2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If Meredith is not matched the Bears almost have to draft a WR high

1. ACL
2. Never had more than 621 yard in a season
5. Horrendous WR and here for special teams
6. Played 5 games in 3 years and finished 3 of them

Concur... as we go into 3 years of Pace my feelings towards him are getting more settled, and they're very...complex.  He's like an awesome neighbor, who's tons of fun, but 1 night a week he blocks your driveway  and his garage has like 10000watt lights...  

He had a great draft last year, had an ambitious and organized coaching hire, great coaching staff, great WR haul in FA. BUT. He's also created a big need at guard for seemingly no reason, hasn't filled it in FA, and now seems be dithering on an obvious keeper candidate after passing on the 2nd rd tender which would have either a) kept everyone away or b) gotten an unlikely pick bonus.  

At some point this season we're going to have an injury on the OL and we're all going to be thinking "hey whats Sitton up to?"  I hope we're also not watching Meredite go for 900yds in NO while Kevin White catches his own severed leg. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

1. ACL

I don’t necessarily disagree, but I think there are several mid-round WR in this draft who can be immediate contributors as well. 

I’ll still be SHOCKED if we don’t match. 

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

1. ACL

White will be the Y whether Meredith is here or not. It’s painfully obvious. I’ve said before too that I expect Cohen to receive more snaps split out than in the backfield. He had 50+ targets last year as a WR, I’m expecting between 75-90 next season. Pace won’t take a WR before day 3, I’m fairly confident about that.

3 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Concur... as we go into 3 years of Pace my feelings towards him are getting more settled, and they're very...complex.  He's like an awesome neighbor, who's tons of fun, but 1 night a week he blocks your driveway  and his garage has like 10000watt lights...  

He had a great draft last year, had an ambitious and organized coaching hire, great coaching staff, great WR haul in FA. BUT. He's also created a big need at guard for seemingly no reason, hasn't filled it in FA, and now seems be dithering on an obvious keeper candidate after passing on the 2nd rd tender which would have either a) kept everyone away or b) gotten an unlikely pick bonus.  

At some point this season we're going to have an injury on the OL and we're all going to be thinking "hey whats Sitton up to?"  I hope we're also not watching Meredite go for 900yds in NO while Kevin White catches his own severed leg. 

I don’t think there’s any “dithering” - I’m relatively certain he knows if he’s matching or not. He doesn’t have to say until tomorrow, so he’s not. I don’t think there’s anything more to it than that. The only way the original pick tender ever made sense for Meredith was if they intended to match any reasonable offer though, and the NO sheet is just that.

FWIW Pace let his intentions on Fuller be known right away and was needled for it for not holding GB’s cap space hostage for 5 days just because he could. Now he goes the other way and gets needled for that too. Tough gig. 

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

FWIW Pace let his intentions on Fuller be known right away and was needled for it for not holding GB’s cap space hostage for 5 days just because he could.

Actually, I heard Pace verbally said they would match GB's contract but didn't actually sign it until the last minute. #SAVAGE

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

White will be the Y whether Meredith is here or not. It’s painfully obvious. I’ve said before too that I expect Cohen to receive more snaps split out than in the backfield. He had 50+ targets last year as a WR, I’m expecting between 75-90 next season. Pace won’t take a WR before day 3, I’m fairly confident about that.

1. Kevin White will not be relied upon to be anything, nor could he beat out Cam Meredith if Cam was playing with a torn ACL.

2. Cohen is going to get 75-90 receptions, but that does not effect targets for WR. The Chiefs threw 100 passes to RBs and Jordan Howard cannot handle a fraction of those. Cohen will get a bulk of the RB targets,

3. As of right now without Meredith the Bears are starting Josh Bellamy in their top 3 WRs.

Edited by WindyCity

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This should not be a news flash, but Kevin White sucks. 

Nagy is talking him up because he has no other options, his money means he will be here. 

I still don't understand this sentiment.  He is injury prone and will not likely stay on the field.  That doesn't mean he sucks or that Nagy can't be optimistic about his potential impact in the offense.  Obviously everyone is aware he hasn't lived up to his draft status.  Saying he sucks isn't really true if the only reason why he sucks is because he can't get in the game.  

I will not be relying on him or expecting him to do anything this season.  That being said, his route running surely should be improved with a year of practice (since he hurt his shoulder, not his leg) and a new training staff may be able to help his brittle-bone syndrome.  Who knows what to expect at this point?

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

I still don't understand this sentiment.  He is injury prone and will not likely stay on the field.  That doesn't mean he sucks or that Nagy can't be optimistic about his potential impact in the offense.  Obviously everyone is aware he hasn't lived up to his draft status.  Saying he sucks isn't really true if the only reason why he sucks is because he can't get in the game.  

I will not be relying on him or expecting him to do anything this season.  That being said, his route running surely should be improved with a year of practice (since he hurt his shoulder, not his leg) and a new training staff may be able to help his brittle-bone syndrome.  Who knows what to expect at this point?

Relying on him for anything is stupid.

He is not good. The entire camp last season was nothing but disappointing Kevin White reports. Jahns and Hoge talk about it on their 2nd to last podcast how mediocre to bad he looked in camp and the preseason.

His route running did not improve because on IR he cannot practice. Nagy can fain optimism all he wants, but he is a lotto ticket, you cannot count on it to pay the bills.

3 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Pace won’t take a WR before day 3, I’m fairly confident about that.

I think you’re correct on this, whether Meredith is back or not. If he is back I’m not certain we draft a WR at all tbh. Our top 4 would be set (incl. White), plus whatever Cohen does as a WR and he’s gonna get noteworthy reps there without question. Bellamy is already in the fold as a ST guy. If we draft a guy does he even have a role before attrition? 

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He is not good. The entire camp last season was nothing but disappointing Kevin White reports. Jahns and Hoge talk about it on their 2nd to last podcast how mediocre to bad he looked in camp and the preseason.

His route running did not improve because on IR he cannot practice. Nagy can fain optimism all he wants, but he is a lotto ticket, you cannot count on it to pay the bills.

He cannot practice with the team.  He can rehab, and practice on his own, which reports indicate he has, to at least some extent.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

FWIW those “disappointing” reports were also in the context of him being a starter getting 90% of the reps. Expecting he may be able to fill a role as a WR4 isn’t a stretch with insurance on those reps provided by Cohen, Burton and any drafted WR. He’s as set up to “succeed” in at least some capacity as he’s ever been since arriving right now. He’s basically what they were expecting from Markus Wheaton last year right now. 

I agree 100% with you that if not for the $ he’s probably not on the roster right now, but the money is there and he is on the roster, and if he’s going to be on the roster they’re going to be asking something of him. It certainly won’t be on coverage teams. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

He cannot practice with the team.  He can rehab, and practice on his own, which reports indicate he has, to at least some extent.

What good does practicing on his own do?

He can run routes against air all he wants, but he is not being coached by the coaches and he is not running them within context of the offense.

He is a massive bust, we all need to move on.