2023 Draft Thread

Acgott

18 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Hoping there is some wheeling and dealing done and they make a move to nab Mingo. Then one of the Centers falls to us in the 3rd round. 

Mingo should be there waiting for us at 57. There are a lot of good WR prospects left, but it is very much pick your flavor. They all offer different things. I'd be fine with Mingo in the second.

I see a lot of people mentioning Marvin Mims and I would not be a fan. I don't see it with him. He benefitted a lot from just running through busted coverages. No moves after the catch, not great speed.

I think my wishlist for day 2 looks like this (broken into tiers):

Tier 1; the upper tier talents that could have been taken in the first that probably won't be available at 57-

Brian Branch, Michael Mayer, O'Cyrus Torrence, Joey Porter Jr, BJ Ojulari, Ade Adebawore, Keion White, Drew Sanders

Tier 2; more realistic options that I'd really like at 57 who either fill a need or are great players or both-

Steve Avila, Keeanu Benton, Jonathan Mingo, Joe Tippman, John Michael-Schmitz, Cody Mauch, Cedric Tillman, Darnell Washington, Derick Hall, Sydney Brown, Quan Martin, Byron Young, Isaiah Foskey, Tank Dell, Tyler Scott, Yaya Diaby, Kelee Ringo

Then there are the guys who are realistic options who I explicitly do not want the Giants to draft, not even in the 3rd round-

Trenton Simpson, DJ Turner, Marvin Mims, Riley Moss, Josh Downs, Nick Herbig, Rashee Rice

Edited by minutemancl

JMS is a grade A choice for me 
Definitely a 10 year man100% so loving

This pick

And Jalin Hyatt with Proper coaching is going to develop into someone we can all get behind , im going to give him time to reach that level he has the potential to become but I know where definitely gonna flashes through out this season.

GMen Got the players they wanted to draft on the top but did they sacrifice too much ? Or did they sacrifice just enough giving up there round 4 ? 

I guess we will all see...

But for me ill give them an overall A grade for day 2 of the draft.

1 hour ago, GTURBULENTBLUE said:

JMS is a grade A choice for me 
Definitely a 10 year man100% so loving

This pick

And Jalin Hyatt with Proper coaching is going to develop into someone we can all get behind , im going to give him time to reach that level he has the potential to become but I know where definitely gonna flashes through out this season.

GMen Got the players they wanted to draft on the top but did they sacrifice too much ? Or did they sacrifice just enough giving up there round 4 ? 

I guess we will all see...

But for me ill give them an overall A grade for day 2 of the draft.

I second that. This has been by far one of the best if not THE best 3 rd draft ive seen our guys have in a very long time. They drafted starters. And very highly promising ones at that. Banks is gonna be a day 1 starter, JMS is already penciled in at the center position and Hyatt i feel will be a starter on this team. We hit a homerun with each pick. To get guys who are extremely high value at positions of need is a win win for us. 

Edited by Giants4eva

7 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

I think today with our final picks, let’s go with some defensive prospects at LB, maybe along the line. Hopefully we get another safety prospect as well. Depth is the key today. 

RB, QB, pass rusher, DB is what I would think.