TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

First Round of our playoffs and had a proud dad moment. My son threw a 60+ yard TD to my daughter. She stayed right by the sideline and we only had 10 in the huddle for a trick play sp she was completely uncovered. He threw it about 25 yards downfield and no one was catching her. We won big 34-12.

That's awesome man,  they'll never forget it and you made it happen

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

He looks about as he always did to me. Maybe got a little more fit.

Or maybe it's all that "defending Danny Masterson" guilt that's eating away at him.

I don't know who Danny Masterson is.

I am seeing things on his relationship with Diddy.  But I don't know much about it.   Anytime anyone does something horrible, everyone wants to know who the people associated with him were.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I don't know who Danny Masterson is.

I am seeing things on his relationship with Diddy.  But I don't know much about it.   Anytime anyone does something horrible, everyone wants to know who the people associated with him were.

Danny Masterson was one of their co-stars on That 70's Show. He r*ped at least two women between 2001 to 2003 and eventually went to jail for it. There were at least two additional accusers. Kunis and Kutcher spoke in his defense both publicly and in the courtroom. Masterson is a Scientologist and though it's never been publicly confirmed that Kutcher or Kunis are members, they performed at a Church of Scientology fundraiser in 2003. They also accompanied Masterson to a Scientologist's wedding in 2019, which was two years after the r*pe allegations and the start of the following investigation. All of the accusers were also members of the Church and it's commonly believed that the Church helped bury the accusations for ~15 years.

15 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Danny Masterson was one of their co-stars on That 70's Show. He r*ped at least two women between 2001 to 2003 and eventually went to jail for it. There were at least two additional accusers. Kunis and Kutcher spoke in his defense both publicly and in the courtroom. Masterson is a Scientologist and though it's never been publicly confirmed that Kutcher or Kunis are members, they performed at a Church of Scientology fundraiser in 2003. They also accompanied Masterson to a Scientologist's wedding in 2019, which was two years after the r*pe allegations and the start of the following investigation. All of the accusers were also members of the Church and it's commonly believed that the Church helped bury the accusations for ~15 years.

Ah.  The sun glasses guy from show.   Forget his character name.  

Actors get into some strange things.   People push their kids to be famous.  Might be worst thing you could ever do to them.   Many if not most of them get molested at some point.

I heard interviews with extras and what not from LA and they say whatever you imagine it is worse.   

I think when humans have easy access to sex and other temptations they will keep pushing the boundaries of it.  Like a drug.  You have to do more extreme versions and doses to get your fix.  

You see it so often with famous people and powerful people throughout history.  

13 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Actors get into some strange things.   People push their kids to be famous.  Might be worst thing you could ever do to them.   Many if not most of them get molested at some point.

When I was in high school I briefly dated a girl who had been a child actor from some sitcoms in the 80s/90s.  Was fun but an absolute mess with all kinds of issues with her parents.  They got super cold to her when she had gone a couple years without an acting role.  Hear about her from friends every now and then and her life is a complete mess that's getting passed on to her kids.  Parental ambition is a tricky thing.  I've had the chance to compete with lots of people who were pushed hard in our sport as kids and gone on to be world champions, olympic athletes etc.  Even the nicest ones are still really really volatile psychologically, and the worst ones are absolute basket cases.

13 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I heard interviews with extras and what not from LA and they say whatever you imagine it is worse.   

I think when humans have easy access to sex and other temptations they will keep pushing the boundaries of it.  Like a drug.  You have to do more extreme versions and doses to get your fix.  

Power too.  Financial or otherwise.  How many times have you seen someone well meaning get into a position of power and it absolutely changes them.  Often times it's OK until they get some pushback or they feel judged and then they turn. 

One of the healthiest lifestyle rich guys I know made out well and invented an app/service you all probably use all the time.  When he got to a certain point he just sold everything off and focused on his family and writing.  He and his family seem super normal and as happy as anyone.  They said that they would take 10% of what the own/and earn and use that for charity and causes, and then take 10% of THAT and use it for their recreation and fun stuff.  They can run a race team that is REALLY well supplied and funded on that so I guess they did pretty well.  Funniest thing is they have a super normal house in Chicago, normal cars etc.  The biggest thing he does is setting his life up so he doesn't have to do things he hates, so their lives are set up to avoid traffic, chores etc.  I know a lot of other people who are still constantly pushing for more, and are constantly upset by performance, politics etc.  I've noticed many of my wealthier customers have a really hard time with relationships.  Estranged kids, always suing their neighbors etc.   Some really miserable people at that level.  That said if you offered me a bill the answer is yes. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

When I was in high school I briefly dated a girl who had been a child actor from some sitcoms in the 80s/90s.  Was fun but an absolute mess with all kinds of issues with her parents.  They got super cold to her when she had gone a couple years without an acting role.  Hear about her from friends every now and then and her life is a complete mess that's getting passed on to her kids.  Parental ambition is a tricky thing.  I've had the chance to compete with lots of people who were pushed hard in our sport as kids and gone on to be world champions, olympic athletes etc.  Even the nicest ones are still really really volatile psychologically, and the worst ones are absolute basket cases.

