Moretti's Easter Mock - Final 2023 Mock

moretti19

Happy Easter to everyone! This will be my final mock of 2023!

61506137dbe9e2a23dab9616ff6bce01--easter

I am going to assume that OBJ signs with the Jets this week and shortly after Rogers is traded to them for a swap of 1st round picks and their 2nd rounder. An additional pick for next year.

RODGERS-FEATURE.jpg?w=956&h=538

NFL Draft:

• Round 1, pick 13 Jets
Texas Tech image Tyree Wilson, DE, Texas Tech
Height: 6-6. Weight: 271. Arm: 35.63. Hand: 9.63.
Projected 40 Time: 4.90.
Projected Round (2023): Top-20.

View Ranking History

3/25/23: Wilson recorded 61 tackles, one forced fumble and seven sacks in 2022. He has good size with some functional speed and length. A foot injury on Nov. 12 caused him to miss the remainder of the season. Some team sources are very high on Wilson because of his size, length and upside. Some scouts have compared Wilson to Carlos Dunlap in terms of his skill set and potential.

1244786247.jpg

• Round 2, Jets
 Ole Miss image Jonathan Mingo, WR, Ole Miss
Height: 6-2. Weight: 220. Arm: 32.13. Hand: 10.38.
Official 40 Time: 4.46.
Projected Round (2023): 2-3.

View Ranking History

4/8/23: In 2022, Mingo recorded 51 catches for 861 yards and five touchdowns. He was a solid and dangerous receiver for the Rebels. Some team sources like him as a potential starting X receiver in the NFL, but other team sources think Mingo lacks the speed to separate from pro corners. Mingo earned an invitation to the Senior Bowl, and he had a good week of practice in Mobile, with team sources saying he impressed them.

091821_Ole_Miss_Football_Tulane_002034.J

• Round 2 
Georgia image Darnell Washington*, TE, Georgia
Height: 6-7. Weight: 264. Arm: 34.38. Hand: 11.
Official 40 Time: 4.64.

View Ranking History

4/8/23: In 2022, Washington recorded 28 receptions for 454 yards and two touchdowns. He blocked really well and would have been a starter with a much bigger role and production if he had played at another school where he was not stuck behind Brock Bowers. Washington had an excellent workout at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine, running a fast 40 and putting on a good showing in the field work.

LOXP6TTHCGBFITOY2PZAHZDKMU.JPG

• Round 3, pick 15 (#78)
TCU image Steve Avila, G/C, TCU
Height: 6-4. Weight: 332. Arm: 33. Hand: 9.25.
Official 40 Time: 5.21.

View Ranking History

3/18/23: Team sources say Avila is a solid player and looks like a future starter. He played left guard and center for the Horned Frogs, and he could play either spot in the NFL. Avila is strong and can generate a push at the point of attack. On top of his strength, Avila moves well for being a rotund large interior lineman. However, team sources say Avila has a terrible body and needs to get in better shape for the NFL.

Steve_Avila_3_WYvQD.jpg

• Round 4, pick 14 (#116)
LSU image Jay Ward, S, LSU
Height: 6-1. Weight: 188. Arm: 32.5. Hand: 8.25.
Official 40 Time: 4.55.
Projected Round (2023): 3-4.

View Ranking History

3/18/23: In 2022, Ward totaled 54 tackles, an interception and four pass breakups. He did a decent job.

7/1/22: Ward flashed in 2020, showing some ball skills at cornerback. He recorded 29 tackles, three passes interceptions and nine broken up on the year, which was his first season of serious playing time. In 2021, Ward moved to free safety, and playing in coverage on the back end was a better fit for him. On the year, he collected 69 tackles, two interceptions, four passes defended and one forced fumble. Ward has potential and also needs to fill out his frame for the NFL.

1431357323.jpg

• Round 5, pick 15 (#149)
San Jose State image Viliami Fehoko, 3-4OLB/DE, San Jose State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 276. Arm: 33. Hand: 9.
Projected 40 Time: 4.80.
Projected Round (2023): 4-6.

View Ranking History

3/25/23: Fehoko collected 69 tackles, nine sacks, two forced fumbles and a pass batted in 2022.

san-jose-state-edge-viliami-fehoko.webp

• Round 5, pick 36 (#170 — compensatory)
N.C. State image Christopher Dunn, K, N.C. State
Height: 5-10. Weight: 190.
Projected Round (2023): 5-7.

