2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

You can find a quality iOL in round 2, which is why I am praying Nelson goes before it's our pick at 8.

Just as you can find a quality QB like Derek Carr in the 2nd round and on too.  Doesn't mean you don't take what you believe to be an elite one in the top-10 when the opportunity presents itself.

The whole OG positional value argument is getting kind of old now.  If Nelson ends up being the pick then Bears fans should be thrilled.  He will be worth it.

Edited by topwop1

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

You can find any quality player in round 2.

Quality is different than elite.

Windy, let's not wax philosophical here and look at the board. There are more quality iOL in round 2 than EDGE rushers. That's just a fact.

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Just as you can find a quality QB like Derek Carr in the 2nd round and on too.  Doesn't mean you don't take what you believe to be an elite one in the top-10 when the opportunity presents itself.

The whole OG positional value argument is getting kind of old now.  If Nelson ends up being the pick then Bears fans should be thrilled.  He will be worth it.

Look up the hit rate in each round and get back to me. There is a huge difference between an elite QB and an elite OG. Apples oranges blah blah blah.

QB's drafted 1990-2016  
pick success %
1-16 81%
17-32 65%
2nd round 48%
3rd round 25%
4th round 13%
5th round 6%
6th round 16%
7th round 6%
Edited by G08

Just now, G08 said:

Windy, let's not wax philosophical here and look at the board. There are more quality iOL in round 2 than EDGE rushers. That's just a fact.

That is true.

It is also a fact that Nelson is a far better prospect than any pass rusher at 8.

Just now, WindyCity said:

That is true.

It is also a fact that Nelson is a far better prospect than any pass rusher at 8.

Perhaps, but Nelson being elite doesn't win you football games. Any pass rusher at 8 being very good could win you football games.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

This doesnt' mean you should take the 15th ranked player over the 2nd ranked player overall on your board even if that player is the #2 ranked edge rusher and the need is there.

1 minute ago, IronMike84 said:

Davenport is easily my least favorite of any high 1st round prospect we’ve discussed over the past four months.

He's got his work cut out for him but if he hits and develops? Ooo-wee that's a bingo.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Perhaps, but Nelson being elite doesn't win you football games. Any pass rusher at 8 being very good could win you football games.

How do you stop very good pass rushers  from winning games for the other team?

Edited by WindyCity

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

How do you stop very good pass rushers to stop them from winning games?

Agreed.  The argument that O-linemen don't win games is so false and uneducated that I don't even want to go there because it's not worth the hassle.  It's just common sense if you know the game of football.

Edited by topwop1

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

He's got his work cut out for him but if he hits and develops? Ooo-wee that's a bingo.

Meh. He’s such a big projection. I’ve ragged on Landry and Edmunds but I’d take both of those guys 10 out of 10 times over Davenport.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

How do you stop very good pass rushers  from winning games for the other team?

I don't know... I value LTs greatly but the great Joe Thomas didn't help Cleveland do ****, did he?

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I don't know... I value LTs greatly but the great Joe Thomas didn't help Cleveland do ****, did he?

And what has Ezekial Ansah and Jadaveon Clowney exactly help their respective teams do lately?  Neither team have won a Super Bowl with those highly valued pass rushers...

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Jadaveon Clowney is an awesome pass rusher and his team is picking 4th.

Khalil Mack is insane and his team did nothing till they signed Osemele and Hudson.

Attributing a teams success to 1 position and 1 player is silly.