Even kids who felt like they were pushed too hard academically feel a need to rebel and wild out when they get a taste of 'freedom'.  Saw it from boys and girls in college in different ways and heard about it in regards to several HS friends.   I have a good friend who was still talking in her early 30s and 40s like she had to do certain wild things in life because she didn't get to do them in HS and college like 'everybody' else did.  She still will get totally trashed at weddings and parties because she feels like she deserves it because she didn't 'get' to do it when she was younger.  

Most beautiful girl I ever knew and was friends with in HS is still single and lived kind of a weird life as far as I can tell.  She was a 10.   Her parents really pushed her hard and kept her from too many innocent happenings and get togethers with HS friends.  They meant well, but they just took it too far.   Her sister was gorgeous too, not quite as pretty, but still smoking hot.  Sister ended up getting married, but has lived her life in strange ways and struggled with many things including depression and substance abuse.  

20 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Power too.  Financial or otherwise.  How many times have you seen someone well meaning get into a position of power and it absolutely changes them.  Often times it's OK until they get some pushback or they feel judged and then they turn. 

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

No job changes you so much as one that gives you a lot of power over others.  You see it a lot in college basketball coaches (at least back in day) and judges and various other jobs especially ones with political power or fame or being a gatekeeper to fame.  If get such a job you have to be really careful about it. 

Police officers have to guard against it as well and in a different sense.  They are dealing with terrible people all the time, so they start to see many people as terrible that aren't.   Strippers can get that way about men.  

One of the healthiest lifestyle rich guys I know made out well and invented an app/service you all probably use all the time.  When he got to a certain point he just sold everything off and focused on his family and writing.  He and his family seem super normal and as happy as anyone.  They said that they would take 10% of what the own/and earn and use that for charity and causes, and then take 10% of THAT and use it for their recreation and fun stuff.  They can run a race team that is REALLY well supplied and funded on that so I guess they did pretty well.  Funniest thing is they have a super normal house in Chicago, normal cars etc.  The biggest thing he does is setting his life up so he doesn't have to do things he hates, so their lives are set up to avoid traffic, chores etc.  I know a lot of other people who are still constantly pushing for more, and are constantly upset by performance, politics etc.  I've noticed many of my wealthier customers have a really hard time with relationships.  Estranged kids, always suing their neighbors etc.   Some really miserable people at that level.  That said if you offered me a bill the answer is yes. 

Imagine that God is right again. 

You don't have to be a believer to get benefits from God's advice.  It is solid advice for anyone, anywhere in any time period.  Read proverbs and other books of wisdom from Solomon and head them and things will go well for you.   It took me near 40 years to learn that following God's advice found in Bible leads to a much happier life generally and blessings.  I believed in God sooner than that, but I didn't live it way I should.   Don't get me wrong, life still comes with financial problems, sickness and death regardless, but those things become much easier to handle.  

Life just works much better if you add sincere prayer and give Him thanks as a daily routine.  I can't tell you how many problems and situations of mine have been solved by simply praying about them.  Way too many and the manner in which it got solved to be coincidence.  Like winning the lottery multiple times or a slot machine jackpot twice in one day.  It just doesn't happen on its own without intervention of some kind.  

Giving to God's purposes is one of scariest things you can do, because we all need money and there is never seemingly enough of it to meet your needs and future needs.   And there are so many scammers out there saying they are from God and just looking to enrich themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

That said if you offered me a bill the answer is yes. 

Doesn't have to be a billion for me. 5 million at most, likely less than that, nobody is ever seeing me again. I don't have that drive for "more". I want to be happy, comfortable, and content. For me, all I need is just enough. For all of the memes online you can find about single male living spaces with the one piece of furniture, nothing hung on the walls, one pot, one pan, you get the idea.... sign me the F up.

So many in this country try to buy happiness with possessions and it just doesn't work the way people want it to. The joy is not only temporary, but you are also training yourself to become less content and to constantly need more. Think Pavlov's dog conditioning experiment. Same premise. Feel bad, buy stuff, feel better for a while, then feel equal or worse to the start. Repeat.

Thinking about it now, getting bullied relentlessly for 8-9 years continuously, which forced me to learn how to live within myself, and differently from others, is probably one of the best things that ever happened to me.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Even kids who felt like they were pushed too hard academically feel a need to rebel and wild out when they get a taste of 'freedom'.  Saw it from boys and girls in college in different ways and heard about it in regards to several HS friends.   I have a good friend who was still talking in her early 30s and 40s like she had to do certain wild things in life because she didn't get to do them in HS and college like 'everybody' else did.  She still will get totally trashed at weddings and parties because she feels like she deserves it because she didn't 'get' to do it when she was younger.  

