*Round 2 added- page 2* What I would do as GM for each team- 1st round Minute Mock

minutemancl

15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

That Chiefs WRs are really not good. They'll function fine this season with no additions because Mahomes is Mahomes and Kelce is really the #1 target, but if that was the Giants WR corps for instance, everyone would be rightfully pointing out how week it is. 

You can try to put more weight on Toney, but he will crumble. Literally. He has never shown he can stay healthy in any capacity for any serious length of time.

This is at best deceptive.

What the Chiefs' WRs are is not well known and they already have Toney and Moore as developing talent. A late first-round pick will not upgrade that aspect significantly. Adding multiple projects on day #3 is what I would expect.

What needs an upgrade is DL. Chris Jones is entering the latter half of his career and they need to replace Frank Clark's snap count. This team needs another George Karlaftis far more than they need another Skyy Moore, which is what you are offering. Edge is deep, so an OT also makes sense as does TE if the value is there.

45 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Irv Smith is a fine #2 TE, but he's not anything special. Kincaid could very well be a special pass catching tight end. I don't think they are redundant at all. I'm trying to think who defenses would even have trying to cover Kincaid (from the slot, inline, doesn't matter) when Chase, Higgins, and Boyd are also all on the field. It's a nightmare.

Obvious passing downs Kincaid is definitely an upgrade, like I said, I wouldn't hate it, but neither he nor Smith are much as blockers, so Kincaid has to come off the field a good chunk of the time, and the definitely won't be playing 2 TE's on passing downs if it means taking one of the big 3 WR off the field.  So at that point Smith becomes Kincaid injury insurance.

I have time, so I'm going to add a round 2.

32. Steelers- CB Cam Smith | First round pick: OT Dawand Jones

Cam Smith is the best CB available, and there are a decent amount available. Matches need as well.

33. Texans- WR Cedric Tillman | First round picks: QB Bryce Young, EDGE Tyree Wilson

Here is the new weapon for the new QB. Tillman ultimately is the better player when compared to his Vol teammate Jalin Hyatt.

34. Cardinals- EDGE Lukas Van Ness | First round pick: DL Jalen Carter

Let's replenish the front talent on the defensive side of the ball for the Cardinals. They have absolutely nothing there right now.  Carter and Van Ness are both day 1 starters and major year 1 contributors.

35. Colts- CB Tyrique Stevenson | First round pick: QB Will Levis

The Colts need serious DB help, as do most teams in the NFL. There are a lot of CBs I have generally ranked about the same- Cam Smith, Stevenson, Darius Rush, Julius Brents. They'll all be taken around here, and I'm sure your order varies from mine, so just substitute them out if I pick one you don't like for your team.

36. Rams- OT Anton Harrison | First round pick: lol the Rams never have a first round pick

Almost a dream scenario for the Rams here. Stop messing around on the OL and get a guy who can play almost immediately.

37. Seahawks- C John Michael-Schmitz | First round picks: EDGE Will Anderson, WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba

I didn't really address the Seahawks major needs in round 1, opting instead to take great players at great value. Getting the best C in the draft with your 3rd pick is awesome. JMS is plug and play.

38. Raiders- iDL Bryan Bresee | First round pick: QB CJ Stroud

Bresee's ceiling is too high for me to pass him up again at this point in the draft. The Raiders have had a hole in the middle of their defense for a while now. Bresee should do some good at attempting to resolve it.

39. Panthers- WR Tank Dell | First round pick: QB Anthony Richardson

Tank Dell is probably my favorite deep threat WR in this draft, even more than Jalin Hyatt. He is effortless when he tracks the ball over his shoulder, and even though he is more quick than fast (still plenty fast though), he'll get open down the field where Richardson can throw a bomb to him. Losing DJ Moore left a hole in the Panthers WR room, and although they made efforts to patch it this offseason, none of those guys are 1 all that good and 2 can do what Tank can do, regardless of his size.

