Final Draft Thoughts 2023

Superduperman

4 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

That gambling issue is just a matter of standing in a different location. It's not really a character thing as much as it is an NFL is silly type thing.

Yes it's a little thing...but it seems to be a collection of little things.  I'm pretty sure after the suspension he was tweeting that he was in Vegas.  Like the fact that he can't understand that it's a bad look is not good.  Like just shut up and shut it down.  Get a PR team.

12 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I keep thinking back to when Dan Campbell said of the 30 people they talked to, they like 4 of them. Or something like that. I wonder how much that played into this.

In the yearly scout article McGinn puts out, one of the scouts said everybody was elevating Campbell because of what else was out there.

GMs not having 15 first round grades doesn't seem like much of a smokescreen now.

I just want good football players and I hope these guys plays as well at the pro level as they did in college. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jameson_Neat said:

In the yearly scout article McGinn puts out, one of the scouts said everybody was elevating Campbell because of what else was out there.

GMs not having 15 first round grades doesn't seem like much of a smokescreen now.

I just want good football players and I hope these guys plays as well at the pro level as they did in college. 

I’m rooting for them. They are Lions. But I’m still disappointed right now. Maybe I’ll feel differently tomorrow after I sleep on it. But I’m not upset with the players, just the value. It’s like drafting Paschal in the 2nd round when he was a fourth rd talent. 

• Like 1