The 2023 Vikings' Draft Class

vike daddy

1 minute ago, Purplepride323 said:

He might be the Wish app version of Diggs. Basically a poor man’s Diggs lol. I like Jayden Reed but Jordan Addison is a much better route runner/ route seller. They’re not on the same level. 

Addison is also 2 yr younger then Reed, and essentially only started playing WR full time his fresh year at PIttsburgh. He is a natural and just scratching the surface of his abilities. 

2 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Not that it matters, but in all those viings war room videos from the draft, did anyone see Flores in any of them? 

Does A a

2 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Not that it matters, but in all those viings war room videos from the draft, did anyone see Flores in any of them? 

Does anyone have the video of the war room before they got the Addison pick in?

24 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

it's in the Addison thread.

I'll have to look again.  I'll only see Kwesi confirming that it would be Addison and then them calling him.  I've heard people talk about how tense it seemed with O'Connell wanted to draft the player and Kwesi listening to offers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'll have to look again.  I'll only see Kwesi confirming that it would be Addison and then them calling him.  I've heard people talk about how tense it seemed with O'Connell wanted to draft the player and Kwesi listening to offers

yeah, i don't think the Vikings released anything like that.

So Arif Hasan does a consensus big board every year; where he aggregates draft prospect rankings from around 70 sources, I think.

Personally, after like the top 60ish picks or so, I think consensus starts to become a little muddied; as teams start to focus on scheme specific players. But anyways, he is a look at the haul of the Vikings "rookie" class and the type of value/talent they have brought in.

Jordan Addison - 24th (1st round)

Andre Carter - 101st (3rd round)

Jaquelin Roy - 116th (4th round)

DeWayne McBride - 139th (5th round)

Ivan Pace - 153th (5th round)

Jaren Hall - 168th (5th round)

Jay Ward - 179th (6th round)

Mekhi Blackmon -185th (6th round)

Edited by battle2heaven
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

as you said, obviously Flores is high on him, to take him the low 100's.

or is it more of a matter that Arif was down on him?

So it's not Arif. Arif just aggregates a consensus board. that 185 ranking is a composite ranking compiled with around 70 different prospect big board rankings.

Honestly, I just think with online and media draft analyst, Blackmon wasn't someone on the radar until later in the draft process. That could be why he was also so low. 

• Like 1