Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

Jordan Love time 

what’s he going to become?

last two guys before him first ballot HOFers. Can they get 3 in a row? He’s going to have talent around him. 

im going with all pro / pro bowl

the nfc looks like it’s open for a leading QB. Jordan will have alot of talent around him. I think he’ll be successful. He had the talent he just needed to sit  

Edited by brownie man

I don't see him as a viable starter but time will tell. I plain wasn't a fan of his coming out of the draft and I think the Packer's roster on the offensive side leaves a lot to be desired. I think Jones is aging a bit and Dillon isn't very good. Watson shows promise and their OL is okay, but past that I don't see much there.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

omewhere else "peak Top 15 QB"

That's my take. Derek Carr/modern Dalton line level.

I’ll buy this too - I agree with the assessment that @MWil23 had of Love at the time he was drafted, he simply didn’t impress me. I’ll concede that he had a chance to sit and get mental reps these last few years, so he’s probably a more polished product than when he was drafted; But I think you can only squeeze so much blood from a stone, and Love is a guy who is good enough to give another year, but not good enough to build a team around.

Danny Jones last season - that’s what I’m predicting.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’ll buy this too - I agree with the assessment that @MWil23 had of Love at the time he was drafted, he simply didn’t impress me. I’ll concede that he had a chance to sit and get mental reps these last few years, so he’s probably a more polished product than when he was drafted; But I think you can only squeeze so much blood from a stone, and Love is a guy who is good enough to give another year, but not good enough to build a team around.

I'm genuinely torn here to be honest.

On the one hand, I like the Packers and most of their fans and am hoping things pan out for them.

On the other hand, I've grown completely exhausted with the pontification of Green Bay fans and the subsequent snobbery of quarterback play, as they've been spoiled for over 30 years now with back to back HOF caliber QBs. As such, they've lost perspective of how great they've had it, and many have good (and bad) naturedly given me as a Browns fan a hard time as a result. I've taken it in stride, but at this point in my fan life, I'm taking great enjoyment in watching fan bases like New England and Indianapolis wallow in mediocrity and frustration, and really hoping for another 30-40 years of misery for them for similar reasons.

So, on the one hand, I wish you well Packers...and on the other hand...LOL I hope you guys suck for 30-40 years at the QB position so you have perspective on what it's like.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Plus he's not stepping into any offense, it's an offense where for the past 10 years the QB has not only handled all the pre-snap reads, audibles, etc.,, but has been responsible for making plays during busted plays and has even influenced the personnel. The Packers have OL who are excellent at pass blocking on extended plays, and WRs who's best skill set is the mental side.

Great weapons for a really good QB, but not a QB-friendly supporting cast at all. There's a running game and some talent is better than no talent, but I think people will assume a QB friendly system because he sat and I don't see that.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Dak/Cousins type of player.  OK stats, but ultimately not good enough to go anywhere with him. 

Note:  This totally uninformed opinion is coming from someone who has never seen Love take a snap, so that and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

Sounds great to me :) A player whose contract weighs down the team.

51 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Plus he's not stepping into any offense, it's an offense where for the past 10 years the QB has not only handled all the pre-snap reads, audibles, etc.,, but has been responsible for making plays during busted plays and has even influenced the personnel. The Packers have OL who are excellent at pass blocking on extended plays, and WRs who's best skill set is the mental side.

Great weapons for a really good QB, but not a QB-friendly supporting cast at all. There's a running game and some talent is better than no talent, but I think people will assume a QB friendly system because he sat and I don't see that.

I'm not quite sure what the GB offense 10 years ago under Mike McCarthy and having zero of the same players or staff has to do with Love in 2023? 2023 offense is going to look way different than anything we've seen. Rodgers changed a lot of plays at the LOS. Often with bad results. We'll finally get to see a full MLF game plan executed as intended. I for one am really excited to see how that continuity looks when you remove Rodgers hero ball antics which have faded significantly in success probability.

Absolutely everyone who has seen him every day (along with knowledgeable talking heads like Martz and Warner) rave about Jordan Love and his tools. He really took off under the expert tutelage of Tom Clements last year. Was a really nice parting gift from Rodgers to recruit Clements back to GB. Love benefited tremendously from him by all accounts. 

Love has the physical traits of a top 3 QB. Miami nearly took him over Tua at 5 that year. And now he's been able to grow behind Rodgers, LaFleur and Clements. Sky is the limit for him.

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

I'm not quite sure what the GB offense 10 years ago under Mike McCarthy and having zero of the same players or staff has to do with Love in 2023?

If you read "for the past 10 years" as "exactly 10 years ago and not once since", I'm going to stop here and presume that nothing positive is going to come out of the conversation.

• Like 2