TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

Posted (edited)

Culver’s on the other hand is pretty alright. 

I’ll post it again I swear to god 

Edited by Ty21

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Yeah I was just bitching about reds to a customer at work today lol. How mid it is. How every restaurant in the area that has sprouted up in the last few decades is miles ahead of redamaks. Redamaks’s is pretty much the exact same flavorless thing it’s been since I was a kid, just considerably more expensive now. 

Yeah i remember it being a la carte, but they charge you $1.25 to put ******* lettuce on your burger!  That’s a burger staple.  F ‘em.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ty21 said:

You gotta stop going to redamaks bro. There are a number of restaurants in new buffalo considerably better lol

It's over rated for sure.  I also blame it for the crepe place closing down somehow.  What else is good in that town?  I think we found a good Italian place once? 

9 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

It's over rated for sure.  I also blame it for the crepe place closing down somehow.  What else is good in that town?  I think we found a good Italian place once? 

Brewsters is prob the Italian place. I like Ghost Isle a lot, Beer Church is pretty alright especially since my grandma resents it for being sacrilege. Song is a good Chinese food place. I worked at stray dog as a teen but that place is another just alright place. 

37 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Brewsters is prob the Italian place. I like Ghost Isle a lot, Beer Church is pretty alright especially since my grandma resents it for being sacrilege. Song is a good Chinese food place. I worked at stray dog as a teen but that place is another just alright place. 

Brewsters sounds right, thanks.  We were going to tryBeer Church once but the wait was going to be an hour, at that point I could be back in Chicago and taking my pick of restaurants, even if they're not as sacrilicious.   Will try Ghost Isle next time we're through there.

A friend of my dad's used to have a resort over there, such a great spot.  As much as I love Chicago and WI, the MI side of the lake is nicer.  By a lot. 

We usually head over that way in Oct for apple picking (Despite the fact that we have a little apple orchard in our front yard now, but it's tradition I guess)  will push for the Journeyman and leave you a Bearsy tip if I can!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

A friend of my dad's used to have a resort over there, such a great spot.  As much as I love Chicago and WI, the MI side of the lake is nicer.  By a lot. 

which resort - were they lithuanian?

Reds and stray dog are popular because for the longest time they were the ONLY thing in town, so they have the ~nostalgia~ factor that keeps people going. Beer church has legit pizza, but i just can't tell what they want their vibe to be, especially on the inside. It's a church, but they have gelato and pizza, but also kinda 70s theme? the outdoor area makes up for a lot of it, but the menu is too busy

villanova has good tavern style pizza, brewsters for italian. rios is a nice little taco stand. Hestons is just over the indiana border, but it's a good supper club for a prime rib and cocktail

• Like 1

On 8/24/2024 at 9:23 PM, Ty21 said:

The dude that served you is the nicest kid, that place is kinda ruining him lol. 

And yeah that server is pretty gruff and not really like any of our other ones lol. I may or may not make jokes at her expense. 

I hear that relatively often, chicagoans wanting to be considered locals because they’ve had another house in this area for x amount of time. Idk why anyone would be proud to call themselves locals lol. None of us care about that 

But yeah next time you’re in say hey. Any of yall. It’s kinda remarkable I’ve been on this site for literally half my life and haven’t met any of yall yet. 

yeah he seemed like the life was a little sucked out of him

you didn't answer my question about that friends and family discount

i live in denver now, but my parents have lived in union pier full time for years now. its more of it being funny when they complain about busy season and almost exclusively take us to places chicagoans don't know about. Featherbone is a staple of theirs

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

yeah he seemed like the life was a little sucked out of him

you didn't answer my question about that friends and family discount

i live in denver now, but my parents have lived in union pier full time for years now. its more of it being funny when they complain about busy season and almost exclusively take us to places chicagoans don't know about. Featherbone is a staple of theirs

Bro I barely get a discount myself lol 

I hate the Bone. I took a girl there 5-6 years ago and had to leave early and she left w another guy. It’s the Bone’s fault. 

29 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Reds and stray dog are popular because for the longest time they were the ONLY thing in town, so they have the ~nostalgia~ factor that keeps people going. Beer church has legit pizza, but i just can't tell what they want their vibe to be, especially on the inside. It's a church, but they have gelato and pizza, but also kinda 70s theme? the outdoor area makes up for a lot of it, but the menu is too busy

villanova has good tavern style pizza, brewsters for italian. rios is a nice little taco stand. Hestons is just over the indiana border, but it's a good supper club for a prime rib and cocktail

Villanova is pretty good yeah, it’s been fun watching it become expensive over the years. Rios is really solid, there was one in the town by me for a while that closed. Hesstons I’ve never been to but my friends dad is a cook there. Hesston train park by it is cool if you like long boring train rides in a circle. 

another to try in 3 oaks is Patellies. It’s always busy but it’s the best pizza place to be in that spot and that spot has seen a plethora of pizza places in my lifetime. Froehlichs is okay too, they started the movement on overpriced burgers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

HA!  That's the same resort, what a small world.  Do you know them?  

Is Rios the place that took over the spot from Pierre Anne's crepe place?  I LOVED that spot.  Even though the lady of the house told on me for feeding whipped cream to a baby.  Narc.  Never saw the inside of the beer temple as it was jammed and we moved on instead of waiting.  I absolutely love me an old school supper club, grew up spending a lot of time in WI so feel very at home in nicotine stained, pine panneled dimly lit places that will deliver a ludicrous size steak and potato for like $20. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Extra menu things or is it just big 

Just big.

Just over IL border a ways.   Tons of signs that say Worlds Biggest Culvers.

It's just a Culvers, but with extra conference rooms built in. 

• Like 1