DP8017's Draft Week Mock

Dawgpoun8017

Well done DP!

This mock is an absolute home run.

LB Campbell - IDGAF if he is an ILB or an OLB - he is a daggone good FOOTBALL PLAYER. Just roll him out on the field and he will make plays.

DL Benton - I don't get it why he is not being considered a higher picker. Pop in his tape. Playmaker.

OLB McGuire - If he wore crimson and white instead of black and gold - he would be a high Day 2 pick.

OG Vorhees - Coming off a knee injury - but he is now one of the best value picks mid draft. Day two type talent.

CB Blackmon - Don't know much about him - but it is a position of need. And we have NAILED the 1st 4 picks.

A++++++++++++++

I sincerely doubt we would trade up to take Campbell. We hate linebackers to begin with & Campbell isn’t our flavor of LB anyways. He’s too solid—we seem to value traits and splashy linebacker, rather than boring do-your-job ones.

I personally would be fine with this, as it’s our 1 glaring starter hole right now. I think it makes more sense to wait & get Pappoe, but either is fine.

If we do trade up, which I’m not opposed to at all, I hope it’s for Ojulari. I think he’s fantastic & would complement what we have nicely. He and Okoronkwo outside with Garrett working guards in dime packages would be unfair. 

4 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I sincerely doubt we would trade up to take Campbell. We hate linebackers to begin with & Campbell isn’t our flavor of LB anyways. He’s too solid—we seem to value traits and splashy linebacker, rather than boring do-your-job ones.

I think this is a somewhat unfair assessment.  We may not have drafted the do-your-job guys under AB, but we already had one in Takitaki and signed one in Walker.

And like, getting guys prepared and able to play the coaches job (in part).  It’s not the GM’s job to draft the most NFL ready, high floor players available.

I personally would be fine with this, as it’s our 1 glaring starter hole right now. I think it makes more sense to wait & get Pappoe, but either is fine.

If they want to fill a hole, there’s still some decent dudes available in FA tbh.

If we do trade up, which I’m not opposed to at all, I hope it’s for Ojulari. I think he’s fantastic & would complement what we have nicely. He and Okoronkwo outside with Garrett working guards in dime packages would be unfair. 

Completely agree, he’d be great.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 7:28 AM, Dawgpoun8017 said:

*Trade- Trade picks 98 & 111,142  to move into second Round*

2.) Jack Campbell- LB - Iowa

GettyImages-1237228107-scaled.jpg

3.) Keeanu Benton-DT-Wisconsin

1439258596.0.jpg

4.) Isaiah McGuire- DE- Mizzou

10292022_FB_vs.SouthCarolina69_nHkND.JPG

5.) Andrew Voorhees-OG- USC

1243348223.jpg