40. Saints- iOL Steve Avila | First round pick: EDGE Myles Murphy

This could be any number of players. I ended up settling on Steve Avila. I like his positional versatility and it is really important to address the trenches early.

41. Titans- C Joe Tippman | First round pick: OT Paris Johnson Jr

Trenches trenches trenches. I'll get my WR later. Let's position the team to succeed this year with the pieces we have for now while also creating a solid foundation for the retooling that is soon to come.

42. Jets- LB Jack Campbell | First round pick: OT Broderick Jones

This makes too much sense to me. This defense flies around already. Get the ultimate tackling machine in Campbell to put the cherry on top of it.

43. Jets- Look, they are getting Aaron Rodgers. For the sake of argument, let's just say this pick is part of a package they trade to Green Bay for him.

43. Packers- iDL Mazi Smith | First round pick: TE Darnell Washington

I've wanted to place a WR with almost every team so far in the 2nd round, and I just don't see the value for the remaining guys yet. Mazi Smith is a bit of a projection, but he is freakishly athletic. He gives me similar vibes to Rashan Gary, who Green Bay also took a few years ago and has panned out for them.

44. Falcons- QB Hendon Hooker | First round pick: RB Bijan Robinson

I know some disagree, but I have 0 faith in Desmond Ridder. I'm getting my QB here. I really like Hooker. His flaws as a prospect are well known by now, but I'm comfortable taking him here on day 2.

45. Packers- S Sydney Brown

I love Sydney Brown. He flies around the field like a madman and I think is a great fit in Green Bay with the other speed freaks they have here.

46. Patriots- EDGE Yaya Diaby | First round pick: CB Devon Witherspoon

Another player I really love. Diaby is exactly the type of player Bill would love to coach and he fits a big time need. He's also insanely athletic.

47. Commanders- LB Drew Sanders | First round pick: CB Joey Porter Jr

Let's get the rest of the defense on the same level as the DL for once. Sanders is a bit of a wildcard, but I love the idea of him being able to roam behind the big guys we have up front.

48. Lions- TE Michael Mayer | First round picks: CB Christian Gonzalez, iDL Calijah Kancey

No brainer selection here.

49. Steelers- OL Cody Mauch

I'm doubling up on OL here. Mauch can play any position on the line. This OL needs to get stable.

50. Buccaneers- DL Keeanu Benton | First round pick: G O'Cyrus Torrence

I want more juice on this DL. I think Benton is a stud.

51. Dolphins- TE Sam Laporta | First round pick: none

No brainer pick here as well, well, at least as far as position. I like a few TEs around this range, so it was a tough call, but I ultimately went with Laporta.

52. Seahawks- EDGE Felix Anudike-Uzomah

Let's double up on pass rusher for the Seahawks. I know some really like Felix. I haven't seen much of him, but the consensus rates him highly, so I like the value and the position.

53. Bears- EDGE Isaiah Foskey | First round pick: OT Darnell Wright

Let's beef up this EDGE group, which is severely lacking.

54. Chargers- RB Jahmyr Gibbs | First round pick: CB Deonte Banks

Let Ekeler seek out what he wants. I'll grab his replacement here.

55. Lions- WR Xavier Hutchinson

Jesus how many picks do the Lions have in this draft? Let's address another need and grab a receiver that is a bit different from the guys we have right now.

56. Jaguars- CB Emmanuel Forbes | First round pick: DB Brian Branch

I'm going to continue to improve this pass defense. I like other corners more than Forbes (I have a real problem with how slight he is), but the Jaguars need a nickel corner and I can really see him thriving there. I also know the consensus is much higher on him than I am, so I am willing to concede a bit. Most of you will probably call this a steal.

57. Giants- CB Julius Brents | First round pick: WR Zay Flowers

Giants have a massive need at corner, and Julius Brents fits the mold of a guy Wink would covet. 6'4" corners that move like he does don't come around all that often.

58. Cowboys- RB Zach Charbonnet | First round pick: DL Adetomiwa Adebawore

The Cowboys do need a RB pretty badly. Charbonnet is great value here and is the Zeke replacement.

