Fantasy Football General Discussion 2023

NYRaider

18 hours ago, Lionized said:

I understand that I still don’t see it. 

QBs with the ability to rush like him have such a higher floor than a typical QB.. look at Field's, absolute smash in fantasy even though he is a pretty pathetic passer thus far. ARich landed in the best possible spot to succeed.

Bijan on the other hand is a RB and their value fluctuates WILDLY year to year. His value is at the peak right now where ARich could soar to top 5 qb value

• Like 2

On 3/27/2023 at 11:02 AM, NYRaider said:

I have the 1.07 in a 12 team dynasty super flex. Thinking of going TLaw

Best of luck…TLaw is going to cost you at minimum one more 1st rounder, and likely more in SuperFlex. I’d honestly not trade him unless I was getting another top QB in return. 

But by all means…start with your 1st and see what happens. 

This is just a brutal draft class. Brutal. You have the two stud RBs, but after that? Three QBs with draft capital…but all pretty flawed. They should still go top 5 because the class is so weak. WR is just awful. JSN coming off injury and now very likely the #3 guy at least for a season. Just not a believer in Johnston. I’m not convinced he is better than what they have. Addison’s draft capital is meh…and he has value but will never be a WR1 with Jefferson there. Flowers just went where young WRs go to die. Lots of solid TE prospects, but almost all of them won’t pan out (per history) and it’s going to be about impossible to determine which could be really good 3-4 years from now. 

I’d want nothing to do with a pick after 1.06. 

Robinson, Gibbs, Young, Stroud, Richardson…then a tier break the size of the Grand Canyon. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

This is just a brutal draft class. Brutal. You have the two stud RBs, but after that? Three QBs with draft capital…but all pretty flawed. They should still go top 5 because the class is so weak. WR is just awful. JSN coming off injury and now very likely the #3 guy at least for a season. Just not a believer in Johnston. I’m not convinced he is better than what they have. Addison’s draft capital is meh…and he has value but will never be a WR1 with Jefferson there. Flowers just went where young WRs go to die. Lots of solid TE prospects, but almost all of them won’t pan out (per history) and it’s going to be about impossible to determine which could be really good 3-4 years from now. 

I’d want nothing to do with a pick after 1.06. 

Robinson, Gibbs, Young, Stroud, Richardson…then a tier break the size of the Grand Canyon. 

I think you have the top 2 and then a huge drop off to the QBs, JSN and Addison in the next tier.  The QBs have huge bust potential too (See Lance, Wilson, Mac Jones, Daniel Jones, Haskins, Baker, Darnold, Rosen etc) and JSN was the best WR on OSU in 2021 when Olave and Wilson were there.  He could thrive again with nickel CBs on him and even if the volume isn't there, has a lower bust potential than the QBs IMO.  Addison I was not high on for the draft but in MN taking over Theilin's balls could give him top 20-25WR status year 1.  

After that group I think the drop off is steep. I liked Zay a lot but hate WRs in Baltimore with Lamar especially with them adding Odell as well.  A lot of the RBs I liked ended up in situations that don't have signs of early success so will be a crap shoot in finding the next Pacheco/Pierce out of the group. 

48 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think you have the top 2 and then a huge drop off to the QBs, JSN and Addison in the next tier.  The QBs have huge bust potential too (See Lance, Wilson, Mac Jones, Daniel Jones, Haskins, Baker, Darnold, Rosen etc) and JSN was the best WR on OSU in 2021 when Olave and Wilson were there.  He could thrive again with nickel CBs on him and even if the volume isn't there, has a lower bust potential than the QBs IMO.  Addison I was not high on for the draft but in MN taking over Theilin's balls could give him top 20-25WR status year 1.  

After that group I think the drop off is steep. I liked Zay a lot but hate WRs in Baltimore with Lamar especially with them adding Odell as well.  A lot of the RBs I liked ended up in situations that don't have signs of early success so will be a crap shoot in finding the next Pacheco/Pierce out of the group. 

I have the #2 in Dirty Dozen…and it’s an incredibly easy choice. It’s Gibbs in a landslide, assuming Bijan goes #1. I honestly think that the gap between 1.01 and 1.02 is smaller than the gap between 1.02 and 1.03. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

From what I'm seeing in superflex, there is almost no difference between the 1.10 and the 3.1, even in 12 team.. Jaylen Reed at 3.1 to me is in the same tier as a Kincaid or whoever your rb3/wr5 are 

Imo if you aren't in that top 8-9 range, try moving back or even punting that 1st to 24.  Might be able to get a random 24 1st plus (anything) and get more value than picking at your 1.11

Here's an example of a draft that just finished yesterday. Granted it is a 1.75 TEP, so they do get pushed up 

1.10 Mayer

Charbonnet 

Kincaid

Achane 

Roschon 

Musgrave

LaPorta

Spears 

Miller

Rice

Mingo

Downs

Bigsby

3.1 Schoonmaker

3 2 Mims

3 3 Hyatt

3.4 Vaughn 

3.5 Reed

Edited by adamq

37 minutes ago, adamq said:

From what I'm seeing in superflex, there is almost no difference between the 1.10 and the 3.1, even in 12 team.. Jaylen Reed at 3.1 to me is in the same tier as a Kincaid or whoever your rb3/wr5 are 

Imo if you aren't in that top 8-9 range, try moving back or even punting that 1st to 24.  Might be able to get a random 24 1st plus (anything) and get more value than picking at your 1.11

Here's an example of a draft that just finished yesterday. Granted it is a 1.75 TEP, so they do get pushed up 

1.10 Mayer

Charbonnet 

Kincaid

Achane 

Roschon 

Musgrave

LaPorta

Spears 

Miller

Rice

Mingo

Downs

Bigsby

3.1 Schoonmaker

3 2 Mims

3 3 Hyatt

3.4 Vaughn 

3.5 Reed

Just ewwww

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

After finally completing my review, I’m going to be in the minority but I like Gibbs more than Bijan. It’s not surprising when I hear that is who the Lions preferred. Bijan is really solid but he’s not a unique player. I think that Gibbs has more unique qualities and traits…more dynamic, better receiver, and better OL. Similar draft capital so that is a non-factor. 

It’s tough to not take Bijan at 1.01 because everyone says he’s the God-tier RB, but I’m going against the grain here. 

Yeah they will both thrive in their respective offenses. Even if Bijian isnt god-tier which he has shown in college and playing in the sec he has everything to be just that. He will still get massive volume in Atlanta with Arthur Smith which is great fantasy production in itself. Atlanta also invested in their offensive line again this year, and will more than likely do the same next. 

Gibbs is just a HR hitter and with the amount of catches he should see out of the backfield and with that ol should put him in the Ekeler/Kamara conversation. 

Edited by Lionized

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Which 2 would you all keep out of these options? The round it costs to keep them will be in parentheses next to their name

JK Dobbins (3rd)
Deshaun Watson (12th)
Christian Kirk (9th)
Rashod Bateman (10th)

Easily Watson and Kirk.  The others are probably higher than their draft round. I like Dobbins a lot but not enough to spend a 3rd on him. Bateman is a pure lotto ticket that I wouldn't touch until the late rounds. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 10:40 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

Easily Watson and Kirk.  The others are probably higher than their draft round. I like Dobbins a lot but not enough to spend a 3rd on him. Bateman is a pure lotto ticket that I wouldn't touch until the late rounds. 

100%