Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

3 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Aidan O'Connell & DTR are rookie QB's who looked good in the preseason. Made their first start today & didn't look so good

I had wanted to take DTR in the draft, probably would look better with us than Cleveland

AOC and the Steelers offense is another testament that the preseason means pretty much nothing in terms of doing well. 

Also, C. J. Stroud is blowing the doors off with the Texans thus far. Especially on third downs. Good for Ryans and Slowik. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Curious as to how our ex-49ers are doing around the league. Players like Ismael, Manning, Knight (Cardinals), Jamison (Panhers) & McRrary-Ball (Jets PS i believe) 

Jimmie Ward in Houston. I think he's playing ok. 

9 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Curious as to how our ex-49ers are doing around the league. Players like Ismael, Manning, Knight (Cardinals), Jamison (Panhers) & McRrary-Ball (Jets PS i believe) 

Keith Ismael had to hold off James Conner yesterday when he was acting like a punk and for some reason trying to stick his fingers in Hufanga's mouth. 

On 9/29/2023 at 10:02 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

The Jets have received a letter from a certain former QB of ours... Apparently, he is willing to just QB their scout team. 

I wish Steve Young would quit sending those damned things out.  He's gotta be close to at least 60.

CJ Stroud as looked impressive.  When he has time, he is pinpoint accurate and he sees the field well.  It is interesting seeing Slowik's more traditional offense compared to McDaniels motion and speed bonanza.  I'm glad it is working out for 2/3 AFC guys.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I wish Steve Young would quit sending those damned things out.  He's gotta be close to at least 60.

CJ Stroud as looked impressive.  When he has time, he is pinpoint accurate and he sees the field well.  It is interesting seeing Slowik's more traditional offense compared to McDaniels motion and speed bonanza.  I'm glad it is working out for 2/3 AFC guys.

I was super surprised at the fight the Jets put up last night TBH. This is probably super obvious, but the problem with the Jets has been Zach Wilson, who was playing pretty decent last night. If he can get to the point of where he's serviceable like he was last night, they could string some wins together as well. 

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seahawks have sacked Daniel Jones more times tonight than the niners have sacked QBs all year. 

11 sacks tonight. Niners have 9 all year

Jones is a terrible QB IMO, also weren't the Giants without their LT, plus their C got hurt? Their OL isn't that good.