Fantasy Football General Discussion 2023

NYRaider

29 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Good thought, so I just looked. First 3 picks last year were JT-CMC-Ekeler. 6 of the first 9 picks were RBs. I feel like last year WRs weren't going as high as they are projected this year.

Kelce went 11 and Andrews went 19

1 QB Round 3

2 QBs Round 4

That is what I was thinking.   now, most of the narrative on fantasy podcasts/shows (that I have listened to) have that shifting a good deal in favor of 2023 round 1 being WR heavy.   something like    JJ / Chase / CMC / Ekeler /  Hill / Kupp / Kelce /  Diggs /  Lamb /  Bijan /  Adams / ARSB / Barkley

that back 1/3 being more in flux.  

If you go WR/RB or RB/WR with your first 2 picks what is your preference of which ....
chase + (Pollard, Stevenson, Harris, ETN)   OR   CMC/Ekeler + (Wilson, Waddle, D Smith, Olave, Higgins)

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

That is what I was thinking.   now, most of the narrative on fantasy podcasts/shows (that I have listened to) have that shifting a good deal in favor of 2023 round 1 being WR heavy.   something like    JJ / Chase / CMC / Ekeler /  Hill / Kupp / Kelce /  Diggs /  Lamb /  Bijan /  Adams / ARSB / Barkley

that back 1/3 being more in flux.  

If you go WR/RB or RB/WR with your first 2 picks what is your preference of which ....
chase + (Pollard, Stevenson, Harris, ETN)   OR   CMC/Ekeler + (Wilson, Waddle, D Smith, Olave, Higgins)

Pollard in R2 would be a dream for me imo

How would you rank your top-3? I’m fine going WR or Kelce. I have Kupp and Chase very close at 2/3 

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Pollard in R2 would be a dream for me imo

How would you rank your top-3? I’m fine going WR or Kelce. I have Kupp and Chase very close at 2/3 

as of now, I have a hard time taking Chase at 2.  I know a lot of people are putting him there, but Higgins is hanging around vs what Kelce and Kupp have for competition.  

My redraft is not until the Tuesday after labor day, so a lot of time for things to change (Burrow health being 1 of them).  I am probably picking 6-8 (we get to select our slot based on last season finish...typically it goes 1->12 ,but occasionally some variance 

as of now... I would go JJ, CMC, Ekeler, Kupp, Hill/Kelce

that said, I think after JJ at 1, the next 4-5 I would be pretty fine with any of them.  And if anyone had Chase in the top 3, I am not sure I could argue much with it

Edited by squire12

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

as of now, I have a hard time taking Chase at 2.  I know a lot of people are putting him there, but Higgins is hanging around vs what Kelce and Kupp have for competition.  

My redraft is not until the Tuesday after labor day, so a lot of time for things to change (Burrow health being 1 of them).  I am probably picking 6-8 (we get to select our slot based on last season finish...typically it goes 1->12 ,but occasionally some variance 

as of now... I would go JJ, CMC, Ekeler, Kupp, Hill/Kelce

that said, I think after JJ at 1, the next 4-5 I would be pretty fine with any of them.  And if anyone had Chase in the top 3, I am not sure I could argue much with it

I think im ignoring RB at 3. Basically its JJ and then some order of Chase-Kupp-Kelce. Ekeler in a new offense and CMC just with everyone healthy right now and his own injury concerns I think id prefer the same other 3 that could be incredible in PPR

Would you guys trade 1.1 for 1.5 and Jaylen Waddle?

Keeper league…I have Hurts for a 2nd and Olave for a 12th….I don’t have a 4th or 7th.

10 team superflex….start 3 RBs/3WRs/1 TE…full ppr.

I know Mahomes and Allen will go before me…Burrow is a keeper.

My options at 1.5 are probably either Jackson at QB or Bijan/Pollard at 1.5…JJ/Chase/Hill/Kupp we’re all kept.

Thanks in advance.

@JaguarCrazy2832

@squire12

Edited by AFF

1 hour ago, AFF said:

Keeper league…I have Hurts for a 2nd and Olave for a 12th….I don’t have a 4th or 7th.

My options at 1.5 are probably either Jackson at QB or Bijan/Pollard at 1.5…JJ/Chase/Hill/Kupp we’re all kept.

Thanks in advance.

