2023 ÑFL DRÃFT Dß ONE THREAD (**N0 SP0ILERS?!**)

Ty21

Draft Grades:

1.1 Panthers Bryce Young B - It’s the pick they had to make but he’s not a home run pick

1.2 Texans CJ Stroud B- - a ton of smoke on the lead up to the draft that made it seem less likely but he has good potential. 
1.3 Texans Will Anderson - did not expect this at all even though they clearly had the firepower. Like the Texans’ aggression, Anderson still seems like a risk pick to me 

1.4 Colts Anthony Richardson D+ - he was a combine hero pick that got drafted way too high. I just don’t think he’s the guy. 
1.5 Seahawks Devon Witherspoon B- - pairing him with Tariq Woolen, the Seahawks will soon have one of the more intimidating CB tandems in the league. Again. 
1.6 Cardinals Paris Johnson C+ - feels like a bit of a reach. Cardinals were being a little crazy. But at least they secure the guy they like and if he’s great, it’ll look great. 
1.7 Raiders Tyree Wilson A- - most complete edge of the top guys for me, rating went up due to getting him a touch later than Anderson. 
1.8 Falcons Bijan Robinson - He’s an elite talent to me but such a stupid pick for Atlanta that needs so much more than they wanted a rb. Stupid pick. It’s an F, but I give it a D because he is a special player. Falcons look to be in prime position for Caleb next year. 
1.9 Eagles Jalen Carter B-  - hard one to rate but giving them the benefit of the doubt. Quite possibly the best player in the draft almost fell into their lap. I felt a weird touch of remorse for not taking him even though I’ve been averse to the idea until now. Good landing spot for him, truly. Would be higher rated but he has to prove he has his head on right. 
1.10 Bears Darnell Wright B+ - no one expected the crackhead Cards to take Paris, idk if Paris or Wright topped our board. Wright wasn’t the consensus top guy, but the run on OT early makes this a good choice for sure. Good pass blocker, less so at run block but tbh that’s what I want. 
1.11 Titans Peter Skoronski - part of this B is for not taking Levis. Sko is a high potential lineman who may figure in at guard who’s biggest weakness is length. 
1.12 Lions Jahmyr Gibbs - so satisfying after the fact that I get to give the lions an appropriate bad grade lol. Despite the horrendous reach here, he is a Lion type of rb: one that will struggle to run, esp up the middle but will do damage in the receiving game. Could play a bit out of the slot but isn’t an every down back. Think hell be used like Swift, but heavier on the pass game. Such a strange decision. 
1.13 Packers Lukas Van Ness C+ - he’s a slight reach here, but he was always going to be a packer imo. Decent pass rusher, not an elite talent to me but I think he’s north of good. 
1.14 Broderick Jones B+ - he isn’t better than the others taken but the grade is based on the Steelers being cognizant they needed an OT and they needed to trade up to where they did. Steelers line last year was amongst the league’s worst, so this pick should help a lot with that, especially with their investment in Najee. 
1.15 Will McDonald C- - another whoa pick for me. Way too early for him imo. I like him, but this is too early. Funny to see the jets continue the cycle for Rodgers of not drafting offense for him. 
1.16 Emmanuel Forbes - a bit of a head scratcher for me. His size makes him a very niche player. A 160 lb corner isn’t going to be able to take down a kicker. His ball skills are elite but everything else worries me. Reach for sure. Esp with gonz and Porter on the board. 
1.17 Patriots Christian Gonzalez - he wasn’t my top corner but he is a great prospect and getting him at 17 is very fortuitous for them. 
1.18 Lions Jack Campbell - I like Campbell a lot but 18 is such a reach. The lions knew what they wanted and went for it but damn you could have traded down and still gotten him. For both of your picks. 
19. Bucs Calijah Kancey C+ - he went in the range expected. He’s another combine warrior that did well in college but it likely doesn’t translate to next level, and he’s not Aaron Donald. 
20. Seahawks JSN B+ - good player, I don’t know the Seahawks enough to know their needs but Lockett is getting older and getting a great slot talent in JSN keeps them young. 
21. Chargers Quentin Johnston D+ - someone brought up the chargers always going for height and he’s right. It was always a likely pick for them. They’re already in a good spot at WR so maybe Johnston’s shortcomings won’t be so much of a focus, but I don’t believe in him so much myself. 
22. Ravens Zay Flowers A- - I’ve been vocal about how high I am on him. A great route runner who is smart with adapting his routes will be killer in Baltimore imo. I saw a mock that had him somehow falling to the deep second which was never going to happen but maybe it’ll happen if I close my eyes for long enough. 
23. Vikings Jordan Addison B+ - another slotty guy that plays considerably different from JJ. I imagine this will be another good WR selection for MIN. 

