2018 Mock 1st w/ Trades

IrishHooligan00

45 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

For a browns team that needs these type of playmakers it would be in there best option to go get the #1 RB and #1 QB at the top of the draft especially with all the draft baragaining chips they have

The Browns absolutely need playmakers however I don't think it's worth giving up 2 1st rounders a 2nd and 2 3rds to move up and have Barkley

45 minutes ago, The OUTLAW said:

The Browns absolutely need playmakers however I don't think it's worth giving up 2 1st rounders a 2nd and 2 3rds to move up and have Barkley

And that thinking is exactly why the browns have not been successful, too worried about how many picks they can have rather then worrying about getting real talent, Especially a once a decade player like Barkley. 

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

And that thinking is exactly why the browns have not been successful, too worried about how many picks they can have rather then worrying about getting real talent, Especially a once a decade player like Barkley. 

I just don't think that Barkley is worth the bounty of picks that you are claiming.  He's talented but he's also shown to not actually be the difference maker on the field that everyone thought.  His play lately has been pretty moribund.  That said, I don't actually work for the Browns so I have no say about them acquiring picks or trading them.  All I know is that that's a ridiculous trade for a RB even a talented one.  

Just now, The OUTLAW said:

I just don't think that Barkley is worth the bounty of picks that you are claiming.  He's talented but he's also shown to not actually be the difference maker on the field that everyone thought.  His play lately has been pretty moribund.  That said, I don't actually work for the Browns so I have no say about them acquiring picks or trading them.  All I know is that that's a ridiculous trade for a RB even a talented one.  

He's had a **** O-Line, a playcaller who thankfully is gone who didnt even try to run real running plays only options and a QB who made the wrong read 4 out of 5 times. When you set up your RB to fail and they still have 1,000+ Yards and 16 TDs plus another 600 Recieving and 3 TDS and 36 yards and TD passing. plus 426 yards and 2 TD's KR. He was def the difference maker in a lot of games this year in a variety of ways. Worst game was ohio state in the 2nd half and that wasn't his fault at all, stupid *** joe moorehead. 

CLE has not had a 1000 yard rusher since 2009 or 2010. How do you help a rookie QB, RUN RUN RUN. and have a very exceptional TE as a safety blanket. Saquon changes the whole dynamic of this offense and makes teams attack the run which will open up the passing for whichever QB is there next year Kizer, Rosen, or Darnold. 

12 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

He's had a **** O-Line, a playcaller who thankfully is gone who didnt even try to run real running plays only options and a QB who made the wrong read 4 out of 5 times. When you set up your RB to fail and they still have 1,000+ Yards and 16 TDs plus another 600 Recieving and 3 TDS and 36 yards and TD passing. plus 426 yards and 2 TD's KR. He was def the difference maker in a lot of games this year in a variety of ways. Worst game was ohio state in the 2nd half and that wasn't his fault at all, stupid *** joe moorehead. 

CLE has not had a 1000 yard rusher since 2009 or 2010. How do you help a rookie QB, RUN RUN RUN. and have a very exceptional TE as a safety blanket. Saquon changes the whole dynamic of this offense and makes teams attack the run which will open up the passing for whichever QB is there next year Kizer, Rosen, or Darnold. 

I don't doubt that he's talented but again I would not give up 2 1st a 2nd and 2 3rds to get him. 

Oh, and I don't want Courtland Sutton in Cleveland. Not in round 1 especially.

He reminds me of Dwayne Jarrett from USC. Not slow, but stiff. Doesn't separate well underneath and has no suddenness to his game whatsoever. In a straight line he can run past you, but NFL corners shouldn't have issues with that. Red zone weapon, but not much else.

Just now, IrishHooligan00 said:

Tech your only giving up 1 first as your switching picks a 1 for 1. and overall its not a bad trade to get someone who can change the franchise around. 

Oh, I understand that we are giving up a 1st, 2nd and 2 thirds to move from 7-2 but that doesn't change my mind regarding whether this trade makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I have it like that as i see plenty of teams trying to trade up for a QB.

If lots of teams are trying to trade up for a QB that would mean that Barkley would slide.  Again, no reason to move up and trade all those assets. 

14 minutes ago, The OUTLAW said:

If lots of teams are trying to trade up for a QB that would mean that Barkley would slide.  Again, no reason to move up and trade all those assets. 

Thats the thing you don't know whos trading up for what. I feel people will try and trade up for a QB but whose not so say back to back trades happen and they loose the QB they want before there pick. 

5 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Thats the thing you don't know whos trading up for what. I feel people will try and trade up for a QB but whose not so say back to back trades happen and they loose the QB they want before there pick. 

That's the reason they will take their preferred QB #1 overall. If they want to trade up for Barkley, fine. I love the idea of trading up and getting the QB and RB combo at #1 and #2. I don't think it will cost that much, nor do I pull the trigger if it does.

Personally, I don't think we see a RB going #1 overall. Barkley is special but I just don't think we see it happen when QB is the bigger need. Browns will probably end up getting Barkley with the Texans pick anyway. No need to trade picks away when Barkley will fall into their laps. Rosen and Barkley is a nice haul for them. Colts/Niners only team I can see pulling the trigger but even they got bigger needs. Good Bucs pick though.

Archived