The 2023 Vikings' Draft Class

vike daddy

4 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

How does his route running compare to someone like zay flowers?

I think Addison is more technically sound. I think where Flowers has the edge over Addison is after he catches the ball, he is like a mini powder keg ready to explode.

But in everything else, I take Addison; especially in the hands department. Flowers has inconsistent hands.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, vikes635 said:

...scoring points is not where we struggled.

They absolutely did struggle. Outside of the opening drives and the 4th quarter heroics, the offense was generally unproductive throughout the season. They were almost nonexistent in some of the big games. The inability to move the ball, score points, and eat up the clock during most of the game put a lot of additional stress on a bad defense.

And that was with AT in the lineup.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Sir Fobos said:

They absolutely did struggle. Outside of the opening drives and the 4th quarter heroics, the offense was generally unproductive throughout the season. They were almost nonexistent in some of the big games. The inability to move the ball, score points, and eat up the clock during most of the game put a lot of additional stress on a bad defense.

And that was with AT in the lineup.

I think that had more to do with the terrible running game than anything else.  Fix that and the lack of productivity in the 2nd and 3rd quarters gets minimized or reversed. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Look at this violent cut. This is very diggs-esque

RAlKyB.gif

Yup, as soon as I saw Addison’s game film, it reminded me of Diggs. Then I saw an interview where they ask him who his favorite WRs are, and he said Diggs is his favorite and that they’re from the same area. Crazy coincidence how he will follow a similar path and start his career on the same team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I think that had more to do with the terrible running game than anything else.  Fix that and the lack of productivity in the 2nd and 3rd quarters gets minimized or reversed. 

That could be true if there's no drop-off with the productivity at WR2. Without a legit passing attack, teams will just blanket JJ, stack the box, and put the hurt on Cousins. KJ and the young guys could feast a bit under those circumstances, but the offense would struggle.

The defense obviously needs serious attention, but WR2 was a bigger need than some acknowledge. Addison should be able to help keep defenses honest.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Purplepride323 said:

Yup, as soon as I saw Addison’s game film, it reminded me of Diggs. Then I saw an interview where they ask him who his favorite WRs are, and he said Diggs is his favorite and that they’re from the same area. Crazy coincidence how he will follow a similar path and start his career on the same team. 

Packers fans think Jayden Reed is Diggs-esque.

I laughed at that one. 😂

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Packers fans think Jayden Reed is Diggs-esque.

I laughed at that one. 😂

He might be the Wish app version of Diggs. Basically a poor man’s Diggs lol. I like Jayden Reed but Jordan Addison is a much better route runner/ route seller. 

Edited by Purplepride323