onejayhawk

Trade Up or Trade Down?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Move or not

• Trade Up
    • Trade Down
    • Stay put and let the draft come to us

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/2023 at 11:00 PM

Doesn't make much sense without context. I think the Chiefs will be aggressive. They got some ammo to trade up, and they have a roster without many holes to be plugged. So they have all the flexibility to move around to get the guy they want.

And if I read aöll the news correctly  .. there were few drafts were the top 20 were so fluent as this one  ... some really good guys may drop out of that and into reach of the Chiefs due to team individual assessments on guys and needs oriented drafts.

If I see the Chiefs doing a trade I see it up, not down.

• Like 1

If there is not a player high on the Chiefs board that falls, I see it the opposite.  There are maximum 10 players that are can't miss in this draft.  We could see 5 QBs in the 1st round, so a lot of talent is going to drop into the 2nd and even the 3rd round.

It will be interesting to see which way Veach/Reid go.

Absolutely not true. It all depends on how the board falls when the Chiefs are on the clock.

I point out the Chiefs 2021 draft where they did not have a 1st round pick, but had 2 x 2nd round picks.

Round 2: #58 - Nick Bolton LB, Missouri

Round 2: #63 - Creed Humphrey C, Oklahoma

I'd be happy trading down netting talent like that draft.

29 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

You won't see another bonanza like Baltimore's or Kansas City's 2022 draft haul in your lifetime.

Debatable,   we generally draft very well on the 2nd/3rd days.      Our issue in the past was that we simply just didn't keep the majority of our picks.   

We have plenty of picks this year,   so I'm not adverse to trading up,    or down.       But if there is an opportunity to move out of the 1st  to the mid 2nd,   and bump some of those later picks up a round or two.      I would applaud that.   

• Like 2