Group Mock Pick 26.

DaBoys

Cowboys OTC  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Cowboys select here?

• #5 Bijan Robinson
    • #23 Dalton Kincaid
    • #24 Brian Bresee
    • #27 Jahmyr Gibbs
    • #28 Calijah Kancey
    • #30 Deonte Banks
    • #31 Cam Smith
    • #32 Anton Harrison
    • #34 Will McDonald
    • #35 Darnell Washington
    • #36 Emmanuel Forbes
    • #37 Drew Sanders
    • #38 Dawand Jones
    • #39 Luke Musgrave
    • #40 BJ Ojulari
    • #41 Jalin Hyatt
    • #42 Josh Downs
    • #43 Trenton Simpson
    • #44 Keion White
    • Other: #46 John Michael-Schmitz, #47 Mazi Smith, #50 Cody Mauch, #53 Steve Avila, #60 Siaki Ika,

6 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

Out of curiosity, do you think we could have gotten a first round pick out of Zeke if we had traded him at that point?

Yeah, Im with DaBoys on this. We would have been lucky to nail a second rounder. Outside of receivers, quarterbacks and pass rushers, the return value on trading quality players is surprisingly low. The last big whopper outside of those positions was probably Jamaal Adams (correct me if I am wrong) and despite him being quite an impactful defender, he hasn't exactly brought Seattle anything except a huge cap hit. That is a very good example of why teams do not typically give up high value picks for positions not hitting the QB, catching from the QB, or being the QB.

Edited by Dallas94Ware
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I personally do not want the Cowboys to go WR with their first pick.  I would rather the Boys take one of the DT's or OG's.  IMO, we need to beef up the Lines.  Now if Bijan would fall to 26, it would be very tempting to take him.  However, I do not want them to trade up to get him.  They need a solid 1-4 rd selections: DL/OL are priorities with CB, LB as depth picks.

12 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

how far of a trade down are we talking here

I don't see anything that far. They will want early 2nd round while maybe picking up an additional 3rd or so. That said it will depend who is still on the board. I don't see them trading out and giving up the 5th year option unless it is a truly decent deal. 

The way these boards fall every year, I suspect someone unexpected will still be around at #26. Really hoping for a CeeDee kind of year. 

Edited by ACO