Philapelphia Eagles Draft Day 1 Discussion -- NO SPOILERS

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Never watched it back but didn't hurts run out of balance on 1 of the sacks. Maybe I'm forgetting but he should've just flicked it out. Wouldn't really call that a true sack cause of skill. I know it counts all the same but yeah

Chiefs also had more pressures.

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Chiefs had two sacks, Eagles had none.

The Chiefs inferior offensive line held up for 60 minutes, no sacks and paved the way for their RB's to average 5.8 yards per carry.

The Eagles superior offensive line allowed two sacks, and the RB's averaged 2.6 yards per carry behind them.

Regardless of the field conditions, the Eagles had the superior offensive and defensive line going into the game, and they were both outplayed.

We were also outcoached on both sides of the ball.

But we "out-executed" them on offense, which was great. But Gannon, my goodness.. 

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

We were also outcoached on both sides of the ball.

But we "out-executed" them on offense, which was great. But Gannon, my goodness.. 

We did not out execute them on offense.  We had a 10 point lead at the half, if we matched them score for score, the Chiefs never take the lead.

• Like 1

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

If all that crazy stuff happened. It hasn't happened yet tho. So currently perfect still. 

It's ok to disagree that's what these forums are for 

More like currently it is not perfect, there's already a ton of conditionals, but with a crap-ton of luck can become perfect. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Chiefs had two sacks, Eagles had none.

The Chiefs inferior offensive line held up for 60 minutes, no sacks and paved the way for their RB's to average 5.8 yards per carry.

The Eagles superior offensive line allowed two sacks, and the RB's averaged 2.6 yards per carry behind them.

Regardless of the field conditions, the Eagles had the superior offensive and defensive line going into the game, and they were both outplayed.

It is hilarious that you are still trying to point to a one game sample size as a gotcha for saying building through the trenches is bad.... especially when that one game sample size is against the Chiefs who happen to have a very good OL and DL lol.

If I had said building through the trenches will guarantee the Eagles a SB win in the 2022/2023 season your points would have been valid for sure. Unfortunately nothing you have brought up has remotely refuted my point. I'd say the fact that the Eagles had the best record in football last year and were three points away from going to OT vs the best QB of this generation is pretty good evidence that building through the trenches is generally a pretty good strategy actually.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

More like currently it is not perfect, there's already a ton of conditionals, but with a crap-ton of luck can become perfect. 

That's an opinion just like mine. You don't like most of the new guys.. I do.

Seems like you didn't even like the Carter pick. Not much is gonna make you happy if that's the case

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It is hilarious that you are still trying to point to a one game sample size as a gotcha for saying building through the trenches is bad.... especially when that one game sample size is against the Chiefs who happen to have a very good OL and DL lol.

If I had said building through the trenches will guarantee the Eagles a SB win in the 2022/2023 season your points would have been valid for sure. Unfortunately nothing you have brought up has remotely refuted my point. I'd say the fact that the Eagles had the best record in football last year and were three points away from going to OT vs the best QB of this generation is pretty good evidence that building through the trenches is generally a pretty good strategy actually.

It's a bad game to use for offense or defense. Both QBs had injuries & terrible field. 

It's more a Gannon issue if you wanna go anywhere with it

Cut Milton or trade him for a 7th, draft Ade or Benton. Next year we got a core of Davis, Carter, and one of Ade and Benton, and then we can guarantee we avoid DT in round 1 or 2 in 2024. Milton Williams is just a guy, and that might be all Fletcher Cox is this year.

Is Matt Ioaniddis still a FA? Maybe just cut Milton and sign Matt if he's still waiting for a team.

Edited by Jeezla

14 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

That's an opinion just like mine. You don't like most of the new guys.. I do.

Seems like you didn't even like the Carter pick. Not much is gonna make you happy if that's the case

No one has said anything about Carter, it was a great pick.  But it is a wash in regards to improving the team over last year.

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Cut Milton or trade him for a 7th, draft Ade or Benton. Next year we got a core of Davis, Carter, and one of Ade and Benton, and then we can guarantee we avoid DT in round 1 or 2 in 2024. Milton Williams is just a guy, and that might be all Fletcher Cox is this year.

Is Matt Ioaniddis still a FA? Maybe just cut Milton and sign Matt if he's still waiting for a team.

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Are you disagreeing we need to cut Milton, draft a DT, or both? Cuz if you think this team needs Milton Williams, I'm gonna post a stay off the crack video.

Edited by Jeezla

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

This is the most Jeezla post of all time

• Like 2

Just now, Jeezla said:

Are you disagreeing we need to cut Milton, draft a DT, or both? Cuz if you think this team needs Milton Williams, I'm gonna post a stay off the crack video.

Ya lets just cut a player who clearly has value to the team because?????? Why not.

Like in no world are we cutting a third year player who has contributed to this team or dumping him for a 7th lol. Makes absolutely zero sense.

Idk tbh I feel like I got baited to even responding to this one.