2023 Draft Thread

Acgott

14 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Second time I've seen the Giants and Hendon linked. Where there's smoke, there's fire. The problem is I think there is a chance he is gone even before we pick at 25, so I don't think it means too much. I really think there is a decent chance the Vikings take him in the first.

If he falls to the 2nd maybe you package a deal to move up and grab him in case DJ doesn't work out you can slide Hooker into the starting role in 2 seasons. Problem is though he'd be 27-28 when he takes over the reigns. Before the DJ deal was inked I understood the Giants interest in him considering he's a bit older and more NFL ready to slide into a starting role. But with DJ locked up for at least 2 more years I don't understand the logic behind the interest. 

I personally wouldn't want to burn a 2nd on him. If for whatever reason he falls to the third, then I would consider and he's a quality back-up / potential bridge starter if we need to move on from DJ. But based on his age, he's just not going to be a franchise QB. 

1 hour ago, GMENNATION said:

I personally wouldn't want to burn a 2nd on him. If for whatever reason he falls to the third, then I would consider and he's a quality back-up / potential bridge starter if we need to move on from DJ. But based on his age, he's just not going to be a franchise QB. 

Not that I want Hooker, but he can play 10 years or more to 35. It’s not unusual. He can definitely be a franchise QB.

On 4/18/2023 at 1:37 PM, Acgott said:

Not that I want Hooker, but he can play 10 years or more to 35. It’s not unusual. He can definitely be a franchise QB.

Sure, but realistically speaking he's 2 years away from starting so we wouldn't know he was a franchise QB until a sample size after that. He'd be like 28, 29 years old. 

6 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

Sure, but realistically speaking he's 2 years away from starting so we wouldn't know he was a franchise QB until a sample size after that. He'd be like 28, 29 years old. 

He’s ranked 40 on the consensus big board, so teams think he will start within the first two years. That doesn’t mean much as we saw how the quarterbacks dropped last year. If he’s picked in the third round or later, then yes, teams wouldn’t consider him a franchise QB. There aren’t many starting QBs that didn’t become the starter within their first two years except Jordan Love.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Hodgins, Slayton, Robinson, Shepard, Campbell, Flowers would be a really strong WR group. Top to bottom, that's a lot of depth (which is good for when half of those guys get injured).

That last name alone just rubs me the wrong way. Sorry guy cant deal with another guy named Flowers on this team LOL ... Im of the mindset if its WR im wanting Johnston or Addison. 

• Like 1

The picture is becoming a little bit more clear, thanks to some reliable insiders. I think both JSN and Flowers will absolutely, 100% be gone by pick 25. If Addison is there at 25 and the Giants stay put, I'm not sure they take him. Duggan is probably right that we don't go WR in round 1. I think Art is right that we could very well be looking at DL there. I think Breer and King are 100% wrong that we go with a TE in round 1. I'd bet a lot of money we do not take a tight end in round 1.

If Banks, Porter Jr, or Branch are available at pick 25, the pick is easy.

Dan Duggan also made the point that the Ravens have traded back from pick 22/23 to 25 3 out of the last 5 years. They own 22 this year. Getting to 22 would give us a shot at Banks, Porter Jr, or Branch. Something to think about.

32 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I think Breer and King are 100% wrong that we go with a TE in round 1. I'd bet a lot of money we do not take a tight end in round 1.

I agree, but someone is feeding them the information, Giants looking for someone to trade up with them?

Trades:
Texans trade 2 to Vikings for 23, 2024 1st + more
Seahawks trade 5 to Eagles for 10 and 30
Falcons trade 8 to Texans for 12 and 65
Patriots trade 14 to Seahawks for 30 and 37
Ravens trade 22 and 123 to Giants for 25 and 89
Steelers trade 18 to Texans for 23 and 73

1. Panthers- Bryce Young
2. TRADE Vikings- Will Levis
3. Cardinals- Will Anderson
4. Colts- CJ Stroud
5. TRADE Eagles- Jalen Carter
6. Lions- Devon Witherspoon
7. Raiders- Paris Johnson Jr
8. TRADE Texans- Tyree Wilson
9. Chicago- Darnell Wright
10. Seahawks- Nolan Smith
11. Titans- Anthony Richardson
12. Falcons- Christian Gonzalez
13. Jets- Peter Skoronski
14. TRADE Seahawks- Jaxon Smith-Njigba
15. Packers- Zay Flowers
16. Commanders- Deonte Banks
17. TRADE Texans- Hendon Hooker
18. Lions- Bijan Robinson
19. Buccaneers- Lukas Van Ness
20. Seahawks- John Michael-Schmitz
21. Chargers- Michael Mayer
22. TRADE Giants- Joey Porter Jr
23. Steelers- Broderick Jones
24. Jaguars- Brian Branch
25. Ravens- Jordan Addison
26. Cowboys- Bryan Bresee
27. Bills- Myles Murphy
28. Bengals- Emmanuel Forbes
29. Saints- Keion White
30. Patriots- Quentin Johnston
31. Chiefs- Adetomiwa Adebawore

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

I agree, but someone is feeding them the information, Giants looking for someone to trade up with them?

There is the rumor that the Cowboys may want a TE to replace Schultz, and Mayer would be that guy. Maybe they are hoping the Cowboys jump them for him?

54 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Texans trade 2 to Vikings for 23, 2024 1st + more
Seahawks trade 5 to Eagles for 10 and 30
Falcons trade 8 to Texans for 12 and 65
Patriots trade 14 to Seahawks for 30 and 37
Ravens trade 22 and 123 to Giants for 25 and 89
Steelers trade 18 to Texans for 23 and 73

Of course I love the Giants pick, but I have a hard time seeing the Texans nor the Vikings doing that.