Final Draft Thoughts 2023

Superduperman

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

I am still waiting one person covering the Lions to provide more than a two-sentence evaluation of Brodric Martin.  If he remains healthy I suspect he will have a much bigger impact than most people are thinking right now.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions will keep his progress quiet until real games are being played and then unleash him in certain roles like they did with James Houston.  I doubt they will wait to Week 12 to do that though.

If he shows it in camp, word will get out.  I am guessing it will be something along the lines of Kerby/Houston in that he will make aplay here and there and could be a regular later in the year.  But it also wouldn't shock me if he ends up like Derrick Barnes as a role player.  As you said, there isnt a lot of info on him or detailed scouting reports so its hard to determine his impact, but I am keeping expectations low for now. 

59 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

As you said, there isnt a lot of info on him or detailed scouting reports so its hard to determine his impact, but I am keeping expectations low for now. 

As Lions fans, we are well trained in this.

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

If he shows it in camp, word will get out.  I am guessing it will be something along the lines of Kerby/Houston in that he will make aplay here and there and could be a regular later in the year.  But it also wouldn't shock me if he ends up like Derrick Barnes as a role player.  As you said, there isnt a lot of info on him or detailed scouting reports so its hard to determine his impact, but I am keeping expectations low for now. 

Brad Holmes mentioned that they see a lot of upside with him and he does have major upside.  However, I think this is causing people to see him as a "project".  He may not be as much of a project as some folks are making him out to be.  I would be surprised if he was a starter in his rookie year but he has a clear path to the #3DT.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Brad Holmes mentioned that they see a lot of upside with him and he does have major upside.  However, I think this is causing people to see him as a "project".  He may not be as much of a project as some folks are making him out to be.  I would be surprised if he was a starter in his rookie year but he has a clear path to the #3DT.

I mean considering it's probably our weakest position I wouldn't be at all surprised if he became the #3.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I think I could join the team and compete for #3 DT right now 😂

You guys are as bad as the beat writers.  Yes, we have a void at #3DT.  However, Brodric Martin will get that job because, barring any injuries, he is talented enough to win that job.  If you listen to him in this interview, he has the mental make-up of the kind of player who will do well.

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/19/detroit-lions-podcast-interview-brodric-martin-rookie-minicamp/