🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

17 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That's got to be clickbait. Draft status and the fact they have squat for depth keeps him at least in the rotation. Not to mention someone would give them a pick for him.

Honestly, I think that'd be the best outcome. 

Sure, his theoretical ceiling is high, but he needs so much work to even match some fo the guys he's listed above only do to Draft status that any talk of his ceiling is moot. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 4:46 PM, Devilshark69 said:

I'm sticking with my original post from last mid season. Put some weight on him and keep him inside. I'm done with "hoping" he turns into a stud DE.  Do what's best for the team, it's that simple.👍

Agree. He might even become "good" at DT. I don't see it happening at edge rn because there isn't enough there to win to the corner with burst/bend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I’m curious why you were so high on him in the early draft process?

You understand that you can change your opinion after you watch more film of a player, right?

Or does everyone here live their life in complete absolutes? It's either black or white?

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You understand that you can change your opinion after you watch more film of a player, right?

Or does everyone here live their life in complete absolutes? It's either black or white?

No need to get defensive buddy, I was just attempting to ascertain what skills you initially saw in him that made you high on him. What originally piqued your interest in him, does he still have those traits for example?

Absolutely nothing wrong with changing opinion when better evidence is presented, in fact it’s the honest thing to do. 

I wasn’t trying to insult or mock, just curious!

8 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

No need to get defensive buddy, I was just attempting to ascertain what skills you initially saw in him that made you high on him. What originally piqued your interest in him, does he still have those traits for example?

Absolutely nothing wrong with changing opinion when better evidence is presented, in fact it’s the honest thing to do. 

I wasn’t trying to insult or mock, just curious!

The size, length, and strength were impressive and I just thought he was more toolsy then he actually is. Once I saw more of him it was clear to me that he was pretty similar to Ferrell. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The size, length, and strength were impressive and I just thought he was more toolsy than he actually is. Once I saw more of him it was clear to me that he was pretty similar to Ferrell. 

Yeh, I was kinda the same. Saw the measurables and raised eyebrows but then when I watched the games I’d actually say Ferrell is better. Certainly in terms of technique.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The size, length, and strength were impressive and I just thought he was more toolsy then he actually is. Once I saw more of him it was clear to me that he was pretty similar to Ferrell. 

These were my thoughts too. I gave him the benefit of the doubt his rookie year and trusted that he’d improve with him being healthy and having an actual offseason with coaching. But it ain’t looking too good now smh

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, I was kinda the same. Saw the measurables and raised eyebrows but then when I watched the games I’d actually say Ferrell is better. Certainly in terms of technique.

4 hours ago, Justwinning said:

These were my thoughts too. I gave him the benefit of the doubt his rookie year and trusted that he’d improve with him being healthy and having an actual offseason with coaching. But it ain’t looking too good now smh

It's just honestly crazy that he has zero pass rush moves

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's just honestly crazy that he has zero pass rush moves

Yeh, it’s dumbfounding. David Agoha the Nigerian boxer on the International Pathway Programme who only took up the sport a couple years ago is actually more advanced 😳