Most beautiful girl I ever knew and was friends with in HS is still single and lived kind of a weird life as far as I can tell.  She was a 10.   Her parents really pushed her hard and kept her from too many innocent happenings and get togethers with HS friends.  They meant well, but they just took it too far.   Her sister was gorgeous too, not quite as pretty, but still smoking hot.  Sister ended up getting married, but has lived her life in strange ways and struggled with many things including depression and substance abuse.  

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

No job changes you so much as one that gives you a lot of power over others.  You see it a lot in college basketball coaches (at least back in day) and judges and various other jobs especially ones with political power or fame or being a gatekeeper to fame.  If get such a job you have to be really careful about it. 

Police officers have to guard against it as well and in a different sense.  They are dealing with terrible people all the time, so they start to see many people as terrible that aren't.   Strippers can get that way about men.  

Imagine that God is right again. 

You don't have to be a believer to get benefits from God's advice.  It is solid advice for anyone, anywhere in any time period.  Read proverbs and other books of wisdom from Solomon and head them and things will go well for you.   It took me near 40 years to learn that following God's advice found in Bible leads to a much happier life generally and blessings.  I believed in God sooner than that, but I didn't live it way I should.   Don't get me wrong, life still comes with financial problems, sickness and death regardless, but those things become much easier to handle.  

Life just works much better if you add sincere prayer and give Him thanks as a daily routine.  I can't tell you how many problems and situations of mine have been solved by simply praying about them.  Way too many and the manner in which it got solved to be coincidence.  Like winning the lottery multiple times or a slot machine jackpot twice in one day.  It just doesn't happen on its own without intervention of some kind.  

Giving to God's purposes is one of scariest things you can do, because we all need money and there is never seemingly enough of it to meet your needs and future needs.   And there are so many scammers out there saying they are from God and just looking to enrich themselves.

I'm not religious a bit but happily adopt the precepts of how to treat people as they're pretty universal and effective. Even if the world doesn't treat you right back right away it usually makes your life more peaceful, and it always does seem to come back around.  Time's I've chosen to be cruel or dishonest always seem to linger or come back to stress me out.  Plus now my ******* kids are always watching so I know I'll get called out for that.  My son has started sitting up front lately and now if I even stay in the left land for a second it's "dad you always say the left lane is for passing only. Been here a while. Just saying"  Enjoy the third row buddy.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Doesn't have to be a billion for me. 5 million at most, likely less than that, nobody is ever seeing me again. I don't have that drive for "more". I want to be happy, comfortable, and content. For me, all I need is just enough. For all of the memes online you can find about single male living spaces with the one piece of furniture, nothing hung on the walls, one pot, one pan, you get the idea.... sign me the F up.

I know a lot of people that got out over their skis with house purchases during the big recession in 07.  A lot of them lamented that they bought too much house/condo and really never needed the extra space or luxury. We got really lucky and bought our house right after that as a short sale so didn't spend a ton, and have had a bunch of chances to sell and really cash out and buy something bigger but a) our neighborhood is like Like it to Beaver (in a good way) b) we really don't need much more and would rather do trips, nice food, save etc. 

So many in this country try to buy happiness with possessions and it just doesn't work the way people want it to. The joy is not only temporary, but you are also training yourself to become less content and to constantly need more. Think Pavlov's dog conditioning experiment. Same premise. Feel bad, buy stuff, feel better for a while, then feel equal or worse to the start. Repeat.

This is mostly true except for windsurf gear, tools, and fancy meat.  

I really think our hyper individual focused culture has led to some great achievements but also some real psychological problems built in.  A lot of it is tied to consumerism gone wild, plus now we've got social media just accelerating every crazy impulse.  

Thinking about it now, getting bullied relentlessly for 8-9 years continuously, which forced me to learn how to live within myself, and differently from others, is probably one of the best things that ever happened to me.

I was a super solitary kid growing up as we moved a bunch, had accents and it was just kind of my nature.  I think I learned to happy solo, but was probably lonely even I don't remember it. Then I made some great friends starting in high school which was good too,  I think I would have turned out less happy and even stranger if that hadn't come up.  I worry sometimes as my son is the same way, we'll be walking out of school at the end of the day and like 5 kids will say bye to him, and he doesn't even notice and instead just keeps talking about whatever was on his mind.  He didn't even notice when someone wrote his name in a heart in concrete on the new playgroud.  Trying to teach him to be his own person but also notice that humans are real and sometimes make sounds towards you that should be acknowledged. People are strange. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2024 at 10:35 AM, chisoxguy7 said:

Truly understanding what makes yourself happy and unhappy and being able to use that to set your priorities in life is incredibly underrated. Thankfully I am in a really good place with that though, like what you describe for yourself, the path to this place wasn’t always exactly smooth and at other times was almost intolerable.

• Like 1

I think it was around this time last year that depression drove me away from all social media and socializing. This year I’m not feeling that. Or at least not yet. So that’s good. 

• Like 3