2023 ÑFL DRÃFT Dß ONE THREAD (**N0 SP0ILERS?!**)

Ty21

You heard Poles talk about in tonight's interview how well Darnell Wright did in his private workout and what tremendous shape he was in and how well conditioned he was. The Bears brass seemed to be impressed by his professionalism in him actually giving a crap about a job interview. Vs. Jalen Carter making excuses and likely not impressing in workouts (short bursts of greatness, but not sustainable). This has been an age old question for all sports not just football. Does handwork beat talent? That's how I'll remember round 1 for the Bears. I really hope Carter does well with the Eagles he certainly has a great team around him he'll actually have to work hard just to get playing time.

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

My favorites still on the board:

Washington-TE

JMS-OC

Tippman-OC

Benton-3T

Hyatt-WR

I haven't done a ton of work on most of the corners, but Julius Brents intrigues me as well...

That said, if I where to place a bet, I think we end up trading up and taking "AA" (the northwestern kid) at 3T

EDIT: I know we had Charbonnet-RB in for a 30 visit, but I don't think he's quick enough. Archane-RB would greatly interest me if I had any faith he could catch. As it stands I think he's ranked way too high for a smaller back that can't catch.

Brents is one of the guys I like as well. He certainly fits the mold of a backside, tall, physical, cover corner. Not sure how I feel about a center in the 2nd right now, however, we need Tippman's mullet in the locker room.
instant respect from the vets. Add Derek Hall to your list and I'm willing to bet we will select at least one of these names in the 2nd.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, anonymousGM said:

You heard Poles talk about in tonight's interview how well Darnell Wright did in his private workout and what tremendous shape he was in and how well conditioned he was. The Bears brass seemed to be impressed by his professionalism in him actually giving a crap about a job interview. Vs. Jalen Carter making excuses and likely not impressing in workouts (short bursts of greatness, but not sustainable). This has been an age old question for all sports not just football. Does handwork beat talent? That's how I'll remember round 1 for the Bears. I really hope Carter does well with the Eagles he certainly has a great team around him he'll actually have to work hard just to get playing time.

It’s the least subtitle I have ever seen Poles when clearly talking about a guy but not saying he is talking about a guy…like you said the trigger words like conditioning, grit, professionalism, fight all make you think Carter really rubbed him up the wrong way and we were never going in that direction…only time will tell and truthfully we will never actually know what would have happened considering how much of the NFL is about fit but yeah blatantly obvious he wanted nothing to do with Carter. 

• Like 1

“GM Ryan Poles was a former offensive lineman and has tried to rebuild his roster on the O-line first,” The Athletic’s Scott Dochtermanwrote. “And Wright will help, but the Bears have nothing on the defensive line. Absolutely nothing.”

I usually appreciate The Athletic’s insights but this isn’t a great take (they gave us a D-). The pick hatred is due to not taking Carter over Wright, but Carter’s character issues didn’t fit Chicago. We have a qb we assume is our guy, making protecting him far more important than fixing the defensive line. We aren’t winning the super bowl next year, we still have to do things one thing at a time and getting our qb killed in the process will take us even further away 

15 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

“GM Ryan Poles was a former offensive lineman and has tried to rebuild his roster on the O-line first,” The Athletic’s Scott Dochtermanwrote. “And Wright will help, but the Bears have nothing on the defensive line. Absolutely nothing.”

I usually appreciate The Athletic’s insights but this isn’t a great take (they gave us a D-). The pick hatred is due to not taking Carter over Wright, but Carter’s character issues didn’t fit Chicago. We have a qb we assume is our guy, making protecting him far more important than fixing the defensive line. We aren’t winning the super bowl next year, we still have to do things one thing at a time and getting our qb killed in the process will take us even further away 

I think that's a bad take fer sure.  Passing on talent is always going to open up debate but Carter has many paths to failing, and the spot he landed in is a best case scenario for him. Chicago meanwhile, took a pretty good prospect at a position of need and didn't take a huge risk.