View Ranking History

2/25/23: Dunn had an excellent senior year, connecting on 97 percent of his field goals - 28-of-29 -, with the longest going for 53 yards. Dunn hit both attempts above 50 yards and was 8-of-9 in the 40-yard range. He showed good accuracy in 2018 - 89 percent - and 2019 - 88 percent - before down years in 2020 - 71 percent - and 2021 - 68 percent.

a1fb5005-e16d-409d-9615-cd98a4b43d7b-STA

• Round 7, pick 15 (#232)
Arkansas image Trey Knox, TE/WR, Arkansas
Height: 6-5. Weight: 245.
Projected 40 Time: 4.69.
Projected Round (2023): 6-FA.
View Ranking History

4/8/23: Knox was previously a big receiver, but he added weight and moved to tight end. He is a work in progress there, but he flashed some receiving ability in 2022 with 26 catches for 296 yards and five touchdowns. In 2021 (20-141-1) and 2019 (28-385-3), he had modest production.

usa_today_17109941.jpg

• Round 7, pick 18 (#235 — from LA Rams)
Texas image Keondre Coburn, DT, Texas
Height: 6-1. Weight: 344. Arm: 31.5. Hand: 9.13.
Official 40 Time: 5.22.
Projected Round (2023): 7-FA.

View Ranking History

3/25/23: In 2022, Coburn totaled 27 tackles, 2.5 sacks and two forced fumbles.

7/5/22: Coburn is a heavy run-stuffing nose tackle. In 2021, he recorded 15 tackles and a sack after recording 24 and 25 tackles during the previous two seasons, respectively. Coburn should lose weight for the NFL.

PAT_5320.JPG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smetana34 said:

Don't know much about the prospects outside Washington and Mingo, but I have no issues with the positions addressed in the order they were addressed. I'd be happy

Thanks! Mingo and Washington are my two draft crushes this year.

• Like 1

What I like about your mocks is you tend to predict player predictions that are just off the radar enough to be realistic. Every year things happen in the draft that throw us off guard, and a lot of your draft picks would be shocking if taken at their respective places.

For example - is it likely Wilson falls to 13? No, but can I see it happening? Absolutely.

I need to research a lot of these players more but if we ended up with the first three picks you have here, I'd call the draft a huge success. I like what I see from a lot of the other selections here filling both long-term and short-term needs. Well done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sandy said:

What I like about your mocks is you tend to predict player predictions that are just off the radar enough to be realistic. Every year things happen in the draft that throw us off guard, and a lot of your draft picks would be shocking if taken at their respective places.

For example - is it likely Wilson falls to 13? No, but can I see it happening? Absolutely.

I need to research a lot of these players more but if we ended up with the first three picks you have here, I'd call the draft a huge success. I like what I see from a lot of the other selections here filling both long-term and short-term needs. Well done.

Thank you! I really really like both Mingo and Washington and would love them in Greenbay.

• Like 1

I love those first three picks. No complaints at all

A follow up question. Next year Bakh becomes a potential cap casualty. You have Nijman becoming a UFA. We have Zach Tom as a backup and a bunch of lottery tickets. Did you consider any OT prospects while mocking?

Edited by pgwingman

4 hours ago, pgwingman said:

I love those first three picks. No complaints at all

A follow up question. Next year Bakh becomes a potential cap casualty. You have Nijman becoming a UFA. We have Zach Tom as a backup and a bunch of lottery tickets. Did you consider any OT prospects while mocking?

Thank you!

That is an issue for sure, I imagine if Bakh can have a good injury free year he will be restructured. If not, then that is a glaring hole that will need to be filled in free agency or the draft next year. 

Well thought out.  Nothing is perfect, I like a D-Lineman sooner and a CB, but you got us our Edge's and a Safety.  There are WR's I like better than Mingo at that point but that's me.  I though Ruggles was the most well thought of kicker in college last year, maybe he's not eligible?  All I know is I don't follow kickers but any time I saw Moody kick last year he impressed.  

Edited by 15412

6 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

Thank you!

That is an issue for sure, I imagine if Bakh can have a good injury free year he will be restructured. If not, then that is a glaring hole that will need to be filled in free agency or the draft next year. 

For sure. I tried to figure out which of your picks I would swap out to draft an OT, maybe Avalia?

22 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Well thought out.  Nothing is perfect, I like a D-Lineman sooner and a CB, but you got us our Edge's and a Safety.  There are WR's I like better than Mingo at that point but that's me.  I though Ruggles was the most well thought of kicker in college last year, maybe he's not eligible?  All I know is I don't follow kickers but any time I saw Moddy kick last year he impressed.  

What 2nd round WR do you like better than Mingo? Just curious.

Mingo is 220 and blocks damn well.

15 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

What 2nd round WR do you like better than Mingo? Just curious.

Mingo is 220 and blocks damn well.

Nothing against Mingo.  Size is important, but it isn't the only qualifier.  Looking at the complete game there are smaller receivers in this draft who will become NFL weapons.

To directly answer your question I like Rice, Mims, as much or more.  Boutte not far off.  I like Hyatt, Perry, and Tillman more.   Now a few of these guys could eek into Round 1, and maybe Mingo too.  But none are clear locks for Round 1.  I like Perry more than most people do no doubt.  I think his fit in the NFL game is a natural.  

• Like 1