are Josh Ali, Jared Bernhardt, Frank Darby and Ra'Shaun Henry. I'd be shocked if more than 1 of those guys is on the roster at the end of camp. And honestly, it's probably the biggest need area in Atlanta right now. 

He was supposed to be our WR 5/6 that mainly played special teams but injuries forced him into a starting role. He had his moments, particularly the Tennessee game, but he just looked lost at times too. IIRC they said he had some issues remembering plays, I don't think he really studied during TC because he never anticipated having to play.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was supposed to be our WR 5/6 that mainly played special teams but injuries forced him into a starting role. He had his moments, particularly the Tennessee game, but he just looked lost at times too. IIRC they said he had some issues remembering plays, I don't think he really studied during TC because he never anticipated having to play.

I think he's being brought in more to replace KhaDarel Hodge (our WR4 from last year and ST ace) than to replace Olamide Zaccheaus (our WR2 from last year)