Eagles27

Seattle Mariners Thread

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Anything you can tell us about Seth Elledge?  Seems like a future long reliever.

Good 3 pitch mix with mid 90's velo. Had a great K rate going this year.

I think long-reliever is selling him short. Upside of late inning / set-up role with an outside chance to start if the Cards believe he can handle the workload. 

I had him as our #11 prospect (obviously means less in our system). Not thrilled about this deal from our side TBH, though I've read some Cards fans feel the same way. 

Can't really complain about the 2 trades yesterday. 2 quality relievers for bonus slot space and non-prospects.

Assuming Colome pitches decently it will be hard for Servais to mis-manage the pen now. Vincent and Nicasio shouldn't be getting any high leverage innings the rest of the way. 

@Eagles27 @Mesa_Titan

A Cardinals' blog suggested some sort of Fowler/Seager swap, probably with the Cardinals adding in a prospect or two.  Would that be something that you would think would interest the Mariners?

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

@Eagles27 @Mesa_Titan

A Cardinals' blog suggested some sort of Fowler/Seager swap, probably with the Cardinals adding in a prospect or two.  Would that be something that you would think would interest the Mariners?

Honestly don't care. Fire sale the whole team.xD

So apparently the FO is considering a tear down to some degree. Paxton, Zunino, & Segura rumored to possibly be on the block. 

I wouldn't mind a rebuild at this point, but I hope they don't half *** it. Trade Diaz & dangle Haniger as well. If a team is willing to pay a high price trade them, and if not hold  only until some team makes a good offer. 

Well, back to only caring about our prospects...

Not thrilled about waiting 2-4 years to compete again, but this is probably our best chance at long-term success. Glad we won't be floating around .500 for a few years before tearing it down. 

10 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

What’s the price on Haniger? 

Pretty high I assume, but I doubt DiPoto will be unreasonable if he's going in this direction. 

I'd guess Soroka, Wright, or Anderson plus 2 more from your top 15. Riley may be enough to headline, but hopefully not.