Raiders sign WR Cam Sims

NYRaider

Holy crap! Game changing! Awe inspiring! A move of true genius! 

.........we now have 10 WRs and 3TEs. 

And only 2 had more than 350 yards last year. 

💰 moves! Genius. Can't wait for the whole season of Big Palooka giving us a gymnastics performance near daily to continue defending his papís from any and all criticism no matter what!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

💰 moves! Genius. Can't wait for the whole season of Big Palooka giving us a gymnastics performance near daily to continue defending his papís from any and all criticism no matter what!

work.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

You ain’t wrong.  I don’t understand how after all we’ve seen someone can be defending the HC+GM to any strong degree.  They both need to show that significant improvements have been made before the criticism and heat comes off them.

And Cam Sims has 0.0% chance of giving us anything close to 57 catches, 690 yds, 4 TDs.  Cam Sims will be lucky to make the team as a STer and a won’t get many snaps as a WR, so I don’t see how he’s a replacement for Hollins, who was a starting WR for us last year.

11 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

And Cam Sims has 0.0% chance of giving us anything close to 57 catches, 690 yds, 4 TDs.  Cam Sims will be lucky to make the team as a STer and a won’t get many snaps as a WR, so I don’t see how he’s a replacement for Hollins, who was a starting WR for us last year.

The only reason Mack Hollins played so much was because of injuries, we signed him as a depth piece / special teams ace. Hollins had more receptions last year then he did in his first 5 seasons combined. His previous career highs were 16 receptions for 226 yards. Sims is also a big bodied WR that thrives on special teams, his physical profile is basically identical to MHs. And in the one season Washington actually had to lean on him as a WR he did alright, so you know he can play if we need him too.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The only reason Mack Hollins played so much was because of injuries, we signed him as a depth piece / special teams ace. Hollins had more receptions last year then he did in his first 5 seasons combined. His previous career highs were 16 receptions for 226 yards. Sims is also a big bodied WR that thrives on special teams, his physical profile is basically identical to MHs. And in the one season Washington actually had to lean on him as a WR he did alright, so you know he can play if we need him too.

Yes they have similar builds but if you think we’re going to get anything remotely close to Hollins production last year from Sims then your being blissfully ignorant.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yes they have similar builds but if you think we’re going to get anything remotely close to Hollins production last year from Sims then your being blissfully ignorant.

I don't think Sims is going to play 94% of our offensive snaps like Hollins did last year.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think Sims is going to play 94% of our offensive snaps like Hollins did last year.

I don’t think he’ll play 6% of them.  Hence why I don’t see any reason other then size to call Sims “Hollins lite” or “Hollins 2.0”

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t think he’ll play 6% of them.  Hence why I don’t see any reason other then size to call Sims “Hollins lite” or “Hollins 2.0”

When we signed Hollins most thought he was a WR 5/6 and special teams guy. Injuries forced him into a bigger role, he had never had more than 226 receiving yards in a season before last year. Cam Sims has at least shown that he can produce if he has to play offensive snaps.

If we would've brought Hollins back, assuming our top 3 WR's stay healthy, he hardly would've played offensive snaps next season, IMO.

Edited by NYRaider

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

When we signed Hollins most thought he was a WR 5/6 and special teams guy. Injuries forced him into a bigger role, he had never had more than 226 receiving yards in a season before last year. Cam Sims has at least shown that he can produce if he has to play offensive snaps.

If we would've brought Hollins back, assuming our top 3 WR's stay healthy, he hardly would've played offensive snaps next season, IMO.

I agree Hollins role if brought back would have been reduced but that just proves my point about Sims.  He’s not as good of a WR (nor STer) than Hollins and there isn’t much of a role for Sims to begin with.

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I agree Hollins role if brought back would have been reduced but that just proves my point about Sims.  He’s not as good of a WR (nor STer) than Hollins and there isn’t much of a role for Sims to begin with.

Sims has played a bigger role and produced at a higher level than Hollins ever had prior to arriving here. 

Pre Raiders Hollins best season: 16 receptions (22 targets), 226 yards (14.1 ypc), 1 TD

Cam Sims best season: 32 receptions (48 targets), 477 yards (14.7 ypc), 1 TD

haha how come once Hollins leaves people now saying he is terrible . . . but in other threads were still expecting Carr to throw 5000 yards and 30 TDs with him as his #2 WR lol. 

We literally had 0 depth last year, expect at RB, now this season we trying to at least have depth at WR too. 

Wish we could field a D at this point, but looks like we are setting up to be very young on D. Hopefully hit on 1 or 2 players that stay for 5+ years to play with Maxx too. 

Sims shouldnt see the field much, and if he does, we are likely in trouble. Not much needs to be said about it IMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

haha how come once Hollins leaves people now saying he is terrible . . . but in other threads were still expecting Carr to throw 5000 yards and 30 TDs with him as his #2 WR lol. 

We literally had 0 depth last year, expect at RB, now this season we trying to at least have depth at WR too. 

Wish we could field a D at this point, but looks like we are setting up to be very young on D. Hopefully hit on 1 or 2 players that stay for 5+ years to play with Maxx too. 

Sims shouldnt see the field much, and if he does, we are likely in trouble. Not much needs to be said about it IMO

According to Jim, Hollins is a beast and barely replaceable, lol.