Fantasy Football General Discussion 2023

NYRaider

14 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

What's the best landing spot for Dalvin Cook? What's his best outcome for the season. I would think the 14-20 range for RB is best case scenario. Am I being too harsh or too optomistic?

I think you are being to harsh. He had a system change last year, and still put up a top 10 campaign. No reason why he can’t do it again. 

Best landing spots Bills/Cowboys/Eagles

3 hours ago, Lionized said:

I think you are being to harsh. He had a system change last year, and still put up a top 10 campaign. No reason why he can’t do it again. 

Best landing spots Bills/Cowboys/Eagles

I don't think he fits the Bills personally. I'd be surprised.

As the owner of Pollard also, I hope it's not Dallas lol

On 6/9/2023 at 10:04 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Just determined I am picking #2 in my 0.5 PPR league. I'm pretty bummed as I love picking in the last 3rd personally.

Who do you think I should target? I think it's a given CMC is going #1 so do I go for the Taylor/Ekler or do I go for Jefferson?

Is this a keeper/dynasty or redraft?  And how many teams in the league? 

I am not sure my answer changes much either way, but I definitely don't go Ekeler if its a keeper of any sort.  In that situation I would take Jefferson and Chase over Eckler and probably CMC.  In a redraft, CMC is one and probably Jefferson 2.   Ekeler would be close though I wouldn't blame you for it but also RBs don't often repeat seasons like he just had.  I would be somewhat tempted with Taylor/Bijan/Barkley if its a 12+ team league given the RBs in the 2nd/3rd aren't as safe as the WRs in that area (Waddle, Brown, ARSB, Wilson, Olave) but I still think I would feel better about having Jefferson and then Najee Harris/Etienne/Mixon/Jones then trusting JT or Ekeler.  

• Like 2

On 6/8/2023 at 3:49 PM, Trentwannabe said:

What's the best landing spot for Dalvin Cook? What's his best outcome for the season. I would think the 14-20 range for RB is best case scenario. Am I being too harsh or too optomistic?

Miami's the best landing spot, IMO. He's the perfect back for MM's system and they're going to have an elite offense again, how do you stop Cook/Waddle/Hill? He has been RB 11, 16, 2, and 6 over the past four seasons. He'll be an RB1 again this year, IMO.

On 6/9/2023 at 9:04 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Just determined I am picking #2 in my 0.5 PPR league. I'm pretty bummed as I love picking in the last 3rd personally.

Who do you think I should target? I think it's a given CMC is going #1 so do I go for the Taylor/Ekler or do I go for Jefferson?

I'd go Jefferson. JT scares me this year with Richardson in the mix.

• Like 3

Id take Jefferson. I think the upside is still there with not near the risk of JT/Ekeler

• Like 2

Jefferson or Ekeler IMO

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 5:02 PM, AFF said:

Jefferson or Ekeler IMO

I'd concur.  #4 is where it gets interesting for me, depending on format, though in PPR formats (especially straight PPR and not .5PPR), I'd be genuinely considering Chase and, surprisingly to some, Kupp there.

It's weird this season, particularly at the top, league format sees a lot of fluctuation as to who exists (and where) in my Top 2 tiers of RB's and WR's , and that's also factoring in risk-assessment (where in straight redraft leagues, I'm much more risk-averse in R1 and even R2, just because I know a championship team can't afford an out-and-out R1 bust - i.e. a R1 player who performs like a R4 or worse player... since unless the injury is season-ending, consistently-elite talent fantasy players still manage to finish inside the Top-20 positionally on the season even when missing a few weeks for injury).

18 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I'd concur.  #4 is where it gets interesting for me, depending on format, though in PPR formats (especially straight PPR and not .5PPR), I'd be genuinely considering Chase and, surprisingly to some, Kupp there.

It's weird this season, particularly at the top, league format sees a lot of fluctuation as to who exists (and where) in my Top 2 tiers of RB's and WR's , and that's also factoring in risk-assessment (where in straight redraft leagues, I'm much more risk-averse in R1 and even R2, just because I know a championship team can't afford an out-and-out R1 bust - i.e. a R1 player who performs like a R4 or worse player... since unless the injury is season-ending, consistently-elite talent fantasy players still manage to finish inside the Top-20 positionally on the season even when missing a few weeks for injury).

In any format that gives points for receptions, my top 6 is CMC, JJ, Chase, Ekeler, Kelce, Kupp.  I would probably then have Bijan, Taylor, Barkley, Hill in the next tier. 

I think if Chase stays healthy all year, he will be the WR1 this year.  

56 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

In any format that gives points for receptions, my top 6 is CMC, JJ, Chase, Ekeler, Kelce, Kupp.  I would probably then have Bijan, Taylor, Barkley, Hill in the next tier. 

I think if Chase stays healthy all year, he will be the WR1 this year.  

Probably, yeah.  In standard leagues, especially some of the ones I play in that skew heavy value on TD's, I've got Chubb above basically any RB that isn't CMC, and Josh Jacobs as well (McD was nothing if not consistent in his RB utilization from year-to-year in all his previous stops).  And in that same format, I've got Tyreke up right behind Kupp and Chase, though he's option C for me purely because I also like Waddle, and being able to stack one of my top 3 WR's with my QB, and a Waddle/Tua stack requires much less draft premium investment than a Chase/Burrow stack and definitely than a Diggs/Allen stack - though in mocks (largely dependent on starting spot) I've done of late, I come away quite a bit with a Herbert/Keenan Allen stack, since I'm scuppering my punt QB till late strat this year, because there's too much parity between the Top 6-7 fantasy QB's and the also-rans.

On 6/29/2023 at 5:15 PM, Dr LBC said:

Yea I’d probably have Chase at 5 and Kelce at 6…Kupp probably 7th off the top of my head and then probably Hill at 8 even though I could flip flop at Kupp/Hill depending on my mood.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Jdlefebvre2 said:

Keeper question - 1 keeper PPR league   

I’m keeping either Tony Pollard or A’mon-Ra St. Brown.  I believe Pollard will cost me a 6th round pick and St. Brown a 5th but may be other way around. 

thoughts? 

On it's face, I'd keep Pollard because he has the ceiling of a Top 4 fantasy back in a PPR format, whereas St. Brown has low-tier WR1 value - particularly with Jameson Williams set to ride that gambling suspension, but also because ARSB is pretty clearly Goff's Kupp-du-jour in Detroit... and Goff loves his safety blankets.

That said, I'd at least take a gander at your league opponents and project who you would expect each to keep, which would give you an idea as to who all might be available, and who might get pushed down the board as a result, in those early rounds due to who is kept.

@Dr LBC @Forge @Lionized

Got a keeper question

10 team full ppr…superflex…start 2 QB/3 RB/ 3 WR/ 1 TE

Can keep 2 people…kind went all in last year and traded some picks and Pollard(ouch) for Hurts who ended up getting hurt and killing championship hopes

I also don’t have a 4th or a 7th.

Heres my keeper options…

-Hurts for a 2nd

-Kelce for a 3rd

-Geno Smith for a 10th

-Chris Olave for a 12th

I can keep people for multiple years til thy reach a 1st round vslue(it’s goes up by double the next year say 12—>6th—-> 3rd

FWIW I don’t know my draft slot yet.

Thanks in advance

Edited by AFF