GM Draft Only Mock- Discussion Thread: Start Trading!!!!!! Draft Starts Monday 4/3

EaglesPeteC

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What are we gonna do with the Browns @EaglesPeteC, @cortes02 seems to have gone MIA.

If someone takes them over, this is their first selection, so not a bad spot to step into.

We're giving him until the end of the day or until a certain pick hits, whichever comes first. 

44 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You guys have too many high picks for a team that was just in the SB.

It’s amazing how many picks Howie got out of that Carson Wentz trade. He just kept flipping that pick over and over 

edit: I guess it was for that and having the 6 pick the year they traded him.

flipped from 12 for an extra 1st

got 3 firsts the next year and flipped 1 into the 10th pick plus an extra 2nd next year. 

• Like 2

The Steelers through the first 3 rounds

1.14 - Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
2.46 - Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M
2.49 - Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
3.80 - Xavier Hutchinson, WR, Iowa State

Very happy with this, they have a lot of holes on defense so getting three versatile players will help fill multiple roles with less picks. Witherspoon has inside/outside versatility, Johnson can play safety or play in the nickel, and Sanders will primarily play ILB but can also be a rotational piece as a pass rusher. So having these young guys develop in multiple roles gives us flexibility now but also flexibility in the future as well as we continue to address needs and we see where these players are best. Then the Steelers have really bad depth at WR so again adding a versatile piece who can play inside or outside is going to be really helpful for the offense.

The Saints through the first 3 rounds

1.29 - Bryan Bresee, INT, Clemson
2.40 - Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
2.60 - B.J. Ojulari, EDGE, LSU

The Saints have a lot of holes so I was happy to get 3 players who I have first round grades on. The defensive line is in really rough shape after losing multiple players in free agency. EDGE is really deep in this draft which led me to go Bresee over any of the pass rushers. Again in the 2nd round I decided to pass on EDGE due to depth and grabbed Gibbs, who is a threat in the passing game as well as rushing. He and Jamaal Williams will be a really nice duo. This also allowed me to trade Alvin Kamara away, and I was able to use one of the picks I got in that trade to jump up a little and grab Ojulari, who should be a great fit on this DL and gets to stay close to home.

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 2