59. Bills- CB Clark Phillips | First round pick: EDGE Will Mcdonald

Clark Phillips feels like such a Bills player to me. Again I'm going against my board at CB, this should be Darius Rush here, but I love the fit too much.

60. Bengals- DB Kelee Ringo | First round pick: TE Dalton Kincaid

Again? Yeah, again, but for good reason. Kelee Ringo is a super impressive athlete, but he is a little stiff. He may be a little too stiff to make it as a corner in the NFL. However, there should be fallback plans to convert him to safety, where he would thrive if he was unable to cut it as a corner. The Bengals are in a unique position with their roster that I think they can take that risk and make out really well either way. He's good value here.

61. Bears- EDGE Tuli Tuipulotu

I almost pulled the trigger on Tuli three times this round, but he finally actually gets taken here. The Bears EDGE room is really woeful. There needs to be a big influx in talent there. I'm hoping Foskey and Tuli can help with that.

62. Eagles- WR Jalin Hyatt | First round picks: OL Peter Skoronski, EDGE BJ Ojulari

Similar to the Bengals being in kind of a unique situation where they can take a player and afford them some liberties, the Eagles do that here as well with Hyatt. He doesn't have to learn the whole route tree right away because the Eagles already have 3 A+ pass catching targets on the field at all times. While he learns for the first year how to run actual routes, he can take over the Quez Watkins role and take the top off the defense a few times a game.

63. Chiefs- DL Derick Hall | First round pick: WR Quentin Johnston

You're betting on traits at this point, I'll put a few chips down for Hall.

Notable remaining players: Daiyan Henley, Josh Downs, Luke Wypler, Luke Musgrave, Andre Carter, DJ Turner, Trenton Simpson, Darius Rush, Marvin Mims, Tyler Scott, Gervon Dexter

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

63. Chiefs- DL Derick Hall | First round pick: WR Quentin Johnston

You're betting on traits at this point, I'll put a few chips down for Hall.

Notable remaining players: Daiyan Henley, Josh Downs, Luke Wypler, Luke Musgrave, Andre Carter, DJ Turner, Trenton Simpson, Darius Rush, Marvin Mims, Tyler Scott, Gervon Dexter

The Chiefs would be much better with Lukas Van Ness at #31 (or trading up) plus a WR here, or just leave Hall in place. Dexter also works as does Musgrave. 

Again, they would trade up as the board is developing. 

I'm going to be blunt, I hate it. Gonzalez over Witherspoon is a miss for me. Kancey is not a first round guy IMO. Michael Mayer is a good player but I don't understand everyone fascination with drafting TEs high to the Lions. They have 3 good TEs on their roster who performed well last year after the Hockenson trade and are all cheap. IN this offense, no reason to spend the resources there, high, when better value can be found. I don't mind the Hutchinson pick. Overall, I give it a 4 out of 10. 

Yeah i really don't like taking 2 offensive players back to back in the 1st 2 rounds in such a loaded 1st 2 rounds defensive class.   I'll never hate the Bijan pick because he is a solid player but i would only go after him if i traded down 1st and got another pick with it.  At 8 im taking any of the top 3 D-lineman who fall or the top 2 Cb's before Bijan.   But as said i'll never crap on the bijan pick because he is still a top tier talent just a very lower valued position for me.

As for round 2 Hooker is my #3 QB in this class and with that said if Ridder was in the same class as all of these QB's i would take Ridder over every Qb but Young and Stroud.  Hooker, Richardson, and Levis would all be for sure behind Ridder to me and it's not really close.  I have all 3 of those guys as round 2 to round 3 QB's and i had Ridder a mid to late 1st round QB last draft.      

So with that said if i look at it and choose who i draft at each spot it would be

#8 Tyree Wilson - Edge

2nd  Emmanual Forbes - CB

2 guys i have in the top 25 picks   1 in the top 10 and 1 in the 20 to 25 range.