Philapelphia Eagles Draft Day 1 Discussion -- NO SPOILERS

EaglesPeteC

9 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

You can like them, the thing is they're not perfect as your original comment said. 

Everything we've done is not perfect, no one does. 

Perfect as you can get with what we had to work with so yes perfect. If we didn't have a massive contract to give out, bunch of our own guys to resign then sure I can see arguing why we didn't get more big name free agents but there lays the problem. We had to put money all around. 

Perfect is my opinion not yours. Not really how you can say my opinion needs to change just because you don't agree lol

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

After FA and 1 draft night. 

Upgrades - DT, Pass Rusher (Smith), WR4, RB 2 (Penny) and overall depth

About equal - LB , S2 , S3

Still need to address - Safety1 , CB of the future, RB1, OL Depth

Easier just to say are biggest losses were Hargrave and CGJ. We got Carter to fill the Hargrave hole. Need to address CGJs loss now. 

No I didn't like our LBs that much last year so I don't really consider that a loss. 

I would not say DT is an upgrade.  Switched out Hargrave for Carter, right now it is a wash at best.

Pass rusher I agree is upgraded

WR 4 is a wash.  The signing of Z is only an upgrade if he outperforms Quez.

RB is not improved.  Penny has to stay healthy, I say it is a downgrade.

Safety and LB are both downgraded currently.

RG is downgraded.

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

We've passed on better players for rotational DL players before. I believe that was the justification Howie gave when drafting Shareeff Miller IIRC. 

You out here talking Shareeff Miller now?????, in 2023????? in this economy??????

Classic Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Not a Ringo fan, he is way more athlete than football player.

Would rather have Brents, Stevenson, hell, even Clark Phillips over Ringo.

Brents I tend to agree with you on, don't think he was there though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

After FA and 1 draft night. 

Upgrades - DT, Pass Rusher (Smith), WR4, RB 2 (Penny) and overall depth

About equal - LB , S2 , S3

Still need to address - Safety1 , CB of the future, RB1, OL Depth

Easier just to say are biggest losses were Hargrave and CGJ. We got Carter to fill the Hargrave hole. Need to address CGJs loss now. 

No I didn't like our LBs that much last year so I don't really consider that a loss. 

You seem to be projecting Cater to surpass Hargrave's 2022. Which I don't think a rookie DT has ever posted more than 10 sacks a game. 

If Penny is RB 2 and our RB1 is our last year's RB 2 how is that an improvement? 

LB as of this moment is a huge question mark, unless you are projecting Smith to go off the ball, which is an interesting idea. 

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Perfect as you can get with what we had to work with so yes perfect. If we didn't have a massive contract to give out, bunch of our own guys to resign then sure I can see arguing why we didn't get more big name free agents but there lays the problem. We had to put money all around. 

If you are already saying "it's pefect considering..." it's not really perfect.

Edited by Broadway Joe

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Seriously? You don't see the difference in having TJ Edwards, Kyzir White, James Bradberry, CJGJ over Nate Gerry, over the hill Rodney McLeud, Anthony Harris, Nate Gerry, Steven Nelson? 

Where did I say anything even remotely close to this? LOL 

I never once said our defense was only good because of our DL. I just said they make the guys behind them play better because they are so good. Extremely simple concept. Obviously you want good players everywhere, but it all starts up front. If you don't have a good DL your defense has no chance at all.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I would not say DT is an upgrade.  Switched out Hargrave for Carter, right now it is a wash at best.

Pass rusher I agree is upgraded

WR 4 is a wash.  The signing of Z is only an upgrade if he outperforms Quez.

RB is not improved.  Penny has to stay healthy, I say it is a downgrade.

Safety and LB are both downgraded currently.

RG is downgraded.

Quez is our wr3. I said WR4 upgraded

It's an upgrade because even tho it might be a push we got a player close enough to him and paying him way less.

I said rb2 for penny

Safety 2n3 are upgraded in my opinion. I didn't like Epps and sure as hell don't like Wallace

LB I didn't really like them either. Rather have Dean Murrow and whatever else we have after draft weekend

Rg maybe unless jurgens fills it or we fill it tonight

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

You seem to be projecting Cater to surpass Hargrave's 2022. Which I don't think a rookie DT has ever posted more than 10 sacks a game. 

If Penny is RB 2 and our RB1 is our last year's RB 2 how is that an improvement? 

LB as of this moment is a huge question mark, unless you are projecting Smith to go off the ball, which is an interesting idea. 

Until those guys actually produce, right now they are all downgrades.

Penny has proven through 5 NFL season he can not stay healthy.

Morrow has proven in his NFL career he is a major liability in coverage.

Carter has huge potential, but Hargrave has actually done it in the NFL at a high level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Where did I say anything even remotely close to this? LOL 

I never once said our defense was only good because of our DL. I just said they make the guys behind them play better because they are so good. Extremely simple concept. Obviously you want good players everywhere, but it all starts up front. If you don't have a good DL your defense has no chance at all.

How did that work out in the Super Bowl ??

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

How did that work out in the Super Bowl ??

Nice, I too like to point out one game outliers with clear conditions that affected the outcome of said game as proof of an argument. 

Hilarious we can boil down years of data down to one game and claim that as some kind of gotcha.

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

If you are already saying "it's pefect considering..." it's not really perfect.

Are we only talking about 1 single season then sure some of that rings out. I didn't think we're only talking about 1 single season. Pretty sure the NFL continues after 1

You can upgrade backup positions. Just cause I said we upgraded rb2 , that should mean we have a hole at rb1. I don't like penny for rb1 or gainwell. 

I like Morrow. Some don't I get it

We're 1 more good night away tonight from finishing off the last couple issues potentially so I still stick to perfect. Till it shows otherwise

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Nice, I too like to point out one game outliers with clear conditions that affected the outcome of said game as proof of an argument. 

Hilarious we can boil down years of data down to one game and claim that as some kind of gotcha.

Why did those conditions only impact the Eagles ??