Week Whatever This Is GDT (Chargers)

FGK

On 11/29/2017 at 9:07 PM, Dogbite said:

Last week shattered my optimism. I no longer see this as a winnable game and I think we will win 1 game at best. I really believe we had more than decent chance to beat Cincinnati. After watching the first half I was deflated. We were completely and thoroughly out coached. It had absolutely nothing to do with a team having far superior talent or anything else. We were out coach ever step of the way. I do not believe this staff has what it takes to produce winning football. We might even out play the Chargers but I will fulling expect the coaching to do something to cost us the game. I can also see an easy blow out for the Chargers as the Browns have had a terrible pattern of completely bombing the season down the stretch and making other QBs look great. Rivers is already very good so he could very well have a legendary type game again the Browns.

Look, I am pretty hard on Hue, but I don't put that loss on coaching. Coaching didn't cause our kicker to miss another field goal. Coaching didn't cause Corey Coleman to drop a for sure touchdown pass. Coaching didn't cause the official to throw a crap flag for a hit on a "defenseless player" that went from being a forced 4th down to a backbreaking first down. Coaching didn't cause an official to call a phantom pass interference in the endzone on McCourty when he does the same thing that every good corner does and doesn't get called. Coaching didn't cause Kizer, who was on fire at the time, to have to go to the damn locker room to be evaluated for a concussion. The possession where Cody Kessler was in killed us. Coaching didn't cause Ogbah, our best run defender to be lost for the season, or Collins, our most versatile defensive player to be lost for the season, or Joe Thomas, a top 5 player in team history to be lost for the season.  

Maybe our franchise is cursed? Hell, our coach stood up for our player on the penalty being called, and our damn sports writers had a field day with it. Grossi again tried to provoke an argument that by the rule its a penalty and that he implied its bad coaching when Hue said he isn't going to tell a guy to not make that play again. Andre Knott is on the Red Zone saying that Joe Haden was a top 3 corner back...in the league...before his injury this year with Pittsburgh. 

My point is, as much as Hue pisses me off with some of his decisions, some of his mannerisms, some of the things he says, he is running an offense with a rookie QB that had the same issues in college, with a set of receivers that wouldn't be on most teams. Coleman was injured all but a few games so you can't really include him. Hue decided to start Kizer, but it wasn't Hue's call to let McCown go, or to cut Brock, who was a bum anyways. 

A second year QB can make more than one play in 20 seconds to end the half. A second year QB we likely have a timeout still left because we don't have to use one earlier in the half due to not getting the play call in time. We have played some good games that end up having the final score appear like a blowout. 

This team has far more talent than 0-11. Say all you want and make all the excuses that you want, but that is flat out on the coaching. You don't bad luck your way into 0-11. Last year was understandable and even last year we had enough talent to win 3-4 games.

24 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

This team has far more talent than 0-11. Say all you want and make all the excuses that you want, but that is flat out on the coaching. You don't bad luck your way into 0-11. Last year was understandable and even last year we had enough talent to win 3-4 games.

All bark, no bite

Just now, Dogbite said:

Got ya. I thought you were countering me saying they clearly have more talent than 0-11.

Nope, We've lost to lesser talented yet tougher teams. We have a lot of talent, we have zero toughness/mental toughness, which a reflection of coaching. Not only that, we got punked by lesser teams in the Jets and the Colts and toyed with by the Lions. That is my issue, Hue is a good coach but coaching does beyond drawing up x's and o's,

12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Nope, We've lost to lesser talented yet tougher teams. We have a lot of talent, we have zero toughness/mental toughness, which a reflection of coaching. Not only that, we got punked by lesser teams in the Jets and the Colts and toyed with by the Lions. That is my issue, Hue is a good coach but coaching does beyond drawing up x's and o's,

...and the x's and o's ain't even all that good.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I totally thought you were referring to @Dogbite.

I had my popcorn ready and everything.

You do realize everyone on this site or internet for this matter would be "All bark, no bite" right? If anyone did take action on anything they would be in some serious serious legal trouble. I highly doubt anyone takes their sports that seriously. For that reason alone I knew he was not talking about me. I did think he was referring to the talent on the team though.

2 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

You do realize everyone on this site or internet for this matter would be "All bark, no bite" right? If anyone did take action on anything they would be in some serious serious legal trouble. I highly doubt anyone takes their sports that seriously. For that reason alone I knew he was not talking about me. I did think he was referring to the talent on the team though.

Damn, I had I no idea.... Thanks.

And no you're about the only guy I have a problem with. It was mentioned in another post not that long ago by another poster that you talked out of both sides of your mouth and you argue any point just to argue. I agree fully with that poster. I thought for sure when I got the notification that you were just trying to stir something up with me again.

Archived