2023 Draft Thread

Acgott

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Zay is very much a Daboll/Schoen WR. He fits what they are looking for. I think ultimately, I'd probably be relatively surprised if he ends up being the pick. I don't think he is going to be the best player available at 25.

I think you're right. I'd be much happier to take a corner at that spot, or a game-changing DT like Mazi Smith. 

Did a fun mock draft in the PFN simulator where I traded back far with the Jaguars, picked up their 2nd and 3rd round picks next year, and still came away with Calijah Kancey, Jahmyr Gibbs, Tyrique Stevenson, Luke Wypler, Sam Laporta, Parker Washington, and Dorian Williams, plus a few later round guys I like like Malik Cunningham and Karl Brooks.

If the Giants want one of these WRs they are talking to, they are going to have to trade up for him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Did a fun mock draft in the PFN simulator where I traded back far with the Jaguars, picked up their 2nd and 3rd round picks next year, and still came away with Calijah Kancey, Jahmyr Gibbs, Tyrique Stevenson, Luke Wypler, Sam Laporta, Parker Washington, and Dorian Williams, plus a few later round guys I like like Malik Cunningham and Karl Brooks.

If the Giants want one of these WRs they are talking to, they are going to have to trade up for him.

You traded 1.25 for 2.56 and a future 2 and 3?

It be interesting to see if one falls. If the Giants still has their 3rd, I would think it would be more likely to trade up. Now we are only in position to jump a few spots using our 4th or 5th and that be more difficult. I don’t think we trade our 3rd.

11 minutes ago, Acgott said:

You traded 1.25 for 2.56 and a future 2 and 3?

It be interesting to see if one falls. If the Giants still has their 3rd, I would think it would be more likely to trade up. Now we are only in position to jump a few spots using our 4th or 5th and that be more difficult. I don’t think we trade our 3rd.

I traded down from 25 to 56, picking up an additional 3rd this year (plus some other things this year) and a 2nd and 3rd next year.

I actually forgot about Zay Flowers. If the Giants really want him at 25, he will most likely be there.

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I traded down from 25 to 56, picking up an additional 3rd this year (plus some other things this year) and a 2nd and 3rd next year.

I actually forgot about Zay Flowers. If the Giants really want him at 25, he will most likely be there.

Knowing nothing about the prospects, why would Kancey be a good pick? Seems a little small for a 3-4 DE. I’m sure it’s great value, but  I hate going RB that early. We have such terrible depth at so many positions, I feel the pick would be better used elsewhere.

11 hours ago, Acgott said:

Knowing nothing about the prospects, why would Kancey be a good pick? Seems a little small for a 3-4 DE. I’m sure it’s great value, but  I hate going RB that early. We have such terrible depth at so many positions, I feel the pick would be better used elsewhere.

At the spots I got them, both are insanely good value. Kancey is not Aaron Donald, as much as some people would like him to be, but he's got real pass rushing prowess from the interior. He's like a better BJ Hill. Gibbs is the clear 2nd best RB in a draft loaded at RB. He's Alvin Kamara. Saquon is only playing on the tag this year with no long term deal on the table. He's immediately a scat/spell back and KR/PR for us, with the potential to take over for Saquon as the starter next year if we don't get him on a long term deal. He's very much the type of back Buffalo and Brandon Beane love that Daboll was working with prior to coming here- shifty, fast, quick, and great in the passing game. In that simulation, he was 20 spots better than any other player available. The value was too good to pass up, especially when RB could easily become a big need next year. Could I have gotten Tyjae Spears in the 4th/5th instead? Yeah, probably. But I love the value I got at other need positions in those draft positions in Sam Laporta (a top 100 player in the 4th) and Parker Washington (in a mixed bag WR group, Washington is a guy some evaluators I respect really love and see as being a 10 year starter type player).

Come hell or high water, there is almost zero doubt we are drafting a WR in Rd1. Its just a matter of who. Me personally the guys i like the most at that position in this particular order would be 1- Jordan Addison, 2- Quintin Johnson, 3- Zay Flowers. I think we will come away with 1 of them. I just am wondering if Joe Schoen is willing to trade up. 

3 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Come hell or high water, there is almost zero doubt we are drafting a WR in Rd1. Its just a matter of who. Me personally the guys i like the most at that position in this particular order would be 1- Jordan Addison, 2- Quintin Johnson, 3- Zay Flowers. I think we will come away with 1 of them. I just am wondering if Joe Schoen is willing to trade up. 

You like Flowers more than JSN?

For me, it goes JSN, then Addison, then Johnston as the 1st round guys, then Flowers as an early 2nd round guy. It'd be a slight reach to take Flowers at 25, but I wouldn't complain too much.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

You like Flowers more than JSN?

For me, it goes JSN, then Addison, then Johnston as the 1st round guys, then Flowers as an early 2nd round guy. It'd be a slight reach to take Flowers at 25, but I wouldn't complain too much.

Nah i like JSN more than Flowers, but I think its almost set in stone he lands in the top 10-12. I could see Tennessee grabbing him. I should've wrote my top 3 after JSN. 

• Like 1