Fantasy Football General Discussion 2023

NYRaider

13 minutes ago, AFF said:

@Dr LBC @Forge @Lionized

Got a keeper question

10 team full ppr…superflex…start 2 QB/3 RB/ 3 WR/ 1 TE

Can keep 2 people…kind went all in last year and traded some picks and Pollard(ouch) for Hurts who ended up getting hurt and killing championship hopes

I also don’t have a 4th or a 7th.

Heres my keeper options…

-Hurts for a 2nd

-Kelce for a 3rd

-Geno Smith for a 10th

-Chris Olave for a 12th

I can keep people for multiple years til thy reach a 1st round vslue(it’s goes up by double the next year say 12—>6th—-> 3rd

FWIW I don’t know my draft slot yet.

Thanks in advance

I really like Olave and Kelce at your draft rounds. 

25 minutes ago, Lionized said:

I really like Olave and Kelce at your draft rounds. 

Even over Hurts?

I know using an early round pick on a keeper is not the best but it being superflex I was leaning towards him being of 1 of my 2 keepers.

16 minutes ago, AFF said:

Even over Hurts?

I know using an early round pick on a keeper is not the best but it being superflex I was leaning towards him being of 1 of my 2 keepers.

Depending on your draft position you get pick him in the first round. There are still plenty of QBs to get in the first that would replace him. Kelce is a league winning TE that would go in the first two rounds. Olave is unbelievable value in the 12th. 

1 hour ago, AFF said:

@Dr LBC @Forge @Lionized

Got a keeper question

10 team full ppr…superflex…start 2 QB/3 RB/ 3 WR/ 1 TE

Can keep 2 people…kind went all in last year and traded some picks and Pollard(ouch) for Hurts who ended up getting hurt and killing championship hopes

I also don’t have a 4th or a 7th.

Heres my keeper options…

-Hurts for a 2nd

-Kelce for a 3rd

-Geno Smith for a 10th

-Chris Olave for a 12th

I can keep people for multiple years til thy reach a 1st round vslue(it’s goes up by double the next year say 12—>6th—-> 3rd

FWIW I don’t know my draft slot yet.

Thanks in advance

Comes down to hurts, kelce and olave.

I'd go kelce and Olave 

Edited by squire12

On 7/14/2023 at 7:41 PM, AFF said:

Thanks for the input.

I'd rather take hurts and olave, then just take kelce in the first if you still want him that badly. Kelce is more likely to drop to whatever 1st you have than hurts, imo

9 hours ago, adamq said:

I'd rather take hurts and olave, then just take kelce in the first if you still want him that badly. Kelce is more likely to drop to whatever 1st you have than hurts, imo

After seeing this was a 2QB league, I agree.   I'd actually consider keeping Hurts and Kelce and then take someone else in the 1st. 

For me the easy keeper is Hurts. Hurts for a 2nd round pick is already value, I feel like he would be going in the first in a 2 QB league. Then i would probably go with Olave for a 12th round pick. I agree with the poster saying that you could probably get Kelce with your 1st round pick if you really want him.

12 hours ago, adamq said:

Thank you.

I don’t know what draft slot I’m looking at yet.

Im kinda locked in on Hurts for 2nd and Olave for a 12 but maybe that changed after I find out my draft slot.

On 6/13/2023 at 11:07 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

Is this a keeper/dynasty or redraft?  And how many teams in the league? 

I am not sure my answer changes much either way, but I definitely don't go Ekeler if its a keeper of any sort.  In that situation I would take Jefferson and Chase over Eckler and probably CMC.  In a redraft, CMC is one and probably Jefferson 2.   Ekeler would be close though I wouldn't blame you for it but also RBs don't often repeat seasons like he just had.  I would be somewhat tempted with Taylor/Bijan/Barkley if its a 12+ team league given the RBs in the 2nd/3rd aren't as safe as the WRs in that area (Waddle, Brown, ARSB, Wilson, Olave) but I still think I would feel better about having Jefferson and then Najee Harris/Etienne/Mixon/Jones then trusting JT or Ekeler.  

On 6/18/2023 at 10:47 PM, NYRaider said:

I'd go Jefferson. JT scares me this year with Richardson in the mix.

On 6/19/2023 at 7:26 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Id take Jefferson. I think the upside is still there with not near the risk of JT/Ekeler

On 6/22/2023 at 6:02 PM, AFF said:

Jefferson or Ekeler IMO

Thanks gents. I'm all but certain I'll go JJ at #2. Throws a wrench into my usual strategy of going RB with my first two picks.

On 7/25/2023 at 5:54 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

When are you drafting Mark Andrews?

He is currently a mid 4th round pick and given his 2nd round pick price tag im curious if you’re buying the dip. New OC knows a thing or 2 about great TE and yea there are more weapons but you would think they will pass at least a little more

I don’t mind anyone in the second/third tier of TE.  I’m not sold enough on Andrew’s to spend much on him depending on who else is available.  Kelce is a clear advantage.  The next tier are similar (Hock, Andrew’s, Kittle, Pitts, Walker, Goedert) are similar IMO and none are a clear advantage over the rest to spend much.  I actually like the later TEs even like Kmet, Higbee, Friermouth, Oknokwo, etc enough where if I don’t get Kelce, I will wait until rd 8/9 and grab one of them. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don’t mind anyone in the second/third tier of TE.  I’m not sold enough on Andrew’s to spend much on him depending on who else is available.  Kelce is a clear advantage.  The next tier are similar (Hock, Andrew’s, Kittle, Pitts, Walker, Goedert) are similar IMO and none are a clear advantage over the rest to spend much.  I actually like the later TEs even like Kmet, Higbee, Friermouth, Oknokwo, etc enough where if I don’t get Kelce, I will wait until rd 8/9 and grab one of them. 

So my problem is im not overly enamored with the late 3rd/early 4th options in non-ppr so I’m considering pulling the trigger on Andrews because he feels like he has legit upside at that cost and should score 8+ TDs and 950 yards if healthy 

On 7/14/2023 at 11:19 AM, Lionized said:

Depending on your draft position you get pick him in the first round. There are still plenty of QBs to get in the first that would replace him. Kelce is a league winning TE that would go in the first two rounds. Olave is unbelievable value in the 12th. 

Gotta keep Hurts in Superflex, I’d almost keep Gino too.

in superflex startups QBs are 15 or the first 24 picks.

Edited by fattlipp