Fantasy Football General Discussion 2023

NYRaider

Need some input with my home league. Below are the potential keepers. Team 5 and 10 are the only two who am I not sure on. Team 5 two top players are Waddle and Aaron Jones. Team 10 Has Henry and Tyreek Hill. Scoring settings: .5 per completion, 1 point ppr, .5 per carry, every 10 yards rec/rush is a point, ALL tds are 6 points.

1. (Garrett Wilson)
2.(Saquon Barkley)
3.(Jonathan Taylor)
4.(Justin Jefferson)
5.(Jaylen Waddle)
6.(Nick Chubb)
7.(Cooper Kupp)
8.(Davante Adams)
9.(Christian Mccaffery)
10.(Derrick Henry)
11 (Austin Ekeler)
12.(Ja'Marr Chase)

I think the top 11 picks in the draft go something like this: *Assuming Josh Jacobs returns before the season starts*

Bijan Robinson
Tyreek Hill
CeeDee Lamb
Tony Pollard
Josh Jacobs
Stefon Diggs
Rhamondre Stevenson
Travis Kelce
AJ Brown
Amon-Ra St.Brown
Najee Harris

Now my draft plan/method gets easier if I can move from pick 12 to pick 6 but lets assume I can not. Who would you guys look at: Mark Andrews, Keenan Allen, Chris Olave, Breece Hall(assuming the Jets don't add a RB), Jahmyr Gibbs(I don't particularly like this idea but he's gonna get work right?), Joe Mixon. I don't want to pick a QB either. Thoughts? Any other player(s) I should have on the list at 12/13?

My dream scenario at 12/13 is that the owner who has Waddle opts for Aaron Jones and Waddle drops to 12 for me.

Sorry for the long rant but its been eating at me that I really dislike staying at 12/13. Side note pick 12/13 are really picks 24/25 when you factor in a round for keepers. 

21 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Need some input with my home league. Below are the potential keepers. Team 5 and 10 are the only two who am I not sure on. Team 5 two top players are Waddle and Aaron Jones. Team 10 Has Henry and Tyreek Hill. Scoring settings: .5 per completion, 1 point ppr, .5 per carry, every 10 yards rec/rush is a point, ALL tds are 6 points.

1. (Garrett Wilson)
2.(Saquon Barkley)
3.(Jonathan Taylor)
4.(Justin Jefferson)
5.(Jaylen Waddle)
6.(Nick Chubb)
7.(Cooper Kupp)
8.(Davante Adams)
9.(Christian Mccaffery)
10.(Derrick Henry)
11 (Austin Ekeler)
12.(Ja'Marr Chase)

I think the top 11 picks in the draft go something like this: *Assuming Josh Jacobs returns before the season starts*

Bijan Robinson
Tyreek Hill
CeeDee Lamb
Tony Pollard
Josh Jacobs
Stefon Diggs
Rhamondre Stevenson
Travis Kelce
AJ Brown
Amon-Ra St.Brown
Najee Harris

Now my draft plan/method gets easier if I can move from pick 12 to pick 6 but lets assume I can not. Who would you guys look at: Mark Andrews, Keenan Allen, Chris Olave, Breece Hall(assuming the Jets don't add a RB), Jahmyr Gibbs(I don't particularly like this idea but he's gonna get work right?), Joe Mixon. I don't want to pick a QB either. Thoughts? Any other player(s) I should have on the list at 12/13?

My dream scenario at 12/13 is that the owner who has Waddle opts for Aaron Jones and Waddle drops to 12 for me.

Sorry for the long rant but its been eating at me that I really dislike staying at 12/13. Side note pick 12/13 are really picks 24/25 when you factor in a round for keepers. 

This format to me really favors RBs. You look at a guy like Aaron Jones v Jaylen Waddle. Jones, SHOULD outpace Waddle in yards(or at least around 50-100 yards difference), the TDs probably are close enough and the 2.2:1 ratio in carries to rec plus the fact Jones will catch passes but Waddle wont get carries, makes me think RB should be strongly considered at 12

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

This format to me really favors RBs. You look at a guy like Aaron Jones v Jaylen Waddle. Jones, SHOULD outpace Waddle in yards(or at least around 50-100 yards difference), the TDs probably are close enough and the 2.2:1 ratio in carries to rec plus the fact Jones will catch passes but Waddle wont get carries, makes me think RB should be strongly considered at 12

Yes, it always has. Before workhorse RBs became a thing of the past, if you didn't have one guy who got 25+ touches you were basically done in our league. 

20 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know I don't want to double up on RBs at 12/13. I just feel like everytime I go RB/RB, my teams end up just being bad.

I actually wouldn't mind Najee at 12 if he made it. 

48 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Problem is how many QBs are being kept? If everyone is keeping at least 1, do you even get a decent one?

Makes since would have to see the list of available players and draft position to many missing variables. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

1. (Garrett Wilson)
2.(Saquon Barkley)
3.(Jonathan Taylor)
4.(Justin Jefferson)
5.(Jaylen Waddle)
6.(Nick Chubb)
7.(Cooper Kupp)
8.(Davante Adams)
9.(Christian Mccaffery)
10.(Derrick Henry)
11 (Austin Ekeler)
12.(Ja'Marr Chase)

Bijan Robinson
Tyreek Hill
CeeDee Lamb
Tony Pollard
Josh Jacobs
Stefon Diggs
Rhamondre Stevenson
Travis Kelce
AJ Brown
Amon-Ra St.Brown
Najee Harris

The league format is odd because it sort of just improves QBs value and makes the rest like a non-ppr league, with a slight bump to the top couple RBs who get 270+ carries.  But there won't be any of those RBs left when you pick unless you get Bijan.  If Waddle is there I would likely take him but also may consider going RB/RB depending on which keeper is yours.  If Breece Hall is back practicing he may be too hard to pass up too given the strength of RBs but I'd be concerned that he has a year like Dobbins had last year.  

I think this is a format that Gibbs is strongly in the running and maybe Ettiene. Gibbs should take over Swift's catches plus some and will likely see 150+ carries.  Last year Detroit ran the ball 380 times and Williams got a lot of them because Swift didn't have the vision or strength.  I am seeing a much more even split this year between Gibbs and Montgomery, with Gibbs likely being the leader, at least by mid season. 

Ettiene started slow last year, as did the whole team, and he doesn't have much competition there.  He had some stinkers early and a couple late but I think he has a much better and more consistent year this year. 

I do like Olave too but you are counting on growth in a new system with a new QB and that always makes me nervous that high.  Carr did have a solid year with Adams and Renfrow the year before that but you have to hope that Olave and Carr have similar chemistry.  I think I would feel better about going after DeVonta Smith than Olave given that if you want a WR here. 

Aaron Jones should be in the mix too.  With Love there I expect more running and if there is potential to keep him over Waddle, then it means he should have that value here.

The last option I would pay attention to prior to your draft is Kenneth Walker.  I know people are concerned about Charbonnet, and maybe rightfully so, but last year until Penny got hurt, he got 71% of the snaps.  And Walker was a better prospect than Charbonnet was this year.  I think if Walker is healthy and productive like he was last year, he will be in a similar or better split.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Why are rankings so low on Aaron Jones? Is it primarily Dillon scaring them away?

So i feel like he is undervalued too. GB should creep back towards average in pace of play and i would assume GB leans on the running game/defense a good amount. Dillon is a hard runner but i dont think he’s THAT good but a value where he is going too