@JaguarCrazy2832

@squire12

I'm fine with you @ me but if you're gonna do that, the least you can do is answer mine or squires question too just saying

I assume everyone has to keep 2 players. 

Its really tough because its super flex, how are the QBs valued normally during the draft? You already have a Top-3 guy so you dont have to reach for 1.

Who are the Top-5 guys you think will be available? On the surface, I say do it. Waddle is a Top-12 WR easily so that is a major boost plus the guys you mentioned available at 5 are legit. Id be shocked if the 1.1 pick is SO MUCH better than the guys you mentioned at 5 plus Waddle

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:
1 hour ago, AFF said:

Thanks in advance.

@JaguarCrazy2832

@squire12

I'm fine with you @ me but if you're gonna do that, the least you can do is answer mine or squires question too just saying

Its really tough because its super flex, how are the QBs valued normally during the draft? You already have a Top-3 guy so you dont have to reach for 1.

Who are the Top-5 guys you think will be available? On the surface, I say do it. Waddle is a Top-12 WR easily so that is a major boost plus the guys you mentioned available at 5 are legit. Id be shocked if the 1.1 pick is SO MUCH better than the guys you mentioned at 5 plus Waddle

agree with Jaguar.  

if you have a good sense of what player will be there for picks 1-5, that makes the decision.  

it waddle + that difference and I would take the waddle + side of that.

26 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

For your 3rd overall question, it would depend on your starting lineup requirements…if you can start 3 WRs, I’d probably lean WR but Kupp maybe dinged a little bit, you might have to wait and see what goes on with him.

CMC at 3 would be fine though if 1-2 goes JJ/Chase.

Just now, AFF said:

For your 3rd overall question, it would depend on your starting lineup requirements…if you can start 3 WRs, I’d probably lean WR but Kupp maybe dinged a little bit, you might have to wait and see what goes on with him.

CMC at 3 would be fine though if 1-2 goes JJ/Chase.

2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX(not superflex)

7 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX(not superflex)

Then you can go either way…3 is a tough spot with Kupp dinged.

If you have to start a TE, I think Kelce is even fine at 3rd overall due to position scarcity.

My league I know picks 1-2 and will be Mahomes and Allen if I do the trade…I would assume since we have to start 3 RBs in that league, 3 and 4 will be some combo of CMC/Ekeler.

Thats why at 5 I’m looking at Jackson for QB…Bijan/pollard at RB

1 minute ago, AFF said:

Then you can go either way…3 is a tough spot with Kupp dinged.

If you have to start a TE, I think Kelce is even fine at 3rd overall due to position scarcity.

My league I know picks 1-2 and will be Mahomes and Allen if I do the trade…I would assume since we have to start 3 RBs in that league, 3 and 4 will be some combo of CMC/Ekeler.

Thats why at 5 I’m looking at Jackson for QB…Bijan/pollard at RB

Definitely do the trade. I think Waddle and Lamar are worth more than Mahomes pretty easily

20 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Definitely do the trade. I think Waddle and Lamar are worth more than Mahomes pretty easily

I’m leaning that way and plus it allows some cushion with me not having those 4th and 7th rounders.

Last year was our 1st year of doing superflex and they didn’t fly off the board…I think my leaguemates noticed how much the elite QBs can cover for the rest of the squad and their price will rise this year.

Edited by AFF

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

I’m leaning that way and plus it allows some cushion with me not having those 4th and 7th rounders.

Last year was our 1st year of doing superflex and they didn’t fly off the board…I think my leaguemates noticed how much the elite QBs can cover for the rest of the squad and their price will rise this year.

Yea the fact you dont have those picks, I would lean even moreso to doing the trade. Round 4 is still definitely a starter and the trade allows you to get another starter. 

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

agree with Jaguar.  

if you have a good sense of what player will be there for picks 1-5, that makes the decision.  

it waddle + that difference and I would take the waddle + side of that.

Thanks for the help.

22 hours ago, AFF said:

Thanks in advance.

@JaguarCrazy2832

@squire12

I would easily do that.  Also does Waddle have keeper value in the future?  Even with the guys kept, you are looking at CMC or Bijan/Pollard plus Waddle.  I think that second outscores the first easily and with having Hurts and Olave, is a very strong team allowing you to go QB or RB in the third.