Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Thread is full of box score scouts who don't watch Packers games. Jordan Love is one of the smallest issues the Packers have, wouldn't even say "issues". I'd try to extend him right now when the perceived value is low. 

You are the only person in the world who would consider giving him an extension. You have more faith in Love than the guy who picked him

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Trey Lance said:

As a depressed 49ers fan post Superbowl, there was nothing that made be happier than when the Packers decided to level up by taking Love and Dillon back-to-back when you already have a HoF MVP QB and a probowl RB. 

Don't forget about the glorified FB we took in the third.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Don't forget about the glorified FB we took in the third.

I rail on Gute for drafting Dillon and Deguara more than drafting Love.  What in the hell he ever saw in those two I'll never understand.  QBs often get overdrafted because of the position they play.  Is Love a bust?  This is his try-out season so I'm going to wait and see if he gets any better by the end of the year.  If so, great.  If not we'll be drafting super high next spring and perhaps they'll look for his replacement.  If we don't win another game this year it isn't the end of the world.

13 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I rail on Gute for drafting Dillon and Deguara more than drafting Love.  What in the hell he ever saw in those two I'll never understand.  QBs often get overdrafted because of the position they play.  Is Love a bust?  This is his try-out season so I'm going to wait and see if he gets any better by the end of the year.  If so, great.  If not we'll be drafting super high next spring and perhaps they'll look for his replacement.  If we don't win another game this year it isn't the end of the world.

With LeFleur in town, I suspect they thought they were getting Derrick Henry lite. 

29 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Im not calling to bench him, he should start the full year, but he has to earn it. If he keeps playing this poorly Lafleur has to consider benching him before he loses the locker room. The wide receivers are losing faith in him by the week. You can't just give the guy a whole year when it's becoming increasingly clear he isn't a starting caliber QB.

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You right.  One was viewed as a generational prospect and arguably the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning, and the other one was viewed as a 2-3 year project before he was ready to play in the NFL.  But hey, because they sit in the NFL they must be getting valuable game experience.  Oh wait.

Do 2-3 year projects often get drafted in the first round?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Im not calling to bench him, he should start the full year, but he has to earn it. If he keeps playing this poorly Lafleur has to consider benching him before he loses the locker room. The wide receivers are losing faith in him by the week. You can't just give the guy a whole year when it's becoming increasingly clear he isn't a starting caliber QB.

Where are you hearing that his teammates are losing faith in him?  I'm not up there so I don't see local reporting or hear stuff on the radio.

5 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Do 2-3 year projects often get drafted in the first round?

As I said above, most QBs are overdrafted because of the position they play.  How many QBs taken at the top of the draft over the years have flamed out spectacularly?

Just now, Pugger said:

Where are you hearing that his teammates are losing faith in him?  I'm not up there so I don't see local reporting or hear stuff on the radio.

Just my personal observation. Rewatch that 4th quarter and look at Reed and Watsons body language after every miss. I think it was his second to last throw of the game where he missed Reed by 5+ yards after they blew a coverage and you could tell Reed was not happy. It's not a good sign when your WRs are shaking their head and rolling their eyes at their QB.