Final Draft Thoughts 2023

Superduperman

4 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

The shocker? When did that get associated with gangs, or specifically, Bloods?

Seriously??  Do any of these look familiar??

https://www.policemag.com/special-units/media-gallery/15321956/east-coast-blood-hand-signs

https://northtownmud.org/docs/IPTM_Basic_Street_Gangs_Hand_Signs1.pdf

Edited by Just Want A Title

Capture.png 

This is the thing I saw in the video which could be construed as a gang sign. I've never seen anything associating this gesture with the Bloods street gang. The article you linked didn't mention the gesture as to why they were linking Carter to the Bloods. The article only mentioned he was wearing red: 

Representing the colors of any street gang is bad enough for an NFL player, but to do so of one of the most notoriously violent of the past 50 years is even worse. 

The tweet from the article also says Carter could be facing a suspension. 

Suspended for wearing red? The article is a joke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nnivolcm said:

Capture.png 

This is the thing I saw in the video which could be construed as a gang sign. I've never seen anything associating this gesture with the Bloods street gang. The article you linked didn't mention the gesture as to why they were linking Carter to the Bloods. The article only mentioned he was wearing red: 

Wait till the league finds out about the Chiefs, Bucs, Cardinals, Falcons and Niners… 🫣

3 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

Capture.png 

It is called "throwing threes" and it is very much associated with gangs

9 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Did you notice what the other person was doing?  If that is who is running with he isn't making great decisions and he hasn't even made it to training camp.

Not making great decisions like claiming someone is a Blood because he's wearing red clothes? Or making the shocker hand gesture?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Not making great decisions like claiming someone is a Blood because he's wearing red clothes? Or making the shocker hand gesture?

Nowhere in anything I have written has said that Jalen Carter is a Blood.  The point of the article is that the clothing along with throwing up a gesture commonly associated with The Bloods looks pretty bad for someone who already had major character concerns.  Also, he was driving on a suspended license at the time of the crash in January and has been named as one of the defendants in a lawsuit.

2 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Nowhere in anything I have written has said that Jalen Carter is a Blood.  The point of the article is that the clothing along with throwing up a gesture commonly associated with The Bloods looks pretty bad for someone who already had major character concerns.  Also, he was driving on a suspended license at the time of the crash in January and has been named as one of the defendants in a lawsuit.

Throwing up threes has multiple meanings. The most obvious in non-gang culture is a sign of showing off your wealth, using the three fingers to make a W for winning.  It happens in sports all of the time.  It is all over urban/hip hop culture as well for a similar meaning of showing success.  The article is grasping at straws combining the color of his college and throwing up a hand sign that just about everyone in the NFL has done at some point.  Yes he has character concerns related to the crash, that was well known and why he dropped past us in the draft.  But this is just trying to tarnish someone's name even more with no rational support.  

• Like 2