24. NYG  Deonte Banks B - another corner that didn’t slide. Good physical man corner, good pick. 
25. Bills Dalton Kincaid B- - good receiving tight end that should be an improvement over Knox, but he’s not a piece that gets the Bills over the hump they’ve been stuck on in the playoffs. 
26. Cowboys Mazi Smith B - higher rating than I thought I’d give it because it is a little high for him but he’s an anchor for the run game and is a big boy that gums up the middle for them  

27. Anton Harrison B- - I don’t love him like I liked the others but should be a decent replacement for Taylor. I don’t agree that he was taken to take Robinsons spot. 
28. Myles Murphy C - my grade feels low based on getting him so late, but I don’t love him as a prospect, and they didn’t really need an edge based on what they have, at least not more than a few of their other spots. 
29. Bryan Bresee D - I should give it an A just because it meant he didn’t somehow end up in Chicago. Bresee isn’t a great nfl player to me, injured too often and oftentimes just didn’t impress me. He’s one of the players highest on my expected busts list 
30. Eagles Nolan Smith C - everyone was blown away by this but he’s a combine warrior that hasn’t translated it into his game. He’s a mid talent 

31. Chiefs Felix Anudike Uzomah B- - really hate them for this pick lol. I was hoping he was a well kept secret, at least for the first 45 or so picks. 

Edited by Ty21

Did want to mention: the bears-eagles trade on a small scale mirrored the Trubisky trade. Accepted a trade down for a player they were never going to take, then took the guy they would’ve happily taken at 9. I wonder if our openness about trading down again spooked the eagles into feeling they needed to, or if it was their fear we’d take him ourselves. Minimal gain from it, but it’s still a small victory. 

3 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Makes sense.  Poles says he likes to get close to the prospects and gets his hands on them.  

Putting contest they did at the combine: Poles and co supply the golfing mat, prospects supply the shaft. 

and balls I guess 

13 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Putting contest they did at the combine: Poles and co supply the golfing mat, prospects supply the shaft. 

and balls I guess 

Hahaha i can only imagine.

Poles:  Jaylen thanks for meeting with us at the combine.  I know this week is busy and real taxing on you, so I figured we’d lighten the mood and play a game of mini golf.

**poles unrolls a cheap strip of green felt and places a turned-over red solo cup at the end of it.  He then looks up wide eyed, mouth wide open and places his hands on his head**

Poles:  Oh no!  Jaylen I’m so sorry, I forgot the putter in Chicago.  **sigh** I guess we can’t play mini golf……unless!…..unless YOU have something we can use….

Poles:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWefYM-Mp5EiAzBUq4D0n

Jaylen:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

Poles: “why does this keep happening to me!!?”

**Monday after the combine in Halas Hall**

McCaskey:  Hey Ryan, how’d the interview with Carter go?  I know he’s got some red flags so I’m real curious about your take on him.

Poles:  oooooh, I guess you can say it was a ….hole in one.

Poles:

McCaskey:

11 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

**Monday after the combine in Halas Hall**

McCaskey:  Hey Ryan, how’d the interview with Carter go?  I know he’s got some red flags so I’m real curious about your take on him.

Poles:  oooooh, I guess you can say it was a ….hole in one.

Poles:

McCaskey:

Virginia McCaskey when she learns the ban on the Bears having Cheerleaders had an unexpected effect:

8DIFOLX.gif