Fantasy Football General Discussion 2023

NYRaider

6 hours ago, adamq said:

So many people in fantasy will be disappointed by Bijan. I expect between him, Allgeier and Patterson the touches will be split in the 250/100/100 range. Bijan better score a bunch of TDs or he will not come close to producing up to his ADP

Last year the Falcons ran the ball 559 times and RBs had 72 catches.  Thats 181 more touches to running backs last year than you have allocated.  I can see the rush attempts being a 275/150/100 split and catches probably 30-40 to Bijan and the rest split amongst them.  That would be around 30-315 touches.  Figure he ends up with 8-10 TDs and he is a top 5 back.  A few more TDs or less can put him in elite category or in the 5-15 range.  

Side note, only 8 RBs had more than 250 rush attempts last year.  Given his skill set and the run heavy offense they have there in ATL, it wouldn't shock me to see him end up top 3 or even #1 but more likely will be in the 5-10 range.  

6 hours ago, adamq said:

Yeah I'm talking pure redraft right now. I just don't think Bijan will get the volume that people are projecting, Atlanta isn't going to feed him 25 times a game imo. Well know soon enough.

In dynasty, the couple teams I had with a 1.01 took ARich so I just don't have him anywhere. If I did I would try and pivot down to a CMC and get a pick on top of it

Who gets 25 touches a game anymore?

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not that high but you also dont have to draft him there. His ADP is around 20, im fine taking him around 12-15

On fantasy football calculator he never seems to get past 15th.

What site ADP are you using?

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I assume you mean PPR but no you dont have to. You absolutely could still take Kelce or Chase if you are that worried assuming JJ goes 1

Half PPR. Chase would be a pick.

i understand the value CMC has at ceiling. I’m just not loooking to take that risk round 1

13 minutes ago, AFF said:

Interesting…

I definitely have him higher than that…truthfully I’d start considering him at 1.5 or 1.6

I think that is too high for him but I can see it.  He has the opportunity and had production last year.  I still would likely take Bijan over him but am fine taking him over Barkley and Chubb.  I think at 1.5 or 1.6 there are too many WRs I like and Kelce to take him but if you really have that projection on him, then take him when you can.  I think it will shock at the draft but you may be right at the end of the year when he is a top 5 overall scorer.  But also are more likely mad you passed on a few others for him and he finishes in the 10-15 range.  

15 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think that is too high for him but I can see it.  He has the opportunity and had production last year.  I still would likely take Bijan over him but am fine taking him over Barkley and Chubb.  I think at 1.5 or 1.6 there are too many WRs I like and Kelce to take him but if you really have that projection on him, then take him when you can.  I think it will shock at the draft but you may be right at the end of the year when he is a top 5 overall scorer.  But also are more likely mad you passed on a few others for him and he finishes in the 10-15 range.  

Yea I can see it.

I’d be more inclined to agree with you had they resigned Zeke or signed Cook or Fournette.

Think was #8 RB last year with playing 50% of snaps(or 50% of RB touches)…I think if he even gets up up to 60-65% he could end up being top 3.

Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, AFF said:

Yea I can see it.

I’d be more inclined to agree with you had they resigned Zeke or signed Cook or Fournette.

Think was #8 RB last year with playing 50% of snaps(or 50% of RB touches)…I think if he even gets up up to 60-65% he could end up being top 3.

Time will tell.

I get it.  And I am pretty high on him as well but hard to do a projection like that.  I don't see him maintaining his 5.2 ypc, being the lead back but he can likely still be high 4s.  So say he is 4.8 and gets 260 carries, that's 1,248 yards.  He may bump from 39 to 50 catches but I will assume Deuce will get some catches too and the Cowboys only had 62 catches by RBs last year.  That would give him 475 receiving yards.  The TDs are a crapshoot and hard to project those since noone is consistent year to year in TD production.  Those numbers put him in line with Barkley last year which is the RB6 if the TDs are the same.  If he ends up getting all of the goal line work like Zeke and ends up with 20TDs, he will be top 3.  If he boosts his catching and/or ends up with 300 carries, then he could end up the top RB.  Its a crapshoot with their usage given he has never been a lead back and they have a new OC but it all depends on your thoughts of his usage on where you think he is valued and being in that range is not out of this world at all.  Rarely do the top RBs end up in order they were drafted so there is likely a couple RBs that will move into the top 5 and bump out the expected guys and I think Pollard is as good of an option as any to do it.     

9 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

10 Team PPR league and have to decide who to keep between Hill and Barkley?

Don't know my draft position yet. I feel like Hill is the safer play but Barkley has more upside potential. 

I'd probably take Hill. I typically do standard leagues and its very close...PPR has to lean Hill

• Like 1